Welcome to CustomsForge
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Learn & Play Rocksmith!

Want to play the songs you love? Registration and the use of this website is 100% free.
The only thing you need is a legal copy of Rocksmith 2014 w/ a cable. Click here to buy it.

Having trouble logging in or registering? Please click "Support" below.

Donate

Any amount helps! Donate to our donation goal to help keep us running.
http://customsforge.com/donate/goal-89-may-donation-goal/

Photo

[TRR] iOS: Rocksmith, now available for iPad.ca

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Offline   TheRiffRepeater

TheRiffRepeater

TRR Submission Bot

• CustomsForge Submission Bot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts
  • 3 thanks
  • Rocksmith:Steam

Hello Rocksmith fans!

It’s been almost three years since we came across a juicy rumour that Rocksmith was headed to iOS.

Read More

The post iOS: Rocksmith, now available for iPad.ca appeared first on The Riff Repeater.

Offline   missis sumner

missis sumner

Not exactly an early adopter...

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,301 posts
  • 33 thanks
  • LocationUK

User's Awards

Now, if only CDLC would work with it...

All about the bass, no treble...

https://docs.google....WP8/edit#gid=37

Offline   Alex360

Alex360

Guitar God

• Rocksmith Custom Developer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts
  • 305 thanks

@missis sumner, as consoles you fail to mod smth without rooting device so lol

Offline   TomSawyer2112

TomSawyer2112

Freebird

• Magna Charter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • 118 thanks
  • Locationis a tiny spot in old Europe

Donator

until then we can always copy video captures of our preferred cdlc on the iphone, ipad, android before we take off for holidays, traveller guitar in the luggage ^_^

Offline   papillon

papillon

Master Guitarist

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts
  • 29 thanks

@missis sumner, as consoles you fail to mod smth without rooting device so lol

With 4 songs  will be occupied for a long time.

It's not a mobile edition of your RS license - if the same song is licensed for a previous edition and the iOS you've to buy it again :D

I'm not not with the Coca-Cola example - if a customer buys a digital content he should be free to use it on all his devices, if you buy a ebook you should be able to read it on your favorite ebook reader platform, if you buy music you should be free to listen to it on your computer, in your car, on your mobile music player, ... but that's business

If I bought additional songs for one of the console or PC versions of Rocksmith, can I use those with the iOS app?
Sorry, no. Apple’s App Store is independent of Microsoft, Sony, and Valve’s businesses, so they do not honor purchases you’ve made from other digital stores. Here’s an analogy: McDonald’s and Burger King might both serve Coca-Cola, but you can’t go to Burger King and get a refill for your McDonald’s cup. It’s a bit like that.

Offline   Alex360

Alex360

Guitar God

• 2,094 posts
  • 305 thanks

@papillon, it seems we should have world wide licensing service instead of couple separate so that what you said is possible, maybe change some law's so it would be regulated that way, (highly unlikely if this brings no money to copyright holders, right? haha) I feel your pain tho

Offline   papillon

papillon

Master Guitarist

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts
  • 29 thanks

@papillon, it seems we should have world wide licensing service instead of couple separate so that what you said is possible, maybe change some law's so it would be regulated that way, (highly unlikely if this brings no money to copyright holders, right? haha) I feel your pain tho

In this exampe it's just 2 parties involved in the licensing - Ubisoft and the license holder for a song. I don't see where the argument with the Coca Cola or that it's in a Apple store combine together. The problem is the inflexibility of an Appstore and Microsoft wants to establish the same :D The content is dongled with an ecosystem - many more examples ... and ofc nothing will change it because it's nice milking the cashcow more than once. :P

Offline   firekorn

firekorn

Done Nothing for the Community

• 2,919 posts
  • 423 thanks
  • LocationVillers-Cotterêts, France

@Alex360 it's not the copyright holder here that is the problem, it's the retailer, Apple doesn't want to acknowledge anything you bought outside of their store the same way MS/Sony don't acknowledge the thing you bought on Steam.

