Welcome to CustomsForge
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Learn & Play Rocksmith!

Want to play the songs you love? Registration and the use of this website is 100% free.
The only thing you need is a legal copy of Rocksmith 2014 w/ a cable. Click here to buy it.

Having trouble logging in or registering? Please click "Support" below.

Donate

Next month donation goal is now up! http://customsforge.com/donate/goal-93-july-donation-goal/

Photo

RSInjector Not Loading (Just Crashes)

RSInjector

• Please log in to reply
204 replies to this topic

Offline   papillon

papillon

Master Guitarist

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  • 30 thanks
  • Rocksmith:Steam

Wiki or any instructions in a thread will sink down the list of topics and nobody will find them :)

Offline   firekorn

firekorn

Done Nothing for the Community

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,024 posts
  • 427 thanks
  • LocationVillers-Cotterêts, France

@dr150 this is what the tutorial about MAC CDLC is about : http://customsforge....m-songs-on-mac/

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

Offline   wl_hunter

wl_hunter

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks

Hey, I'm completely new here but this worked fine for me. On Sierra 10.12.3.

It took me a while to get a song to show up in my list but apparently it didn't have anything to do with this script, which seems pretty straight forward to me. It was because I didn't have Cherub Rock installed.

I don't know if this is necessary but I also changed the permissions on the song that I downloaded.

cd /path/to/dlc
chmod 755 my_song_m.psarc

I also don't know if this is necessary but I also removed a bunch of extra file attributes that OS X attached to the song I downloaded. That process is described here:
http://superuser.com...n-os-x-terminal

It basically goes like this: 

cd /path/to/dlc
xattr -l my_song_m.psarc 

And then for each attribute listed:

xattr -d com.apple.<attribute_name> my_song_m.psarc

^replace <attribute_name> with the actual attribute names listed. example:

xattr -d com.apple.quarantine my_song_m.psarc

Again, I don't know if the file permissions and attribute stuff is necessary but I'm kinda OCD. I suspect the file permissions on the song are necessary though.

Thanks!

Offline   papillon

papillon

Master Guitarist

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  • 30 thanks

Changing the file permission should not be necessary and the attributes are added by your browser, but should be no harm that the customs don't work or not showing up in the songlist.

http://apple.stackex...-as-quarantined

Which problem should the change of the permission or deleting attributes solve? Or was it because you were not aware that you need a dlc and it's ID to play a custom? If you've bought the Cherub dlc you don't have to change anything with the files - only converting them to mac if there's no mac version and adding it to the dlc. If it does not show up there might be another reason, for example duplicates or broken custom(s) - another possible reason: there was an update of RS and you've to re-apply the patch (and hopefully it works again) or we are doomed :).

Offline   wl_hunter

wl_hunter

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks

Hi!

Sorry, I guess I was unclear. I got it working correctly after adding Cherub Rock to my library. That was the problem.

And apparently you're right, I just loaded a song without altering it at all and it worked fine. That's surprising to me since the official Rocksmith song file permissions are:

-rwxr-xr-x

And these custom songs are:

-rw-r--r--@

Oh well, I guess it's just reading the files into memory and doesn't need execute permissions. I wonder why the official ones are created with execute permissions?  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks for the response.