Welcome to CustomsForge
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Learn & Play Rocksmith!

Want to play the songs you love? Registration and the use of this website is 100% free.
The only thing you need is a legal copy of Rocksmith 2014 w/ a cable. Click here to buy it.

Having trouble logging in or registering? Please click "Support" below.

Donate

Don't forget to join our Partnered Discord, like us on Facebook and Twitter!
Donate to our monthly goal to keep us running.

Photo

Favorite Brand and model of Guitar?

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

Offline   Hostilian

Hostilian

Master Guitarist

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts
  • 13 thanks
  • LocationEdinburgh, Scotland
  • Rocksmith:Steam

Steam Profile

Donator

I've got a Gibson SG Standard and love it!!!!

I was thinking about getting a Jackson at some point - but my local store doesn't keep them in stock (so I can't try one out).

Has anyone got any experience with them - good or bad? I quite like the King or Kelly...

Thanks!

Offline   RevT2

RevT2

Medium Guitarist

• Donator
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • 5 thanks
  • LocationPennsylvania USA

My most loved bass was my 1990 Washburn XS8 what a guitar that was. But those are days past, I would buy one in a heartbeat if I could find one for sale. I foolishly sold it when I got out of the navy. It was light weight and easy to set up and play. I just can't say enough about this bass.

Today my favorite is my Ibanez TR70 Series bass seen here next to my Dean. It plays nicely and is lightweight the neck is thin and suits my hands well. It plays fairly clean and sounds nice. It will be getting a paint job in the next month or so if I ever decide I want to give it up for a week or so while I refinish it.

Posted Image

I'm looking to pick up another washburn in the near future I think deep down I'm holding out For a good condition XS again.

It's good to know that everyone I idolize at one time or another in their career was where I am right now.
Posted Image

Offline   lespaul77

lespaul77

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 22 posts
  • 1 thanks
  • Locationmichigan

I have an 05 Gibson lespaul gold top and a 82 Gibson lp custom in cherry burst ijust love the feel the weight and most of all the tone of a lespaul

Offline   MVega

MVega

Touring Guitarist

• Magna Charter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 785 posts
  • 60 thanks
  • LocationFrance

Since my birthday's coming up, I went ahead and bought this direct from the manufacturer.

Posted Image

I have no idea what I'm going to receive. Could be a total POS. Could be a great guitar. Might not even ever get here! (Although they seem like a real company, they supply a lot of the knockoff guitars and even a lot of the name brand stuff).

My plan is to use the body as a template to build my own. Unless it turns out to be  a decent guitar.

Once you've gone headless, it's difficult to go back. :cool:

Offline   pom

pom

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 16 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationEngland, mostly

I have a Gibson Les Paul Traditional it weighs in at 9lb 2oz has a 50's style neck, a little fatter than usual Gibsons, one piece back AAA flame maple cap, Klusons blah blah blah. I love it, I've had too many guitars and this is the one I stick with, the feel of the neck, for me, is very important. I used to have a Strat, but it felt like a toy by comparison, it was sold quickly! The sustain, from the mass, of the Gibson is unreal, it goes on for about 3 weeks :) And thats without high output pups, mine are 57plus R&T respectively and the strings are custom lights Les Paul Sigs 9 ~52. So to reiterate get a fat Gibson and you will never buy another guitar, unless you are a weak willed consumeristic fool like me :)

Posted Image

Sex is like spreading butter on toast. Sure you can do it with a credit card, but its so much easier with a knife :shock:

Offline   Arkanoloth

Arkanoloth

Beginner Guitarist

• Donator
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • 0 thanks

just to mention ESP Shinigami by Masao Ohmuro

large.png

and you should have see the others...

Offline   bahamut443

bahamut443

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationConnecticut
  • XBOX:bahamut443
  • PSN:PettyFansNet

Fender Stratocaster and Jaguar. Switch and swap, easy and versatile.

Offline   domsch1988

domsch1988

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 38 posts
  • 0 thanks

Epiphone LP Custom from 2007. The first Guitar i bought with my own money. I guess i was lucky with mine. I purchased a MIM strat, a sterling JP, PRS SE24 and tried guitars between 300$ and 4000$, all with the intention to buy one. None came close. For me, more expensive guitars where always about looks. I just can't justify spending 3 grand for a nice finish.

To this date i have not found a guitar that resonates and sustains like my LP. I have put a JB/Jazz set in it and am done. In a lucky accident i might have screwed the wiring up. I have two push-push-pots for splitting. The Neck by itself is really dull, but in the middle position with both HB's split i get a really convincing acoustic sound :lol:  Through the Years i modified the finish (stripped the neck and top completely without refinishing).

Also, since it got releveled twice, the frets are nice and low. I hate tall frets with a passion. No new guitar comes with frets that low. I fear the day when these can't be leveled again  :(

I often thought about upgrading the hardware (tone pros bridge, graphtech nut), but i'm at the point where i fear every modification might make it loose it's mojo. So, i fix whats broken and stopped searching for something better  :wub:

Offline   ThatWerewolfTho

ThatWerewolfTho

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • 0 thanks

Big fan of Gibsons here. I have an '83 Les Paul (that badly needs new frets set) that mostly sits in its case under my bed. Dream one day of owning an SG, an Explorer, and a Flying V. HUGE Flying V fan but I gotta have a real Gibson V (I'd settle for a Jackson Rhoads). I also love the Gibson RD (it's what the Ghost guitarists play) but I don't think you can get them for under $2500. My Iceman (below) is about as close to an RD as I'll ever get.

16939004_10154747909768153_6388865360533

However, I somehow became brand loyal to Ibanez at some point. My main guitar is a HEAVILY customized Iceman.

17361642_10154817308228153_2113277908360

Bigsby roller bridge, DiMarzio pickups, killswitch. The tuning machines are even custom. It's nuts. It cost me practically nothing. The bridge alone costs about what I paid for the whole guitar. It's awesome. Plays like crazy. I also have an Ibanez acoustic for when I don't feel like plugging in. I'm primarily a bass player, though.

15747697_10154528245348153_7746298004028

I play an Ibanez BTB. It's a Mark 1 from forever ago. I don't think they make this thing in a 4-string anymore and it came with the stock Ibanez pickups. I guess the later models shipped with Bartolini pickups. If I can scrape the cash together for a set of those bars, I'd like to replace my pickups with Bartolinis.

Offline   Montaro

Montaro

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks

I use Brian May's red special replica as well as a 1990's roland bc-60 and a treble booster. 

Offline   Xellot

Xellot

Hardcore Guitarist

• Donator
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationLubbock, TX

6tag_100515-131631.jpg

Offline   Draggon

Draggon

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationOklahoma

Gibson Les Paul Custom

Offline   Goranpaa

Goranpaa

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • 0 thanks

My Squire Standard strat SE, cherry sunburst. I own a Squire Standard Telecaster too btw.

But the guitar I really would  love to have are a Schecter Dream Macine strat. But unfortunatly it is way out of my financial league for now at least. Cost about 4000 USD.

schecter-dream-machine.jpg