Welcome to CustomsForge Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Learn & Play Rocksmith!

Want to play the songs you love? Registration and the use of this website is 100% free.
The only thing you need is a legal copy of Rocksmith 2014 w/ a cable. Click here to buy it.

Having trouble logging in or registering? Please click "Support" below.

Announcements:

$171 Remains for our donation goal. Any amount helps. Our services will be suspended if we're not able to reach this goal by the end of the month. You can donate via: click here to donate.

Join us on Discord | Facebook | Twitter | Patreon | Merch | Volunteer | CustomsForge Newsletter (Issue 15) | Protest Edition (ft. Ignition4 Preview & MAGFest wrapup)

Photo

Approved CDLC Filter

- - - - -

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
87 replies to this topic

Poll: Would you like to see an Approved CDLC Filter? (445 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you like to see an Approved CDLC Filter?

1. Voted Yes (391 votes [87.87%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 87.87%

2. No (54 votes [12.13%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.13%

Vote

Offline   MarineIguana

MarineIguana

Day One Donator

• Donator
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Steam Profile

Oh god no.

I will tell you what's wrong and you will accept this information.

Offline   Sirandok

Sirandok

Touring Guitarist

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 618 posts

I think that in this topic are good ideas. I dont know if is good idea to copy the system from SA (wherever if is improved).

We are looking for a way to be able to differentiate, which custom is more complete and accurate.

In my opinion, the people likes the package when it's excellent in the instrument they like. The perfect package for me is (I play guitar and bass, and I'm very thorough) the one that is like a RS Official DLC, because in this way you give to the others a complete package like if they are buying one DLC to Ubi. (This give a sensation of get a good song, someone sometime said that in the presentation of the product  is where people are convinced).

I like in certain grade the idea of Mad_Duck. Is a good partial solution, but contributes to see a lot of problems within the packages of the same song, that when people see, prefer which is more complete.

I think we need a system that catalog the custom for percentages based in the content that custom have. For me if the custom have a guitar, a bass, vocals, all the presentation on the menu functional, RR, DD (optional, for me is a good method checked: my sister with the game learn guitar in 1-2 months) and is synced with all the features that provide RS2014 fulfills the 100%.

In other way, we can use a kind of marker of differents colours or badges like said Mad_duck to difference the quality of the custom,

basis in what have and dont have, from the simplest to the most complete.

Other idea I like is have testers responsible for reviewing every song, in this way all the songs will be with a correct feedback or a correct grade.

Well, is only my opinion. (sorry if my english isn't perfect)

PD: I think that the better host is Dropbox by the way.

All my Customs here: Sirandok's CDLC  Total of Customs: 166 Last Update: Richard Marx - Right Here Waiting

"Music is Life"

Offline   MisterDC

MisterDC

Expert Guitarist

• PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
If you make DD yourself without a generator you can generate the important things like where on the neck the chord is taken etc so you get a feel of hand positions before all notes come. About less popular songs, I have very few DLs on my songs but I think they still would be classed as "approved" soooo

Offline   brood34

brood34

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 24 posts

For me it would be nice to have a kind of segragation between CDLD that are ("let say") "work in progress" vs thoose that are finalised.

The "work in progress area" beeing the location where people could request for advises but also where "users" can give prelimiray (awaited) feedback and advises from the tests they have made (base on their valuable experience), which is always a welcome to learn and improve the CDCL

But of course, it raise the question about the judgment, for instance for one particular song some might not be satisfied with the version use for the "tabs and chords position" while others might be ! In this case, who can say "it is approved" and who can say "it shall not be approved (as I disagree with the tabs)".

There is one point I do converge with other comments here above is about the scope that shall be covered before beeing approved.

==> I also think that a CDLC could be approved even is limited to one instrument, as long as when playing only this instrument in the game will look like playing any official CDLC (in terms of options and quality), the approval tag could then be made instrument per instrument. 

To make the topic progress, I do vote yes.

Offline   steroma

steroma

Master Guitarist

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts

The fact that a song will not be approved doesn't mean it's a bad custom.

It should only tell people that it's not approved yet...

Being approved is an honnor but not be isn't a shame.

Probably, too difficult or confidential songs won't be approved... so what?

These songs are for advanced players, they could try it themselfs and be aware if it is ok or not...

I think that approved section shoud tell to beginners or intermediate players "you can download this one, you wont loose your time in learning something that is not good or not true or not complete"

I think that a good custom with only guitar or bass should be approved. I'm not sure that the obligation to transcribe all the parts of a song is a good thing.

Offline   steroma

steroma

Master Guitarist

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts

P.S: what about 3 sections:

1 customs in progress

2 approved customs

3 awarded or 1st class customs for CDLC known for its pro quality?

Offline   pom

pom

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 16 posts

wont this mean a lot of work for someone, or several someones? how do you make sure they dont get bored and stop doing it?

Sex is like spreading butter on toast. Sure you can do it with a credit card, but its so much easier with a knife :shock:

Offline   BHMath

BHMath

Touring Guitarist

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 998 posts

Of Course Yes ! But why DD optionnal ?

