Welcome to CustomsForge
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Learn & Play Rocksmith!

Want to play the songs you love? Registration and the use of this website is 100% free.
The only thing you need is a legal copy of Rocksmith 2014 w/ a cable. Click here to buy it.

Having trouble logging in or registering? Please click "Support" below.

Photo

Rocksmith remastered discussion (part 2)

• Please log in to reply
338 replies to this topic

Offline   Bost42

Bost42

Beginner Guitarist

• Donator
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • 1 thanks
  • Rocksmith:Steam

Okay, so I play on Mac, my main problem is that when I scroll through Learn a Song some of my CDLC's start to gray out and lose their image (Image replaced by the rocksmith logo). Also, if I close the game and reopen it, they grayed out CDLCs seem to be random If I click on one of these grayed out CDLCS they just disappear. Some of my other CDLCs still have their image, when I click on one of the normal looking ones, it just shows amps and doesn't bring up the highway. 

BUT. Two days ago, I downloaded a version of RSinjector from here http://customsforge....on-mac/?p=81067 and everything worked perfectly again! I was so stoked to be playing everything again. 

BUT that leads to now. I come on CustomsForge, look at the new banner. I think to myself, "Oh, sweet a fix for the 100% bug." Oh boy I was wrong. I deleted the working RSinjector and downloaded the one from http://customsforge....c-fix/?p=231225 and I kicked myself back to the same grayed out problem. Now I'm not entirely sure why this is happening, but it sucks. The thing that confuses me, is how in the hell did I get it to work perfectly for those two days. If you guys have any suggestions please let me know. Thanks!

Offline   firekorn

firekorn

Done Nothing for the Community

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,824 posts
  • 401 thanks
  • LocationVillers-Cotterêts, France

@Bost42 So go back to the ones that worked for you cause the 100% bug fixed is not linked to the RSinjector anyway but it's linked to the CDLC themself :

Q: I'm getting 100% on all the CDLC songs I play
A: The current fix is to update the Rocksmith Toolkit (RSTK) to the latest beta version and the author will need to resave it. A mass fix tool is being worked on at the moment.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

Offline   Bost42

Bost42

Beginner Guitarist

• Donator
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • 1 thanks

@Bost42 So go back to the ones that worked for you cause the 100% bug fixed is not linked to the RSinjector anyway but it's linked to the CDLC themself :

Q: I'm getting 100% on all the CDLC songs I play
A: The current fix is to update the Rocksmith Toolkit (RSTK) to the latest beta version and the author will need to resave it. A mass fix tool is being worked on at the moment.

I'll go back to the dlc I know is 100% solid, but like I said. For those two short days, they were all working perfectly fine. 

Offline   Wepeel

Wepeel

International Mac Help Desk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts
  • 131 thanks

Okay, so I play on Mac, my main problem is that when I scroll through Learn a Song some of my CDLC's start to gray out and lose their image (Image replaced by the rocksmith logo). Also, if I close the game and reopen it, they grayed out CDLCs seem to be random If I click on one of these grayed out CDLCS they just disappear. Some of my other CDLCs still have their image, when I click on one of the normal looking ones, it just shows amps and doesn't bring up the highway. 

BUT. Two days ago, I downloaded a version of RSinjector from here http://customsforge....on-mac/?p=81067 and everything worked perfectly again! I was so stoked to be playing everything again. 

BUT that leads to now. I come on CustomsForge, look at the new banner. I think to myself, "Oh, sweet a fix for the 100% bug." Oh boy I was wrong. I deleted the working RSinjector and downloaded the one from http://customsforge....c-fix/?p=231225 and I kicked myself back to the same grayed out problem. Now I'm not entirely sure why this is happening, but it sucks. The thing that confuses me, is how in the hell did I get it to work perfectly for those two days. If you guys have any suggestions please let me know. Thanks!

Both of those versions of RSInjector should be the same (I haven't verified that though).  The one posted in my instructions was taken from @aequitas and I just posted the link so it was easier to find there.

You might have a problem with conflicting customs.  The Remastered update has clearly changed the way songs are read in the game, and it seems that some of the older methods for creating customs are causing problems.  I've had a few crashes myself, with songs that I know worked fine before the RM update.

Offline   Bost42

Bost42

Beginner Guitarist

• Donator
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • 1 thanks

Both of those versions of RSInjector should be the same (I haven't verified that though).  The one posted in my instructions was taken from @aequitas and I just posted the link so it was easier to find there.

You might have a problem with conflicting customs.  The Remastered update has clearly changed the way songs are read in the game, and it seems that some of the older methods for creating customs are causing problems.  I've had a few crashes myself, with songs that I know worked fine before the RM update.

