Welcome to CustomsForge
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Learn & Play Rocksmith!

Want to play the songs you love? Registration and the use of this website is 100% free.
The only thing you need is a legal copy of Rocksmith 2014 w/ a cable. Click here to buy it.

Having trouble logging in or registering? Please click "Support" below.

Donate

Our end the month goal is up! $135 remaining. Thank you for donating.
We need to hit our goal by the 29th to keep the servers up.
Official Patreon - Facebook - Twitter

We're needing more volunteers for future projects. This includes:
- Laravel Developers (We're looking for a new Lead Developer *PAID*)
--- We need a developer to rewrite our auth code ASAP. Please apply immediately if you can help. ---
- Server Admin (*PAID*)
- Moderators
- C# Developers (& .Net Core)
Please apply here: https://goo.gl/forms/Y1irWCLoqODGKQVr1

Photo

Visual glitch in chords self-made CDLC

bug glitch chords visual glitch cdlc

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Offline   djsoundnr1

djsoundnr1

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Rocksmith:Steam

Hello, I recently tried my hand in making my own CDLC. However, I've ran into the problem - strings that are unused in chords are horribly artifacting/glitching, making the whole note highway unreadable. I've tried to regenerate it and redo it once again, but to no avail.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Screenshot of said glitch: https://puu.sh/usB3j/7f426bf2d9.jpg

Offline   firekorn

firekorn

Done Nothing for the Community

• Administrator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,321 posts
  • 472 thanks
  • LocationVillers-CotterĂȘts, France

@djsoundnr1 what version of EOF and the toolkit are you using? it would also be nice to be able to see the file you used to examine what can be wrong in it.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

Offline   Chlipouni

Chlipouni

Touring Guitarist

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts
  • 313 thanks
  • LocationFrance

@djsoundnr1,

These display glitches are related to open notes inside chords.
   Each open note must have a "chordNote" tag inside the "chord" tag in the XML file (even if the open notes are defined inside the "chordTemplate") ...

Offline   djsoundnr1

djsoundnr1

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks

@Chlipouni @firekorn I've discovered the cause - which was related to chords - EOF on save was prompting that some chords don't have correct finger information and offering to fix it. If you do so, it gets glitched, so you had to ignore it. Thank you guys very much for your help.

Offline   firekorn

firekorn

Done Nothing for the Community

• Administrator

• 3,321 posts
  • 472 thanks
  • LocationVillers-CotterĂȘts, France

@raynebc might be very interesting in having a lot of detail in that issue @djsoundnr1

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

Offline   raynebc

raynebc

Guitar God

• Rocksmith Custom Developer

• 2,544 posts
  • 710 thanks

@djsoundnr1 If you can provide the EOF project I'll look into it.  It would also be interesting to know if this problem occurs in a chart without dynamic difficulty.

Offline   djsoundnr1

djsoundnr1

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks

@raynebc Here is the uncorrupted .eof file: https://puu.sh/uul4t/3bf157577e.eof
File after "fixing" the incorrect finger information: https://puu.sh/uulcg/4e065f42a7.eof
One more info: this message prompts every time I'm trying to save the project - if you saved the project and applied the fix, then saved again, this prompt would appear again.

Offline   raynebc

raynebc

Guitar God

• Rocksmith Custom Developer

• 2,544 posts
  • 710 thanks

It looks like a typo in one of the chord definitions.  This definition:

<chordTemplate chordName=""        finger0= "1" finger1= "1" finger2= "3" finger3="-1" finger4="-1" finger5= "1" fret0= "1" fret1= "1" fret2= "3" fret3="-1" fret4="-1" fret5="-1"/>

incorrectly defines use of the index finger on the high E string even though the fret number for that string indicates the string isn't played.  EOF's error checking was automatically removing the fingering for the chord after it was automatically applied due to the fingering being invalid, which is why it was repeatedly saying that chord's fingering was undefined.  By editing the chordshapes.xml file and changing that definition so that finger5 equals -1 like the following:

<chordTemplate chordName=""        finger0= "1" finger1= "1" finger2= "3" finger3="-1" finger4="-1" finger5="-1" fret0= "1" fret1= "1" fret2= "3" fret3="-1" fret4="-1" fret5="-1"/>

The problem seemed to go away and EOF stopped complaining about the fingering for that chord.

I expect this is the cause of the problem in-game.  If you have time, please replace your chordshapes.xml file with this fixed one and let me know if the problem is indeed fixed:

http://ignition.cust...of/download/151