Take a look at my Workshop. You'll find which song I plan to create someday.

Please leave constructive feedback, it helps me creating better customs !

Please don't thanks with comment but with the button !

Offline   Teinashu

Teinashu

Lord of Hunger.

• Administrator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 915 posts
  • XBOX:Teinashu

Donator

If there is a good working RR in the custom you can add the DD yourself with the toolkit.

Community Admin | Send me a message if you are having trouble with something | Teinashu's Hall of Glory
Steam -

Offline   Mac66

Mac66

Master Guitarist

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 446 posts

I think it depends upon what "approved" means.  It seems to me that there was a rush on SA to get customs approved, but they were not complete and many times the person who submitted would move on to the next song without ever completing their previous works. Having half finished or incorrect songs in the approved section completely defeats the purpose of having the section in the first place. Just my opinion. 

Offline   MarineIguana

MarineIguana

Day One Donator

• Donator
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Steam Profile

The approved section on SA was the reason I no longer wanted to be a Mod on there due to the approved section being changed for just any old shit goes in here regardless of how complete it was, If you are saying complete then mean it complete not missing anything.  

Offline   BHMath

BHMath

Touring Guitarist

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 998 posts

If there is a good working RR in the custom you can add the DD yourself with the toolkit.

I know that but a Complete song according to Ubisoft and its DLC is a Song with

• All parts (with some bonuses why not)
  • Vocals
  • RR
  • DD

So why an approved song wouldn't be an ubisoft's DLC like ? An approved Custom would be as good as an official one ! 

Otherwise what is the point of an approved section if it's not to have a repository of Fully Completed in all way DLC ?

Take a look at my Workshop. You'll find which song I plan to create someday.

Please leave constructive feedback, it helps me creating better customs !

Please don't thanks with comment but with the button !

Offline   MarineIguana

MarineIguana

Day One Donator

• Donator
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Steam Profile

I'll bite my tongue I have said it before and I'll be fucked if I'll say it again. 

Offline   kamakazikilla

kamakazikilla

The Loved One.

• Pip
  • 39 posts

• Vocals
  • RR
  • DD

So why an approved song wouldn't be an ubisoft's DLC like ? An approved Custom would be as good as an official one ! 

Otherwise what is the point of an approved section if it's not to have a repository of Fully Completed in all way DLC ?

the purpose of an approved list should serve two fold as a way to weed out well done portions of songs in specific instruments, as well as to archive entirely complete songs, but saying that a song has to have all parts in order to be accepted is going to do more bad than good. they should be distinguished, but the completeness of a song in terms of instruments should be different than how good a song happens to be in any given instrument in particular

Offline   Teinashu

Teinashu

Lord of Hunger.

• Administrator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 915 posts
  • XBOX:Teinashu

Donator

• Vocals
  • RR
  • DD

Because there are lots of people who really really dislike DD, not sure why and don't really care, but it's a really small thing to add dd to a song with the toolkit.

I'll bite my tongue I have said it before and I'll be fucked if I'll say it again. 

What do you mean?

Community Admin | Send me a message if you are having trouble with something | Teinashu's Hall of Glory
Steam -

Offline   MisterDC

MisterDC

Expert Guitarist

• PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
I've always wondered why some people upload famous and wanted songs even when they cant play it themselves? They just assume the tab is correct :s just sayin!

Offline   Alex360

Alex360

Guitar God

• Rocksmith Custom Developer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,495 posts

Well I can play it in riff repeater on 50-70% so I'll learn it soon to play on 100 and all ok, but you probably won't just DL unknown song and play it at 100% mastery you can play it on 60-80 even 90 but not at 100 (except twinkle twinkle little star and similar "hard as hell" songs...) About that leechers can add DD through toolkit - that myth, I wonder how they come here and managed to install cdlc, cause most of them "Just users". But even Charters too lazy to add DD whats next, Well we've added DDC to toolkit for this purpose, but its used by charters who use DD, but not you MisterDC ;)

Offline   JacquesNel

JacquesNel

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Hi guys, I'm new here, and YES! Please!

Offline   RobotMonster

RobotMonster

Beginner Guitarist

• Donator
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Because there are lots of people who really really dislike DD, not sure why and don't really care, but it's a really small thing to add dd to a song with the toolkit.

If it's a really small thing to add DD with the toolkit, then the maker should add it.

For those that dislike DD, it's an even smaller thing to level up a song inside Rocksmith.

Even when fully levelled, having DD makes it easier to tell the sections apart as you get bars with recognisable heights, instead of just thin lines.

I agree with BHMath; an approved CDLC should be as complete as an official DLC.

Offline   MarineIguana

MarineIguana

Day One Donator

• Donator
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Steam Profile

Adding DD is a fucking 10 second step in the toolkit for the creator, Its a 5 min step for someone who downloaded it work it out for fuck sake it no 2 second job for someone who doesn't even know how to use the toolkit and for those who say if you can't play it why create it, I made a song I cannot play and it seems to be one of my best pieces of work (except for the tone  :???:) so you cant say if you can't play then dont make it thats not what RS is about I am afraid.