Welcome to CustomsForge
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Learn & Play Rocksmith!

Want to play the songs you love? Registration and the use of this website is 100% free.
The only thing you need is a legal copy of Rocksmith 2014 w/ a cable. Click here to buy it.

Having trouble logging in or registering? Please click "Support" below.

Photo

Rocksmith remastered discussion (part 2)

• Please log in to reply
338 replies to this topic

Offline   mudhorn

mudhorn

Beginner Guitarist

• Donator
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • 1 thanks
  • LocationVentura, California
  • Rocksmith:Steam

Donator

the patch for Remastered seemed to work well, but I've been getting a weird 'error' with a lot of CDLC where the games gives me a 100% mastery no matter how many errors, etc.

Online   firekorn

firekorn

Done Nothing for the Community

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,824 posts
  • 401 thanks
  • LocationVillers-Cotterêts, France

@mudhorn read the first post please :)

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

Offline   RealityPixels

RealityPixels

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 21 posts
  • 1 thanks

I did a quick check on one of the faulty cdlcs and it has sections but doesn't have DD if it helps somehow to diagnose the problem

Bassists finger better...

Offline   Angrymonke

Angrymonke

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks

For all that have issue with your CDLC not playing/showing, make sure to read the fact and the link very thoroughly! The dll is final and working for every single user that followed the step properly, if it doesn't for you, it's because you did something wrong.

@RufusDelta : They never wanted to break CDLC, it's just a side effect of software programming and how the new executable changed compare to the old one (things that the dev don't really have control over). The fix in the dll was just to find the new address for the little part of the code that need to be modified. They didn't tried to fix their code to block CDLC at all.

I understand where you're coming from. In fact, when I first came to Customs Forge I couldn't get anything to work because I did it wrong. But how do I mess up downloading the fix and putting it into the folder? More to the point, some of my CDLC songs work, most don't. Some make it to the tuning screen. Some don't. If I didn't install the fix properly then nothing would work at all, not just bits and pieces.

Offline   Angrymonke

Angrymonke

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks

Guys! I finally FUCKING fixed it! I only had to Restore Default Options on RS2014 Settings.

Change all settings and options back to their original states.

I believe I had a problem because as soon as I received the major update I started to play with the new settings and maybe I fucked something there.

Anyway I want to thank everybody here who helped me! (@albatross213, @ LaceyB , @evlncrn8, @Chlipouni, @evedder2k, @Wepeel, @tc_ski#1, @firekorn)

Careful with the settings everybody, if you are experiencing and issue like mine, well try this

P.S. @Wepeel yes I reinstall Cherub Rock from Steam servers not from my back up but now everything is working as expected :)

Edit: Words, English is not my native language, sorry for any mistakes I made with my grammar.,

DUDE!!! You are the fucking MAN!!

Restore to default settings and it works!

Thank you @MAGGERS

Offline   RufusDelta

RufusDelta

Master Guitarist

• Magna Charter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • 24 thanks

Please discuss Rocksmith Remastered here.

Q: Is Ubisoft trying to ruin CDLC?
A: No. When they updated the game, the executable file changed which is why the dll needs to be updated, it's a side effect of software programming not a voluntary maneuver to break up things. Other issue arise by the discrepancies between how CDLC and ODLC are made, they aren't 100% similar inside and some of those differences can be put to light when the game changes how it react to some information.
This is not ubisoft's fault as they never provided CDLC or mod support in the first place and when the main code changes, is it our duty to fix our mods to make the CDLC work again.

I disagree on a few points here. It might have been accidental that the 100% glitch on CDLC occurred, but based on this only it is not possible to say that they are not trying to ruin CDLC. Since they don`t give support to CDLC and modding it`s actually indicating the intention to break it. Why does Songs2See provides a software to help you chart the tab to a music so you can use in the game but Ubisoft doesn`t? Why are they so afraid of EMI and Warner`s lawyers? Why don`t they stick with the teaching instead of gaming and just disclaim it all for educative purposes?