Alrighty, so I took out of bunch of CDLCs I don't play often, and some that might even be causing the conflicting cdlcs (I dont know this for sure, just got rid of the ones that were made badly) and now it seems to be working fine again. Thanks for your help!

Offline   tc_ski#1

tc_ski#1

Beginner Guitarist

• Donator
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • 4 thanks

Donator

Should a field or column be added to Ignition so we can easily filter/see which new CDLC postings/updates are "compliant" (100% bug free, etc.) with RS14 Remastered?

Offline   evlncrn8

evlncrn8

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 41 posts
  • 5 thanks

@MAGGERS - could you try grabbing the latest dll / injector, and use it, if you have an anti virus disable it temporarially or add the rocksmith folder to the exclusion, and pick a cdlc we know works.. like say some of the most popular ones (the genre doesnt matter...) and see what happens?

Offline   MAGGERS

MAGGERS

Master Guitarist

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts
  • 3 thanks
  • LocationMexicali, Mexico

Steam Profile

@MAGGERS - could you try grabbing the latest dll / injector, and use it, if you have an anti virus disable it temporarially or add the rocksmith folder to the exclusion, and pick a cdlc we know works.. like say some of the most popular ones (the genre doesnt matter...) and see what happens?

If you are referring to the new DLL file from here, I replace the old one from that one in this exact path:  D:/Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014 

I will say what I did and PLEASE someone tell me if there is something wrong...and also if this is the correct way to do it please let me know.

• I complete uninstalled Rocksmith 2014 and Steam from my system, then used Ccleaner to remove any registry values that I might have in my PC.
  • Installed everything once again (RS2014,Cherub Rock DLC and the new DLL Fix in this path: D:/Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014 -------------DLL Size
  • Here is the complete path where I leave my CDLC's:
    CDLC Folder:  D:/Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/dlc
  • Then I just initiate the game from Steam that way that I always did before since 2014, here are some examples of CDLC's that I see in my library and I can play them without issues (Keep in mind that I do not see all of my previous songs)

-Please see the pictures.

The one thing that bother me the most is that I can't add new CDLC's, and to be honest guys I am really desperate....before all of this I had 1727 songs and now I only have around 600's.

Edit: Words

Rock & Metal Covers

You want to know the truth son, I'll tell you the truth. Your soul's gonna burn in the fire lake.

fs_pc.png

Offline   Wepeel

Wepeel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts
  • 131 thanks

@MAGGERS, since nobody has asked...

Did you actually purchase the Cherub Rock ODLC?  It needs to be legitimately purchased and licensed to you.  You can't use a pirated version.

And if you have purchased it, are you logged into Steam with the same account you purchased it from?

Offline   MAGGERS

MAGGERS

Master Guitarist

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts
  • 3 thanks

Steam Profile

@MAGGERS, since nobody has asked...

Did you actually purchase the Cherub Rock ODLC?  It needs to be legitimately purchased and licensed to you.  You can't use a pirated version.

And if you have purchased it, are you logged into Steam with the same account you purchased it from?

Yes I purchased it on 01/12/2014 and never had any issues before, I am connected in my only Steam account and the cherub files are on my dlc folder as you can see here.

Rock & Metal Covers

You want to know the truth son, I'll tell you the truth. Your soul's gonna burn in the fire lake.

fs_pc.png

Offline   tc_ski#1

tc_ski#1

Beginner Guitarist

• Donator
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • 4 thanks

Donator

@MAGGERS, instead of launching RS through Steam have you tried launching RS directly through the desktop shortcut to the Rocksmith executable or launch the RS .exe directly?

Offline   MAGGERS

MAGGERS

Master Guitarist

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts
  • 3 thanks

Steam Profile

@MAGGERS, instead of launching RS through Steam have you tried launching RS directly through the desktop shortcut to the Rocksmith executable or launch the RS .exe directly?

I also tried this and is the same result, I can't see most of my previous CDLC's or new ones from the past couple of days.

Rock & Metal Covers

fs_pc.png

Offline   Wepeel

Wepeel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts
  • 131 thanks

@MAGGERS, the reason I asked was because the date modified column shows the date as 2014 (when you originally purchased it  -- I didn't see the pic in your last post before).

Now that you've reinstalled everything, did you reinstall/redownload the Cherub Rock DLC or just copy it from a backup?  (i.e., does it have a 2016 date under "date modified"?)

