Welcome to CustomsForge Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Learn & Play Rocksmith!

Want to play the songs you love? Registration and the use of this website is 100% free.
The only thing you need is a legal copy of Rocksmith 2014 w/ a cable. Click here to buy it.

Having trouble logging in or registering? Please click "Support" below.

Photo

Approved CDLC Filter

- - - - -

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
87 replies to this topic

Poll: Would you like to see an Approved CDLC Filter? (445 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you like to see an Approved CDLC Filter?

1. Voted Yes (391 votes [87.87%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 87.87%

2. No (54 votes [12.13%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.13%

Vote

Offline   Alex360

Alex360

Guitar God

• Rocksmith Custom Developer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts

We can't without ability to reload our custom in-game while rocksmith running, fuck that too annoying for me to run it every time i need to check changes... if we could do so I can agree that I can supply also DD'ed version of mine work. (but I don't like to create all versions of my cdlc - only pc and mac from last 2 songs...) cause no one will DL it anyway :P

Offline   steroma

steroma

Master Guitarist

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts

I'm afraid we have here 2 visions of the purpose of an "approved section".

On the one's hand: a kind of flattery for the ego of creators. ("I made the perfect full custom with everything like UBI...")

On the other hand: something to help people to enjoy the rocksmith experience. ( "I've  try to make a good and usefull custom that people can download and use...")

That's why my idea of 3 "levels" of customs could please everyone: amature, advanced, and hardcore creators... and of course players ;).

Offline   Azrael

Azrael

Touring Guitarist

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 605 posts

Donator

+1 on the "bagde" idea / highlighted Lead, Rythm and Bass

+1 "Approved" should not be a separate list from the main search database

+1 on need for DD. I already downloaded a song where DDC simply did not work. And those users who really hate it that much can always remove DD with DDC, am I right? That is at least much easier for them as for a noob who first needs to find out what the toolkit is. Also: While charting, you have to restart RS a looooooot of times for testing and editing... doing that just one more time at the very end to check if DD works is not that much of an extra...

My thoughts:

1. On the entry page for a song, there could be simple checkbox fields for L,R,B: "thumbs up", and "thumbs down".

Then you could present results like: 75% of 22 people liked the Lead track, 22% of 5 people liked the Rythm track and so forth.

The badge or highlight could then be automatically applied when some criteria are met

- minimum number of votes e.g. 10 people

- 50%<bronze, 70%<silver, 90%<gold

This would keep the process simple, automated and influenced by the whole community (because I cannot imagine how a limited group of selected people want to test 3 tracks on currently more than 1600 songs)

2. Another thought, because it seems like nobody has addressed it in this thread:

Should "approved" require support of all four platforms? In terms of "having the same features as any official DLC"?

Check out my easy tutorial on how to add a metronome to your CDLC: Mute the original music, play only with the metronome and find out how good you really sound! Also: Find CDLCs that have the metronome enabled!

Want a USB-Footswitch that you can use to control the tone selection and all the menus in Rocksmith? Check out Rodman's Tutorial and my additions to that!  Footswitch_Logo.png

My CDLCs: Devin Townsend - Life, Deep Peace, Ih-Ah!, Deadhead; Farin Urlaub - Ok

My ideas for new features in Ignition, e.g. filters for Multitrack CDLC and Metronome CDLC.

Offline   raynebc

raynebc

Guitar God

• Rocksmith Custom Developer

• 2,955 posts

I think it depends upon what "approved" means.  It seems to me that there was a rush on SA to get customs approved, but they were not complete and many times the person who submitted would move on to the next song without ever completing their previous works. Having half finished or incorrect songs in the approved section completely defeats the purpose of having the section in the first place. Just my opinion.

I think a good way to avoid this would be to only allow each user to have only one finished custom in the approval process at any one time. If they don't finish it to address user feedback, they have to withdraw it to put it back in an unfinished/incomplete category before they can bring up another one for approval. And to prevent obviously unfinished charts from wasting the time of reviewers, previous suggestions to track which user-tested parts (ie. a particular arrangement) of a chart have been tried and seem to work could help. A chart can wait to be fully reviewed until at least a bare minimum (all arrangements, riff repeater, etc) have been user tested in general.

Offline   Mad_Duck

Mad_Duck

Hardcore Guitarist

• Donator
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

+1 on the "bagde" idea / highlighted Lead, Rythm and Bass

+1 "Approved" should not be a separate list from the main search database

+1 on need for DD. I already downloaded a song where DDC simply did not work. And those users who really hate it that much can always remove DD with DDC, am I right? That is at least much easier for them as for a noob who first needs to find out what the toolkit is. Also: While charting, you have to restart RS a looooooot of times for testing and editing... doing that just one more time at the very end to check if DD works is not that much of an extra...

