Welcome to CustomsForge
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Learn & Play Rocksmith!

Want to play the songs you love? Registration and the use of this website is 100% free.
The only thing you need is a legal copy of Rocksmith 2014 w/ a cable. Click here to buy it.

Having trouble logging in or registering? Please click "Support" below.

Photo

RSInjector Not Loading (Just Crashes)

RSInjector

• Please log in to reply
204 replies to this topic

Offline   treyfoges3

treyfoges3

Beginner Guitarist

• Donator
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Rocksmith:Steam

same issue for me tried 3 diff rs injectors and just doesn't open at all...pls save us?

#hateRocksmithUpdates

Offline   isaacfi

isaacfi

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks

I didn't understand your workaround, can you share a tutorial with images/video, or the rocksmith version that works with rsinjector?

As I've posted on November 3rd, you can have a working version of rocksmith looking on time machine november 2nd. Simply restore this version, and all will be ok

BTW, even if I've sent it on private message and any other has posted it, this is a link to this last working version:

https://www.dropbox....tf12TQUP2a?dl=0

Tnx Pilo, I did work rsinjector again copying the app in steam rocksmith folder, changing permissions with chmod 755 and keeping opened steam to avoid update, I executed rsinjector successfully

Offline   CashewGuy

CashewGuy

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 31 posts
  • 1 thanks

My read of this is that there isn't a real solution at the moment aside from loading from Time Machine (which I don't have due to a separate problem) - there hasn't been any other progress, right?

Offline   jack_straw

jack_straw

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 17 posts
  • 0 thanks

My read of this is that there isn't a real solution at the moment aside from loading from Time Machine (which I don't have due to a separate problem) - there hasn't been any other progress, right?

No, apparently the developer for the Mac version of the Injector has been unresponsive. Sucks, but I'm in the same boat as you for now, no time machine for me either. Like someone else said in this thread, I wish I knew a bit more about coding and could help solve the issue but alas. Shits way too complex for me to begin to understand with front end coding knowledge. 

Offline   Angra1982

Angra1982

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • 4 thanks
  • LocationArgentina
Hi guys, I found a solution!!!

the Steam update modified the rocksmith app to run only by running steam (open steam://run/221680). If you try to launch directly from Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/Rocksmith2014.app will get a crash report. Only works from Steam or from your Applications (open steam://run/221680).

RSInjector works launching Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/Rocksmith2014.app with an environment variable DYLD_INSERT_LIBRARIES to insert RSBypass.dylib. Beacuse the app can´t be launched from Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/Rocksmith2014.app directly, then RSInjector will fail. 

I patched my Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/Rocksmith2014.app to insert the RSBypass.dylib directly to the Rocksmith2014.app. So, now I just run steam and play rocksmith from steam without RSInjector and works with DLCs.

I download RSInjector code, compiled  RSBypass.dylib with xcode using i386 architecture, this is important because Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/Rocksmith2014.app is i386 architecture. 
I download insert_dylib app from https://github.com/Tyilo/insert_dylib, compiled with xcode. Run insert_dylib RSBypass.dylib Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/Rocksmith2014.app/Content/MacOS/Rocksmith2014 Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/Rocksmith2014.app/Content/MacOS/Rocksmith2014new. then rename the Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/Rocksmith2014.app/Content/MacOS/Rocksmith2014new to Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/Rocksmith2014.app/Content/MacOS/Rocksmith2014
then I run Rocksmith from steam without RSInjector and works with DLC because the executable is already patched. 

Beacuse I know that you may not have xcode I uploaded my patched version, So follow the steps:

1) open finder and go to your Steam folder, Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/
2) rename Rocksmith2014.app to Rocksmith2014.app.old
3) download my patched version from https://drive.google...UjkxOGlUdGIyUWM
4) unzip and copy my Rocksmith2014.app to Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/
you should have two Rocksmith2014 (my Rocksmith2014.app and Rocksmith2014.app.old)
5) double click over Rocksmith2014.app it will alert that it was download from internet bla bla bla, just click open. Then it will crash (because was not lauched by steam), just ignore. 
6) Open Steam, clink on "play Rocksmith2014"
7) enjoy your DLCs :)

You my also remove the quarantine atribute from Rocksmith2014.app. It should removed with the alert message that said that it was download from internet, but if not you can remove the attribute with:
xattr -d com.apple.quarantine Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/Rocksmith2014.app

Note I always use Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/, You shoud look your Steam app folder where steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014 is in there. 

If Steam update Rocksmith again we will need to do the insert_dylib again. 

