Welcome to CustomsForge
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Learn & Play Rocksmith!

Want to play the songs you love? Registration and the use of this website is 100% free.
The only thing you need is a legal copy of Rocksmith 2014 w/ a cable. Click here to buy it.

Having trouble logging in or registering? Please click "Support" below.

Donate

Donate to our monthly goal to keep us running.
Our next goal to hit is $650 by 10/16

Photo

Which band inspired you to pick up an instrument?

instrument guitar bass band music inspiritation rocksmith

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

Offline   Demonicdev18

Demonicdev18

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Rocksmith:XBOX 360

id have to say alice in chains got me to pick up a guitar at age 10, but i dropped it for 2 years and got back into it with chelsea grin. bummed that theres no 7 string support in rs2014 though.

Offline   grb20690

grb20690

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Rocksmith:Steam

I would say Red Hot Chilli Peppers but I think Jamiroquai was a really big factor for me to pick up a bass. Never liked Jamiroquai when I was younger until I grew a bit older. 

Offline   RealityPixels

RealityPixels

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 21 posts
  • 1 thanks

This maybe will sound weird, but for myself it wasn't a band: It was a composer. I always liked bass but Galt MacDermot's Hair OST was the culprit to make me want to learn bass. I was totally hooked by the initial notes of the Aquarius bassline and how an instrument usually considered as support was the lead of the music.

Bassists finger better...

Offline   wagonmike

wagonmike

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 33 posts
  • 0 thanks

nirvana  with nevermind

Offline   TomSawyer2112

TomSawyer2112

Freebird

• Magna Charter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts
  • 121 thanks
  • Locationis a tiny spot in old Europe

It may surprise, but I got into acoustic guitar, because of medieval music,

and Greensleeves was for a long time one of two songs I could play decently. ^_^

The other was this Mozart Minuett 

And if you check my customs, you will notice clean acoustic fingering is still very present.

(Rick Emmett, John5's 2 Die 4 ...Buckethead)

I only went into E-guitar in 2013, when RS12 released some Santana.

Offline   jmhenson42

jmhenson42

Medium Guitarist

• PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • 2 thanks
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

For me it was The Strokes - in my opinion one of the most influential bands of my generation, and a lot of the bands that followed in their footsteps like The Libertines and Arctic Monkeys were also a big influence on me as well. Love the strong vocals and two-guitar bands

Offline   spacey7

spacey7

Master Guitarist

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts
  • 3 thanks
  • LocationPgh & Daytona

no doubt about it,,,,Ventures !!!

Offline   zeppelin99

zeppelin99

Beginner Guitarist

• Donator
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • 0 thanks

Hard to say. There have been so many great bands. But most inspirational for me have been Ritchie blackmoore (Rainbow) and wolf hoffmann from Accept.

Offline   Shocked Mind

Shocked Mind

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 45 posts
  • 3 thanks
I think for me it was Hawkwind, that opening bass riff from Motorhead (specifically the version with Dave Brock on vocals) is what made me want to play bass.

It was the first song I looked for when I signed up here, but sadly, no CDLC of it exists.

Offline   Niz0

Niz0

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks

It started with one song. I was playing Cliffs of Dover on Guitar Hero when I first thought "Would be awesome if I could play that on a real guitar." After that it probably was AC/DC, Chuck Berry and Huey Lewis & The News.