My thoughts:

1. On the entry page for a song, there could be simple checkbox fields for L,R,B: "thumbs up", and "thumbs down".

Then you could present results like: 75% of 22 people liked the Lead track, 22% of 5 people liked the Rythm track and so forth.

The badge or highlight could then be automatically applied when some criteria are met

- minimum number of votes e.g. 10 people

- 50%<bronze, 70%<silver, 90%<gold

This would keep the process simple, automated and influenced by the whole community (because I cannot imagine how a limited group of selected people want to test 3 tracks on currently more than 1600 songs)

2. Another thought, because it seems like nobody has addressed it in this thread:

Should "approved" require support of all four platforms? In terms of "having the same features as any official DLC"?

I generally agree with most of your points. For dynamic difficulty, in the database, instead of having a check like it is now, also make it an (X/Bronze/Silver/Gold) people could then 'promote' really well done DD, while the songs that have 1 level of it are marked as "not yet excellent."

Relating to your thoughts: point 1;

I get quite wary of the thumbs up/thumbs down, because of trolls and what happened elsewhere.

I almost feel like you would have to have a first question of "Do you like this Artist/Song? (or are you just here to bitch about something you don't like?) because enough people refuse to understand that any Approval process is supposed to be about Quality of work, and not about the song's content/lyrics/genre, etc.

^that being said, I agree there has to be some way to make the process a voluntary, community effort, instead of having like you said "3 people testing 1600 songs"

For me, I'd rather test in genres I understand and enjoy, and might have something meaningful to contribute to. If I had a dozen people "demanding" that I test their mandarin-death-polkas (sorry to any fans out there  :-P) I'd really have nothing meaningful to base my judgements on. 

md_sig-e1431714006358.jpg

Offline   cstewart

cstewart

Master Guitarist

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts

If I had a dozen people "demanding" that I test their mandarin-death-polkas (sorry to any fans out there  :-P) I'd really have nothing meaningful to base my judgements on. 

Come one! Give it a chance!  It grows on you.

Offline   Szur

Szur

Day One Donator

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts

I'am generally against approved but when you must keep it in one list.

i remember it was  annoying two list and  discussion about what someone like what someone don't (and approved sometimes shouldn't be one because they doesn't work).... wen you don't like suggest but don't make problem about it. I for example like drop D everywhere (my guitar don't) but when it's doubt it's only creator decision.

So i think we shouldn't make so much mess about it :-P

one year old bass player

Offline   devindog23

devindog23

Touring Guitarist

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 605 posts

Donator

I would like to add my vote for the suggested badge system.

Offline   Chlipouni

Chlipouni

Touring Guitarist

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts
+1 for the approved section ...

Offline   Xstatic

Xstatic

Guitar God

• 2,271 posts

I'd be all for it if all the songs that meet the criteria are put in approved and not just the popular ones but I find it hard to beleive that will happen if it does cool.

Offline   wynterwolf

wynterwolf

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 32 posts

I'm a guy who believes in completeness.  If I chart a song, I chart all the parts, and add all the 'bonus' to it (DD, sections, etc).  I think approved songs should be as such.  I want my song to be indistinguishable from official DLC, and I believe providing options is a good thing.  It's easy to add DD to a song, and I like the level markers in it.

I've also added non DD bonus arrangements for the DD rage crowd.  Again, I believe in options.

I chart songs I can't play because I want to learn how to play them.  You don't necessarily have to be able to play them to ensure the chart is right.

...and...

As a side note, it's cool to be passionate, but lets keep it civil in here, peeps.  Everyone should be entitled to their own opinion without hostility.  It's getting a little heated and it's easy for things to boil over.

Rock On

Ubuntu Studio FTW

http://ubuntustudio.org/

Offline   Tunalic

Tunalic

Beginner Guitarist

• Donator
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Donator

I have voted yes!

I believe that if an "approved" tag/column were added to the current CDLC Search list, to distinguish those that have reached the official DLC level of completeness and have been verified, it would make it fast and helpful for everyone!

Keep in mind that many of the submitted songs won't have all 4 tracks (L,R,B,V). Some may only have one, a solo instrumental for instance. If done properly and otherwise complete, this should still be verified and "Approved"!

I also think that the creators of the content should do the DD while packaging. The chances are that it is a noob like me that needs the DD and is  also not very familiar with the toolkit! Where it would take the creator a minute or two, it would take a noob/me several just to find the instructions.

Thanks for reading my 2 cents worth!

Thanks to everyone who is working on this outstanding educational music system! :)

Offline   dragargameguler

dragargameguler

Medium Guitarist

• PipPip
  • 74 posts

Sure, approved section sounds cool, as long as we won't have to use a different search engine for approved songs only.

Check out my Workshop!

Can't test my Lead/Rythm arrangements  'cause my guitar is broken. I play bass mainly.

Offline   sika

sika

Expert Guitarist

• PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Don't want a separate section, I never remembered to check the approved songs in SA since there were so few. Just mark the ones that are of exceptional quality in gold in the current search or something

Offline   Azrael

Azrael

Touring Guitarist

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 605 posts

Donator

I just reverted my "YES" into a "NO" because I realized that a "YES" means voting for "a new CDLC area for APPROVED CDLC's only".

From reading the posts here, it seems like the majority (of those who post at least) are for an integrated system into the current search engine... still we have almost 90% in favor of the seperate list...

If you, just like me, thought your vote is for the general idea of an approval system, please check your selection :-)

Check out my easy tutorial on how to add a metronome to your CDLC: Mute the original music, play only with the metronome and find out how good you really sound! Also: Find CDLCs that have the metronome enabled!

Want a USB-Footswitch that you can use to control the tone selection and all the menus in Rocksmith? Check out Rodman's Tutorial and my additions to that!  Footswitch_Logo.png

My CDLCs: Devin Townsend - Life, Deep Peace, Ih-Ah!, Deadhead; Farin Urlaub - Ok

My ideas for new features in Ignition, e.g. filters for Multitrack CDLC and Metronome CDLC.

Offline   Teinashu

Teinashu

Lord of Hunger.

• Administrator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 959 posts
  • XBOX:Teinashu

Donator

It hasn't been decided yet what kind of system is going to be used. The vote is basically for If you want the system or not. Could be a separate search engine, but most likely it will be an addition too the existing search engine.

Community Admin | Send me a message if you are having trouble with something | Teinashu's Hall of Glory
Steam -

Offline   DistortedEngel

DistortedEngel

Go Finck Yourself

• Administrator

• PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • XBOX:DemonGiratina
  • PSN:MechanicalEngel

Steam Profile

ATTENTION!

This is NOT going to a separate section! There will be three filters - approved, unapproved, and in progress. The default will be to show all customs, but you can filter if you would like to see only approved customs. It will be integrated within our current search. Hopefully this clears a few things up for everyone :)

Site admin/all-around jackass.

Every time someone doesn't read the FAQ, a poor innocent baby animal is subjected to Sarah McLachlan's singing.

Offline   abteen

abteen

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 34 posts
It is very nice to have approved cdlc's. Playing the right sequence of the notes is very important in the feeling. Two suggestions: 1- distinguish quality publishers so they earn level or reputation from each approved cdlc.this will encourage ppl. 2- create team of testers .I don't know how you what to choose. But anyone that reviews the song at least once and rate or post a comment is sufficient.

Offline   Azrael

Azrael

Touring Guitarist

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 605 posts

Donator

If there ever will be an official list of things required for the "perfect" CDLC, I would like to add "section names"!

When you name the sections of a song "intro", "chrous", "verse", "brigde", "solo" and so on, Rocksmith regognizes those names ingame. So when you mess up the solo, the recommendation for that song will most likely be "go practise that solo", or "seems like you're having trouble with that chorus" and so forth! While this is not very important, it adds to the authentency of our CDLC. Also, I think it helps the DDC to do a good job. This is important if DD doesn't make it onto that official list :-)

Offline   TimeIsFading

TimeIsFading

Day One Donator

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Steam Profile

ATTENTION! This is NOT going to a separate section! There will be three filters - approved, unapproved, and in progress. The default will be to show all customs, but you can filter if you would like to see only approved customs. It will be integrated within our current search. Hopefully this clears a few things up for everyone :)

Sweet! Sounds good to me. I wouldn't have thought you would make a seperate list. Just requires adding some more columns to the table in the database for all the songs and updating the CDLC Search a little.
Always check and use -> The latest Toolkit builds

To disable dynamic difficulty and not get the 100% accuracy bug don't use the override to max option, but instead disable DD and set sight reading level to Max. With this configuration the 100% bug does not surface.