Thanked by 2 Members:

Offline   gor3czny

gor3czny

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks

the Steam update modified the rocksmith app to run only by running steam (open steam://run/221680). If you try to launch directly from Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/Rocksmith2014.app will get a crash report. Only works from Steam or from your Applications (open steam://run/221680).

RSInjector works launching Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/Rocksmith2014.app with an environment variable DYLD_INSERT_LIBRARIES to insert RSBypass.dylib. Beacuse the app can´t be launched from Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/Rocksmith2014.app directly, then RSInjector will fail. 

I patched my Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/Rocksmith2014.app to insert the RSBypass.dylib directly to the Rocksmith2014.app. So, now I just run steam and play rocksmith from steam without RSInjector and works with DLCs.

I download RSInjector code, compiled  RSBypass.dylib with xcode using i386 architecture, this is important because Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/Rocksmith2014.app is i386 architecture. 
I download insert_dylib app from https://github.com/Tyilo/insert_dylib, compiled with xcode. Run insert_dylib RSBypass.dylib Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/Rocksmith2014.app/Content/MacOS/Rocksmith2014 Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/Rocksmith2014.app/Content/MacOS/Rocksmith2014new. then rename the Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/Rocksmith2014.app/Content/MacOS/Rocksmith2014new to Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/Rocksmith2014.app/Content/MacOS/Rocksmith2014
then I run Rocksmith from steam without RSInjector and works with DLC because the executable is already patched. 

Beacuse I know that you may not have xcode I uploaded my patched version, So follow the steps:

1) open finder and go to your Steam folder, Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/
you should have two Rocksmith2014 (my Rocksmith2014.app and Rocksmith2014.app.old)
5) double click over Rocksmith2014.app it will alert that it was download from internet bla bla bla, just click open. Then it will crash (because was not lauched by steam), just ignore. 

You my also remove the quarantine atribute from Rocksmith2014.app. It should removed with the alert message that said that it was download from internet, but if not you can remove the attribute with:
xattr -d com.apple.quarantine Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/Rocksmith2014.app

Note I always use Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/, You shoud look your Steam app folder where steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014 is in there. 

Okay, so I did what you said (Changed the name of the original Rocksmith.app inside my steam folder to Rocksmith.app.old, downloaded your Rocksmith.app and placed it inside the same folder, tried to open your Rocksmith.app in the same folder, it crashed like you said so I ignored it, opened up the Steam app and click "Play" Rocksmith). When I click "Play" I get this message

pJLCVdJQ.png

When I Ignore the dialogue and click Play again, I get this

fPfvHhOv.png

This is what my folder Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/ looks like

KMKlY9Ya.png

Am I doing something wrong here?

Offline   luiggi0707

luiggi0707

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • 0 thanks

Exactly the same here, pasted the provided app but not working.

Thanks I think we are on the way to solve this mac issue.

Offline   isaacfi

isaacfi

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks

Okay, so I did what you said (Changed the name of the original Rocksmith.app inside my steam folder to Rocksmith.app.old, downloaded your Rocksmith.app and placed it inside the same folder, tried to open your Rocksmith.app in the same folder, it crashed like you said so I ignored it, opened up the Steam app and click "Play" Rocksmith). When I click "Play" I get this message

pJLCVdJQ.png

When I Ignore the dialogue and click Play again, I get this

fPfvHhOv.png

This is what my folder Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/ looks like

KMKlY9Ya.png

Am I doing something wrong here?

You need just to change permissions to the copied Rocksmith2014.app from terminal with: chmod -R 755 Rocksmith2014.app

Regards

Offline   jack_straw

jack_straw

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 17 posts
  • 0 thanks

This worked! However I still had to use the most recent Injector to launch the game instead of thru Steam, otherwise customs would just hang as usual. Thank you so much Angra!

Offline   jack_straw

jack_straw

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 17 posts
  • 0 thanks

Rename the Rocksmith file Rocksmith.old instead of Rocksmith.app.old and retry the steps, then launch through the most recent Injector. That worked for me. 

Offline   isaacfi

isaacfi

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks

The permissions are also important as I mentioned:

chmod 755 Rocksmith2014.app

Offline   gor3czny

gor3czny

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks

For some reason, with the Rocksmith.app.old changed to Rocksmith.old, opening with latest injector, and I believe I've changed the permissions, but I still get the same error "Rocksmith2014 cannot be opened because of a problem."

Here is a list of my files in the Rocksmith2014 folder with their respective permissions

bFEHsT3b.png

Offline   satan74

satan74

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 15 posts
  • 1 thanks

don't Work

:( :( :( :( :(

Offline   Pilo

Pilo

Medium Guitarist

• PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • 4 thanks

I've find a temporary solution , so please any mac user with troubles, read this post: 

http://customsforge....injector-crash/

If they don't have time machine running, you can find the app here: 

So we can continue playing since a definitive solution is found

Please notice this is the remastered rocksmith app so you will need tha last RS Injector

Offline   matyicsapo

matyicsapo

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks

Angra1982's solution does work for me to an extent.

Rocksmith can be launched, but I can't use my customs (I never could on Mac, mind you, I'm just starting out in this regard (tho it seems unlikely it would work as we were supposed to change the mechanism of the RsBypass to work with the updated app if I'm right..))

When launching from steam if the error dialog comes up, click "Report..." and if you can find the following "Termination Reason:    DYLD, [0x1] Library missing" you can fix that by simply copying the RsBypass.dylib next to the Rocksmith.app (/Users/<username>/Library/Application\ Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014) (Go -> Go to Folder...).

I've uploaded my build of RsBypass.dylib here (30 days only): https://ufile.io/8c519

If someone could check if the customs and DLCs work with this pls reply, thanks!

Offline   missis sumner

missis sumner

Not exactly an early adopter...

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts
  • 41 thanks
  • LocationUK

This is not working for me.  I believe it's because I'm on OSX 10.7.5. :(

All about the bass, no treble...

https://docs.google....WP8/edit#gid=37

Offline   missis sumner

missis sumner

Not exactly an early adopter...

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts
  • 41 thanks
  • LocationUK

I've find a temporary solution , so please any mac user with troubles, read this post: 

http://customsforge....injector-crash/

If they don't have time machine running, you can find the app here: 

So we can continue playing since a definitive solution is found

Please notice this is the remastered rocksmith app so you will need tha last RS Injector

I'm not running Time Machine. :(

I've downloaded the files on your link, but there's no app there?  Sorry for being stupid, but I'm just getting files and directories within a Rocksmith2014 folder…  There's no file with a .app extension?

All about the bass, no treble...

https://docs.google....WP8/edit#gid=37

Offline   gor3czny

gor3czny

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks

Angra1982's solution does work for me to an extent.

Rocksmith can be launched, but I can't use my customs (I never could on Mac, mind you, I'm just starting out in this regard (tho it seems unlikely it would work as we were supposed to change the mechanism of the RsBypass to work with the updated app if I'm right..))

When launching from steam if the error dialog comes up, click "Report..." and if you can find the following "Termination Reason:    DYLD, [0x1] Library missing" you can fix that by simply copying the RsBypass.dylib next to the Rocksmith.app (/Users/<username>/Library/Application\ Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014) (Go -> Go to Folder...).

I've uploaded my build of RsBypass.dylib here (30 days only): https://ufile.io/8c519

If someone could check if the customs and DLCs work with this pls reply, thanks!

It worked! I put the RSBypass.dylib inside the same folder as my Rocksmith2014.app. I opened steam, I clicked on the "Play" button for Rocksmith 2014!

Thanks again :DDDD

Offline   Mimamau

Mimamau

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • 1 thanks
  • LocationGermany

@Angra1982 Thank you!

Offline   firekorn

firekorn

Done Nothing for the Community

• Administrator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,351 posts
  • 476 thanks
  • LocationVillers-Cotterêts, France

Here's a patching system that does what @Angra1982 do in a more "practical" way for different cases :

https://drive.google...WnJWZzdtUkp6SU0

1) Extract anywhere

2) Run the "RUN_PATCH_RS.command"

3) Launch Rocksmith 2014 Remastered via steam (do not use the RSinjector anymore)

4) ???

5) Profit!

Note 1 : You won't have to repatch the app unless there's a new update

Note 2 : RS should be in the standard installation path and Steam too.

Some user might encounter permission issue, here are two way to edit it :

Anyone that have issue with this please indicate :

• MAC OS version
  • Steam path
  • How RS react to CDLC

Side note, if it works for you please indicate your MAC OS version so that we can know which version are correctly supported.

Confirmed so far :

@Wepeel Tutorial for those who had trouble with those instructions : http://customsforge....m-songs-on-mac/

Credits :

Thanks for 0x0L over the github too for tolerating me and creating msot of that script!

https://github.com/r...RSInjector-Mac/

@Lovroman for the same thing :D

@Angra1982 that insert_dylib is quite a discovery! Nice work!

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity