Welcome to CustomsForge
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Learn & Play Rocksmith!

Want to play the songs you love? Registration and the use of this website is 100% free.
The only thing you need is a legal copy of Rocksmith 2014 w/ a cable. Click here to buy it.

Having trouble logging in or registering? Please click "Support" below.

Photo

RSInjector Not Loading (Just Crashes)

RSInjector

• Please log in to reply
204 replies to this topic

Offline   firekorn

firekorn

Done Nothing for the Community

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,824 posts
  • 401 thanks
  • LocationVillers-Cotterêts, France
  • Rocksmith:Steam

I'm gonna back track a little as i might have gone a bit too fast on some element.

Looking at this code from the actual (not working) RSInjector, it is indeed looking for the signature (the set of instruction) to locate the code so it's not an address that need to be changed but the signature that needs to be updated (meaning that the set of instruction must have changed).

Anyone that have the old exe would be very nice to share it so that we can work on finding the new set of instruction.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

Offline   vasily

vasily

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • 0 thanks
Hey, I just check the code and I think that the new value for segLen is 0x013d0000 but I don´t now if you need something else.
You can verify it by calling in a terminal "otool -lv Rocksmith2014" in the path of your steam rocksmith2014.

Offline   firekorn

firekorn

• 2,824 posts
  • 401 thanks

@vasily the segLen sadly won't change anything as it's the signature of the set of instruction that we are looking (it was my mistake as i didn't really understood the whole code for the RSinjector). Anyone with the old (equivalent) of the executable would be very kind to share it :D

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

Offline   fuchead

fuchead

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 16 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationNewfoundland

yea I tried everything I could think of.

Offline   vasily

vasily

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • 0 thanks

@firekorn I get it, unfortunately I don't have the old binary.

Offline   Mimamau

Mimamau

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • 1 thanks
  • LocationGermany

@firekorn Here's the old executable:

https://mega.nz/#!IU...1_6DvNW1Hci8LUw

@vasily: I can confirm that.

Offline   vasily

vasily

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • 0 thanks

@Mimamau nice job
@firekorn I am no able to find the new signature. I am trying to find it using otool but I dont recognize any of the bytes that appears in the source code of the RSInjector.

edit. I saw that @Mimamau found it in the old executable.

Offline   Mimamau

Mimamau

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • 1 thanks
  • LocationGermany

@vasily With Hopper I can find it at address 001cbed5.

Offline   Lovroman

Lovroman

Expert Guitarist

• CustomsForge Song Manager Dev

• PipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • 21 thanks
  • LocationCroatia

Steam Profile

• Lovro - Offline
    Since: May 07 2016 05:48 PM
    5.2 hrs last 2 weeks.
    Add Friend

It looks like they packed the new executable, so debugging the Mac version without dumping is a no-go for us Windows peeps.   :(

So, good job @Mimamau!

Offline   jack_straw

jack_straw

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 15 posts
  • 0 thanks

Maybe a shot in the dark but if someone could walk me through what code needs to be altered (it looks like we know now?), I'm on Mac and have both the old and current Injectors, Xcode, and some basic coding knowledge, but don't know where and what I should be looking for. 

Offline   firekorn

firekorn

• 2,824 posts
  • 401 thanks

@jack_straw It's the Hint constant line 18 : https://github.com/r...d94058a87d95f5c that should be altered but we don't know to what it should be changed yet.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

Offline   papillon

papillon

Master Guitarist

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • 29 thanks

@vasily With Hopper I can find it at address 001cbed5.

I can confirm this - found the pattern at the same address. We "only" have to find the code in the new app to get the byte pattern ...

Offline   jack_straw

jack_straw

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 15 posts
  • 0 thanks

@firekorn OK gotcha. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help on Mac. 

Offline   Alex360

Alex360

Guitar God

• Rocksmith Custom Developer

• 2,050 posts
  • 303 thanks

you'd better find it in new exec at same place, in first topic about that was exact instructions stack(don't have the link, asking mod to help find it :$), current offset search range cover that old location plus huge block above

so idk how but exception thrown at 888 mb block of ram
plus code "EXC_BAD_ACCESS type of code which relates to accessing deallocated memory"

also log says it has stopped at offset 0x0000c86e, can you check that address to find anything useful and also try to find desired bytes in new exe... you may need longer bytecode to make it more unique if it's traps too early or else, maybe it take a bit longer to allocate memory so it simply can't find this address? I've got similar issues ,maybe wait a bit (5000 ms would be good)

I have no mac to help, sorry, bug one of the rsinjector OP :)

Offline   isaacfi

isaacfi

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks

I've been playing yesterday with the remastered version, with the last RS Injector, no problems, but steam took a lot today to update (and did'nt let me open it without uptade) Today, same issue as other mates, RSInjector crashes, and if i try to open a DCLC with unmodified Rocksmith, it allow me open, but just not play. Something has changed in steam, sure

I didn't understand your workaround, can you share a tutorial with images/video, or the rocksmith version that works with rsinjector?

Offline   Pilo

Pilo

Medium Guitarist

• PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • 4 thanks

I didn't understand your workaround, can you share a tutorial with images/video, or the rocksmith version that works with rsinjector?

As I've posted on November 3rd, you can have a working version of rocksmith looking on time machine november 2nd. Simply restore this version, and all will be ok 

BTW, even if I've sent it on private message and any other has posted it, this is a link to this last working version: 

https://www.dropbox....tf12TQUP2a?dl=0

Offline   marcograndia

marcograndia

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Rocksmith:PS3

Hello Pilo,

Do i just throw this contents folder in my old rocksmith contents folder? or is the world not so simple?

cheers,

Marco

Offline   Maotze

Maotze

Beginner Guitarist

• Donator
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks

Donator

HI to everyone!

For me everything failed. i only have an old rocksmithapp version (Okt.2.) the version in the post seems not to work on my mac. 

i also have troubles in the past since the Remastered update released. I help my self with Cherub deinstall, start the rsinjectorapp and install the Cherub rock file again. This seems to work more bad than good. But sometimes i was lucky. But now the RSINJECTOR APP doesn´t work anymore. I´ve tried all tricks from this post........ nothing works. Ithink the Update ruin again the chance to play custom cdlc´s. 

So far i hope somebody can fix this, and i will be sooooooo thankfull for the guys who do ther best for keeping this running. 

I hope there are more players with this problem, because i don´t want to stay allone with the solutionsolfinding.........

Once again thx to alll who can eventually help......

Offline   firekorn

firekorn

• 2,824 posts
  • 401 thanks

@Maotze There is a lot of MAC user and trust me when i say we are searching for the solution but it's a bit harder than expected especially when the dev that work on it after the Remastered update are unresponsive (so far).

We are doing our best and we're sorry it takes that much time. That doesn't mean you can't enjoy Rocksmith with the on disc song and some DLC, you can probably find a few songs to play too ;)

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

Offline   fuchead

fuchead

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 16 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationNewfoundland

non cracked rocksmith blows chunks. I wish I knew more about macs so I could fix this.