They are the ones that aim at keeping their profit by staying the sole store you can go through for content. It's not Ubi choice or even the copyright owner that choose this situation to be in effect.

@papillon

The CD you bought works on all CD players -- just like your X360 DLC works on any X360 you choose to use. (Heck, it also works on your X1 if you choose that.) You can keep using the CD, no problem; we're not taking away support of that. But we just announced a vinyl release. You don't get free vinyl because you bought the CD, or vice versa. :) The record shop selling the vinyl doesn't care that you bought a CD five years ago from somewhere else. You want the vinyl, you gotta pay them for the vinyl.

New platform, new format, new playback mechanism. Only the songs remain the same.

Maybe the fast food analogy wasn't the best one but Dan got a lot other that explain why this is the situation we are in right now.

As for CDLC for the app, there's a lot of reverse engineering to go through first to know if this will be even possible and i'm not sure anyone started to do any kind of research in that direction yet.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

Offline   Telboy

Telboy

Touring Guitarist

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts
  • 10 thanks
  • LocationLondon, UK

User's Awards

Well I'm in as soon as it becomes available, along with a travel guitar. Any good ones about ?

Offline   zanzibarnights

zanzibarnights

Expert Guitarist

• PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • 5 thanks

https://www.amazon.c...s=travel guitar

Also there are ways to get around the geoblock if you want to try the app now

Offline   missis sumner

missis sumner

Not exactly an early adopter...

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,301 posts
  • 33 thanks
  • LocationUK

User's Awards

I'll stick to my Macbook Air, and Steam, for now.

But if it were to break, I'm sure an iPad would be a cheaper replacement... and if CDLC worked on it I'd definitely be interested.

All about the bass, no treble...

https://docs.google....WP8/edit#gid=37

Offline   Alex360

Alex360

Guitar God

• 2,094 posts
  • 305 thanks

@firekorn, I like to read some stuff about coryright nowdays and pattent stuff that was around for a long time, still don't like both of implementations, there should be something new that will fix unevenness in this worlds like string theory that combine two world of physics knowledge ;)

ps. europe has changed it again recently, right? hopping we're moving in right direction!

Offline   TomSawyer2112

TomSawyer2112

Freebird

• Magna Charter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • 118 thanks
  • Locationis a tiny spot in old Europe

Donator

Well I'm in as soon as it becomes available, along with a travel guitar. Any good ones about ?

I went for the Speedster astonishingly playable even on low tunings.

In fact I use it for all C and C# Tunings at home.

Very handy, I broke many records.

The only criticism I have is that the pickup is (and always sounds like) a bridge pickup

Offline   firekorn

firekorn

Done Nothing for the Community

• 2,919 posts
  • 423 thanks
  • LocationVillers-Cotterêts, France

@Alex360 to be simple, patent is a pay to protect system that is limited to 20 years and when you submit a patent, all the information it contains will be publicly available and free to consult on the internet. If you don't pay or the 20 years limit is passed, the system falls under the public domain which is why many thing will never be patented and instead be kept secret.

While copyright is way more messier and can greatly vary depending on the country you are from (while patent system is similar across the world). in the RS app case, the issue Ubi is facing is only in regards to re-licensing the whole DLC catalogue for it to be available on a new platform. This is due to how the contract were made because copyright is something that you can only give away via contract (and only some part of the copyright) and of course the more you ask for the more the copyright holder can ask for in return so contract tend to ask for the minimal requirement (like RB only getting right for a limited amount of time probably to limit cost but that can lead to DLC no being available anymore to the consumer if contract can't be renewed).

As for the limit in time for copyright element to fall under the domain public varies on the country but iirc, it's 70 years after the death of the creator (thanks Disney for making that time that long) which is a fucking long time especially when many different people are the creators of the content (which is often the case for music).

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity