Welcome to CustomsForge Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Learn & Play Rocksmith!

Want to play the songs you love? Registration and the use of this website is 100% free.
The only thing you need is a legal copy of Rocksmith 2014 w/ a cable. Click here to buy it.

Having trouble logging in or registering? Please click "Support" below.

Announcements:

Feburary's end of the month goal is up. Your support keeps us running. You can donate via: click here to donate.

Join us on Discord | Facebook | Twitter | Patreon | Merch | Volunteer | CustomsForge Newsletter (Issue 16) | Riot grrrl Special

Photo

Lyrics encoding

- - - - - Lyrics Invaild Lyrics Lyrics encoding

Best Answer raynebc, 30 March 2017 - 01:06 PM

There is an error in the Ultrastar file:

: 1736 3 0 The
: 1757 4 0  nor
: 1765 70 0 thern
: 1868 2 0  gold
: 1992 3 0  sear
: 1992 4 0 I've

"I've" has an invalid timestamp.  It must come after the previous lyric and after that end of lyric line.  Did you manually edit the lyric file, or did an Ultrastar lyric editor allow it to be authored this way?  If it's the latter, it may be worth reporting this as a bug to its developers because I doubt it should allow this to happen.

Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Offline   Kosa

Kosa

Master Guitarist

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Steam Profile

• Jake - Offline
    Since: Oct 02 2019 05:51 AM
    0.9 hrs last 2 weeks.
    Add Friend

Hello, I'm trying to add lyrics to my new CDLC, butI keep getting that error: ,,Invaild Lyrics File''

I've tried this UTF-8 and ANSI encoding, but nothing worked. 

Here's the file: https://drive.google...dC04OVdKZ25QaWs

Offline   raynebc

raynebc

Guitar God

• Rocksmith Custom Developer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,924 posts
✓  Best Answer

There is an error in the Ultrastar file:

: 1736 3 0 The
: 1757 4 0  nor
: 1765 70 0 thern
: 1868 2 0  gold
: 1992 3 0  sear
: 1992 4 0 I've

"I've" has an invalid timestamp.  It must come after the previous lyric and after that end of lyric line.  Did you manually edit the lyric file, or did an Ultrastar lyric editor allow it to be authored this way?  If it's the latter, it may be worth reporting this as a bug to its developers because I doubt it should allow this to happen.

Offline   albatross213

albatross213

Guitar God

• 2,786 posts

Donator

@raynebc - I remember doing something similar on one of my lyrics charts once (which I then fixed manually by finding something like that example and changing the later timestamp). I think it happened when I used x to go back a second (probably multiple times in a row) then pressed spacebar to place a new lyric while in the midst of previously placed lyrics due to losing my place in the song. Since then I've been careful to make sure that doesn't happen, so it was just the once for me.

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

Offline   raynebc

raynebc

Guitar God

• Rocksmith Custom Developer

• 2,924 posts

If you can reproduce that behavior with an UltraStar lyric editor, it's probably worth reporting it as a bug to its developers.

Offline   Kosa

Kosa

Master Guitarist

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Steam Profile

• Jake - Offline
    Since: Oct 02 2019 05:51 AM
    0.9 hrs last 2 weeks.
    Add Friend

I didn't notice that ,,',,

I feel so stupid now. Thank you guys for your time.