Offline   firekorn

firekorn

• 2,824 posts
  • 401 thanks

@MAGGERS So you are saying that can actually play most of the CDLC you see in your list? If some does not show up, it would be easier to check if there isn't any conflict going on between some CDLC (i can see in one of the picture that you have 2 version of the same songs which can be heavily problematic in game).

I suggest you check the CFSM app to do some probably needed clean up. Your issue is not related to the dll but most likely to some weird interaction between CDLC.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

Offline   MAGGERS

MAGGERS

Master Guitarist

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts
  • 3 thanks

Steam Profile

Guys! I finally FUCKING fixed it! I only had to Restore Default Options on RS2014 Settings.

Change all settings and options back to their original states.

I believe I had a problem because as soon as I received the major update I started to play with the new settings and maybe I fucked something there.

Anyway I want to thank everybody here who helped me! (@albatross213, @ LaceyB , @evlncrn8, @Chlipouni, @evedder2k, @Wepeel, @tc_ski#1, @firekorn)

Careful with the settings everybody, if you are experiencing and issue like mine, well try this

P.S. @Wepeel yes I reinstall Cherub Rock from Steam servers not from my back up but now everything is working as expected :)

Edit: Words, English is not my native language, sorry for any mistakes I made with my grammar.,

Rock & Metal Covers

fs_pc.png

Thanked by 1 Member:

Offline   entgineer

entgineer

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Guys! I finally FUCKING fixed it! I only had to Restore Default Options on RS2014 Settings.

I just restored default settings and all cdlc I was missing after the patch is now visible.

Thank you so much!!

When there's nothing left to burn you have to set yourself on fire

Offline   RealityPixels

RealityPixels

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 21 posts
  • 1 thanks

Sorry if this has been discussed before but i noticed some CDLCs doesn't update their "played times": they always show as been played 000 times. It's a minor issue.. except when you play a "learn a new song" mission and it doesn't count :D

Bassists finger better...

Online   Billkwando

Billkwando

Hall of Fame Guitarist

• Magna Charter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts
  • 125 thanks
  • LocationUSA

Should a field or column be added to Ignition so we can easily filter/see which new CDLC postings/updates are "compliant" (100% bug free, etc.) with RS14 Remastered?

I don't believe so. I can't even get a field added for 24 frets, so why should you get one for this? JUST KIDDING!

Seriously though, I'm guessing 75% of the charters on this site won't being going back and updating their CDLC, and the other 25% of us don't particularly want to. There's already a plan in place to make it so you can mass fix your CDLCs, so I think that's probably the direction things are going to head in. When I make new CDLC, I'll make sure to put it in the record that it doesn't need to be fixed.

People should get in the habit of looking at the record anyway. I'm pretty sure plenty of charters are getting tired of hit & run downloaders not even leaving a thanks or a like, especially when a song has 100s of downloads.

@MAGGERS, your english is fine. I never would've known from glancing at your posts.

Words of wisdom for CDLC charters:

"When in doubt, steal a tone from Kansas' Carry On Wayward Son"

- Billkwando

Online   Billkwando

Billkwando

Hall of Fame Guitarist

• Magna Charter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts
  • 125 thanks
  • LocationUSA

I just restored default settings and all cdlc I was missing after the patch is now visible.

Thank you so much!!

Are you sure it wasn't the sorting hiding your songs? I keep track of my CDLC I've made by favoriting it and sorting by favorites, and the new system has made that a little bit annoying.

Sorry if this has been discussed before but i noticed some CDLCs doesn't update their "played times": they always show as been played 000 times. It's a minor issue.. except when you play a "learn a new song" mission and it doesn't count :D

I'm pretty sure that's only on ones that don't have DD, and I think the fix might fix that issue too, but someone can chime in and correct me if I'm wrong.

Words of wisdom for CDLC charters:

"When in doubt, steal a tone from Kansas' Carry On Wayward Son"

- Billkwando

Offline   firekorn

firekorn

• 2,824 posts
  • 401 thanks

@tc_ski#1 adding something like that isn't as simple as it might sound at all and would probably take more time than what it will take for getting a mass fix system that everyone can use on the CDLC they downloaded (it's coming, but i can't give any ETA)

@RealityPixels Play count already had issue when CDLC didn't had any section, it seems like CDLC now need another requirement to get a it properly updated (i have no clue what it is exactly but it seems to be linked to DD as far as i can tell). I'll add some information about this in the first post.

@Billkwando i'm not sure the fix will change anything about it looking at how the CDLC i'm working on right now behave with the latest beta toolkit. It seems to be closely related to DD, but i have no clue what is exactly the reason why it doesn't work anymore on CDLC that have section but no DD...

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

Thanked by 2 Members: