Welcome to CustomsForge
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Learn & Play Rocksmith!

Want to play the songs you love? Registration and the use of this website is 100% free.
The only thing you need is a legal copy of Rocksmith 2014 w/ a cable. Click here to buy it.

Having trouble logging in or registering? Please click "Support" below.

Donate

Our end the month goal is up! $105 remaining. Thank you for donating.
We need to hit our goal by the 29th to keep the servers up.
Official Patreon - Facebook - Twitter

We're needing more volunteers for future projects. This includes:
- Laravel Developers (We're looking for a new Lead Developer *PAID*)
--- We need a developer to rewrite our auth code ASAP. Please apply immediately if you can help. ---
- Server Admin (*PAID*)
- Moderators
- C# Developers (& .Net Core)
Please apply here: https://goo.gl/forms/Y1irWCLoqODGKQVr1

Photo

CustomsForge Rollback

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Online   Unleashed2k

Unleashed2k

CustomsForge Founder

• Administrator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts
  • 457 thanks
  • LocationOrlando, FL
  • Rocksmith:Steam
  • XBOX:Unleashed2k
  • PSN:FWF_Unleashed2k

I want to apologize to all of our users and thank you for all your patience during this time.

Unfortunately due to the database issues of the current Ignition beta we had to revert back and undo the migration.

The migration to AWS has been cancelled and we rolled back to right before the migration.

All services should remain up and if anything we'll be working on optimizing our services. 

We will NOT be attempting any more migrations.

The problem we ran into is that ignition uses large MySQL queries that are not suited for anything below a 6-core CPU. 

AWS only provides 4 and 8 cores. Upgrading to an 8 core (which would cost us $200+ more) just because of bad code is a terrible idea.

CustomsForge has a very complex setup and it's very hard to transition it to new servers. We thought we did enough testing but the servers could not handle the load at all.

We decided we'll be focusing entirely on IgnitionFUSE and fixing minor bugs in our other searches, but not rewriting old services.

Thanks everyone for using CustomsForge and everything should be back to normal.

"Just remember: when something breaks, kick it as hard as you fucking can"

-Trent Reznor

Thanked by 2 Members:

Offline   Cookie_Munster

Cookie_Munster

Expert Guitarist

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • 4 thanks
  • LocationRomeo, Michigan

I now know what it feels like to have withdrawls

Offline   Mac66

Mac66

Master Guitarist

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  • 2 thanks
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio
When I go to the CDLC page there are no songs listed there just a blank blue screen. I cleared cache and flushed DNS but it did not help.

Offline   zerkz

zerkz

Master Guitarist

• Developer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts
  • 15 thanks
  • LocationAustim, TX

Steam Profile

Did some tweaking to our database settings, ignition should be a little faster now.

Offline   zerkz

zerkz

Master Guitarist

• Developer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts
  • 15 thanks
  • LocationAustim, TX

Steam Profile

When I go to the CDLC page there are no songs listed there just a blank blue screen. I cleared cache and flushed DNS but it did not help.

What browser are you using?

Offline   t4ct1c4l_j0k3r

t4ct1c4l_j0k3r

Master Guitarist

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • 2 thanks
  • Locationend of the world, florida

Donator

$50 donation waiting for rollback without any further attempts to utilize ignition

Offline   tc_ski#1

tc_ski#1

Beginner Guitarist

• Donator
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • 4 thanks

Is the drop down to see your list of "Saved Songs for Later" working?

Offline   t4ct1c4l_j0k3r

t4ct1c4l_j0k3r

Master Guitarist

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • 2 thanks
  • Locationend of the world, florida

Donator

found i need to go to filters to sort columns. it is working somewhat but i'm certain it is not functioning fully as intended.

Offline   beyondtool

beyondtool

Master Guitarist

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • 12 thanks

I clicked in here hoping that the old Customs Forge Search was being resurrected because I was very happy with how it worked. I just can't get past the colors and the font choice for Ignition, it's barely readable. Please if possible bring back a black text, white background with a readable web font like Open Sans, Arial or Futura.

Offline   droxid

droxid

Master Guitarist

• Magna Charter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts
  • 29 thanks
  • LocationGermany

Donator

I totaly share beyondtools opinion on this... i also noticed that songs that I saw for the first time days ago are still in bold letters although I visited the site several times since then. Please also bring back the fast filter system like in the old search... just bring back the old search:-) it was so fast, easy to use and also easy on the eyes...

Offline   Stowy

Stowy

Touring Guitarist

• Magna Charter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • 153 thanks
  • LocationAustralia

I totaly share beyondtools opinion on this... i also noticed that songs that I saw for the first time days ago are still in bold letters although I visited the site several times since then. Please also bring back the fast filter system like in the old search... just bring back the old search:-) it was so fast, easy to use and also easy on the eyes...

I concur.

Posted Image