Online   Billkwando

Billkwando

Hall of Fame Guitarist

• Magna Charter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts
  • 125 thanks
  • LocationUSA

Talking shit doesn't help anyone, and could make matters worse. If they had set out with the intention to break CDLC, it would've taken a lot longer than a few hours to get it working again. Let's not poke the bear, since it's been so kind as to not try eating us.

Words of wisdom for CDLC charters:

"When in doubt, steal a tone from Kansas' Carry On Wayward Son"

- Billkwando

Offline   raynebc

raynebc

Guitar God

• Rocksmith Custom Developer

• 2,320 posts
  • 678 thanks
Neither promoting nor preventing the use of CDLC shows Ubisoft keeps a neutral stance on the matter. I don't think Songs2See is a very good comparison, it's more like an indie music training application than a commercial video game with paid DLC.

Offline   cming80

cming80

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • 0 thanks

jUST IMPLEMENTED CDLC  FIX AND IT WORKED GREAT thanks YOU GUYS KICK aZZ!!

Offline   RufusDelta

RufusDelta

Master Guitarist

• Magna Charter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • 24 thanks

Talking shit doesn't help anyone, and could make matters worse. If they had set out with the intention to break CDLC, it would've taken a lot longer than a few hours to get it working again. Let's not poke the bear, since it's been so kind as to not try eating us.

Don`t shush me dude, I`m not talking shit, I`m trying to talk about the `Remaster` of Rocksmith 2014.

This bear did not feed me, I fed it with about 150 dollars worth of cash and this community has tamed it and very easily like you said and now the bear gets a long term banquet thanks to every charter here.

I`m out.

Offline   HippieG

HippieG

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks

ok, new dll in place, still got cherub rock, changed the settings to default, but still 0 of my 1600 cdlc dont show up on the game at all. what am I doing wrong?

Offline   iminashi

iminashi

Master Guitarist

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts
  • 21 thanks
  • LocationFinland

As for the play counter not increasing, it now depends on whether the custom has DD or not.

It seems that they changed the condition for it to increase from "having a certain number of phrases" (or whatever it was before) into "having at least one phrase with MaxDifficulty > 0".

Offline   papillon

papillon

Master Guitarist

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts
  • 29 thanks

OT

Why is Rocksmith remastered discussion just one thread?

Wouldn't it be a better approach to have a sub-forum in the board "Rocksmith 2014 remastered" with categories where people report their problems with the setup, a general discussion and one where people report bugs or issues they've found?

There will be more threads and questions may repeat, but then you add a reply to the FAQ post and some people will be smart enough to read it before asking.

I would not have seen he FAQ because it's hidden in a thread with a different topic and if I have a question I would not scroll through 30 pages to see if somebody else had the same question.

Online   firekorn

firekorn

Done Nothing for the Community

• 2,824 posts
  • 401 thanks
  • LocationVillers-Cotterêts, France

@papillon i try to keep the first thread with all the question i see and answer that we can safely provide, if it's not in the first post, then feel free to ask about it and we'll try to answer in the best possible way.

@iminashi it indeed seems to be related to difficulty instead of simply sections, i'll add it to the first post right now :)

@HippieG if none shows up, it's likely that you don't own Cherub Rock or that you changed the ID of the CDLC (i think it's the first one but i might be wrong). The CDLC should always shows up if you own Cherub Rock with or without the dll.

@RufusDelta Your accusation serves no purpose and from all the information we have between CF and TRR, we can safely say it wasn't intentional to do anything to CDLC.

All they did is improved their own game with what they know was possible considering their own DLC standard of quality.

Sadly CDLC don't have this standard and many issue arise because of this like the camera issue that is linked to the lack of section or the play count not counting properly due to the lack of DD. And the 100% bug is 100% the fault of how chord were counted during the creation of the CDLC inside the toolkit that was different to how it is done inside DLC. Those issue weren't meant to arise by Ubisoft SF. You wanna blame them, fine but please find actual fact that would back up your claim first before going all out with accusation.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

Offline   bpcairns

bpcairns

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • 0 thanks

Is seems to me that the issue with the 100% mastery bug has shown a deficiency in understanding on the part of the community over the correct structure of DLC. This is an opportunity to improve the creation tools and make future CDLC better than in the past.

Most existing CDLC still works in that it can be played. Most of them actualy work pretty well, only a few are broken and the 100% bug isn't a show stopper for most people. And there is a pretty decent fix for that now if you can be bothered.

I would have lost interest in RS long ago if not for this community. I think you all rock and I'd like to thank all the programmers and charters who make this possible. You are as gods who stalk the earth.

Full disclosure. I play exclusively BASS and haven't experienced the 100% bug personally. The only issue I have is the inability to riff repeat songs without sections and that is down to a change in the new riff repeater affecting less well made CDLC. I'd still rather have the imperfect CDLC than it not be there. At least if it exists it might get fixed or I might even take the time to learn to do it myself if I care enough about a particular song.

Anyone can do this with a bit of effort so I don't understand the moaning and complaining. The only real issue left from the REMASTERED update is that it has shown up the deficiencies of some CDLC. The tools have been updated to allow most of these problems to be fixed almost automatically and the remaining issues can be fixed by re-authoring the CDLC.

We should celebrate these guys and the RS creators for allowing the CDLC community to exist. I'm sure they could make life very awkward for us if they really wanted to so kudos to them for tolerating us.

Offline   HippieG

HippieG

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks

Its fixed, I had cherub rock, but deleted it last night and re installed it. now everything is great again. Thanks for the fantastic work guys. Rock On

Offline   bustakun

bustakun

Expert Guitarist

• PipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • 13 thanks

Every day I have to wait for steam to install the upgrade then I have to delete the steam folder and replace it with an old saved steam folder in order to play the old version of Rocksmith 2014.
I like some of the changes but there is one change I hate. I play on my pc and with the old version I can click my mouse whenever and wherever I want. Now I have to move my mouse to click the button at the bottom of the screen then scroll back up to restart the riff.
That got old real quick, so I went back to the old version. Seems that steam don't have it set up where I can turn off auto updates.
Talk about RETARDED being that we are almost in the year 2017.
Anybody else has any better Ideas on how to keep steam from updating?

Let it update, start steam go offline mode then rename your Rocksmith2014 (remastered) to Rocksmith2014-remastered and your original rs folder to Rocksmith2014 start uplay in offline mode as well.

By swapping folder names you shouldnt have to keep allowing steam to update rs as itll think it is, just make sure youre in offline mode in uplay steam can be online.

Offline   TomSawyer2112

TomSawyer2112

Freebird

• Magna Charter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts
  • 117 thanks
  • Locationis a tiny spot in old Europe

Donator

@RufusDelta 

Ubisoft is a profit making Cie, and as such they have to pay the artist's labels to release an oDLC.

Customsforge is a non-profit site for educational purposes, and there can be no official relation with Ubisoft.

By supporting Customsforge in any way, they would be considered bypassing copyright.

Ubisoft never mentions the existence of cDLCs or Customsforge.

(but I'm happy they inserted my idea of video player buttons in RR)

They will never care if cDLC will work with an update or not. 

Even if they perfectly know RS2014 selling numbers are boosted by cDLC, legally they can never admit it.

To release cDLC you should also know that copyright still exists.

The charter and the player must legally own the song they chart, download, and play as a cDLC

Offline   dum125

dum125

Master Guitarist

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts
  • 7 thanks

work great for me  lead and bass but rythm if i have 70 % give me 100 %

Offline   LesPauly

LesPauly

Beginner Guitarist

• Donator
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks

Hi folks,

thank you for the first fix and now for the 100%-fix. You are great. I'll send some bucks.