Welcome to CustomsForge Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Learn & Play Rocksmith!

Want to play the songs you love? Registration and the use of this website is 100% free.
The only thing you need is a legal copy of Rocksmith 2014 w/ a cable. Click here to buy it.

Having trouble logging in or registering? Please click "Support" below.

Announcements:

We have upcoming scheduled maintenance to be performed on Sunday around 9 PM EST. Please note the website will be offline for several hours. Make sure to stock up on all of your CDLC needs.
Our March Donation goal is up. click here to donate.

Join us on Discord | Facebook | Twitter | Patreon | Merch | Volunteer | CustomsForge Newsletter (Issue 16) | Riot grrrl Special

Photo

EOF guitar pro import error (Grace Notes On Beat)

- - - - -

Best Answer raynebc, 16 October 2015 - 07:07 PM

After looking into it for a while, the problem seems to be some invalid tie notes. For example, the first note in the track is authored as a tie note, but there is no note that exists before it so EOF skips it as expected. However the note is also altered by a grace note and that wasn't a problem EOF was programmed to handle. It will now also skip importing the on-beat grace note when the tie note it's attached to isn't considered valid. Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Offline   ikwtif

ikwtif

Expert Guitarist

• PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts

EOF constantly crashes when I try to import this gp5 file. First time I have problems importing a file, and I checked with a different song I'm working on and that file imported just fine.

While making the post I was testing a few things and I think it's because I am using Grace Notes On the beat. I changed a part to Grace Notes Before the beat and was able to load that file without a problem.

Any idea if this can be fixed? Or should I just use the Grace Notes Before the beat and adjust everything in EOF later?

Link to the files

https://www.dropbox....pykTYBYmKa?dl=0

62610bdc99ce22720ee64c3a9f1f3ef0.png

Offline   raynebc

raynebc

Guitar God

• Rocksmith Custom Developer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,932 posts
✓  Best Answer
After looking into it for a while, the problem seems to be some invalid tie notes. For example, the first note in the track is authored as a tie note, but there is no note that exists before it so EOF skips it as expected. However the note is also altered by a grace note and that wasn't a problem EOF was programmed to handle. It will now also skip importing the on-beat grace note when the tie note it's attached to isn't considered valid.

Offline   ikwtif

ikwtif

Expert Guitarist

• PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts

So I'm guessing you mean the note on the first beat as a tie note does not take the "grace note on beat" as a real note and therefore gives the error? Because when I look at the file I see the grace note with the tied note after it. I'm guessing there went something wrong with that part when I converted it from gp6 because all the other similar notes have the 'tied note' tag removed. I noticed there went a lot wrong with the converted file now. bends that where removed and got a wrong note. I did not know gp6 had so many troubles converting these to gp5, some parts where converted properly, but some parts are just off, even tough they are exactly the same.

Offline   raynebc

raynebc

Guitar God

• 2,932 posts
I don't know what the original GP6 looked like, but the GP5 conversion could definitely benefit from some corrections. I don't see the need to author an on-beat grace note that attaches to a tie note, it would be much easier to just author it as a regular note.

Offline   ikwtif

ikwtif

Expert Guitarist

• PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts

I don't know what the original GP6 looked like, but the GP5 conversion could definitely benefit from some corrections. I don't see the need to author an on-beat grace note that attaches to a tie note, it would be much easier to just author it as a regular note.

True. I did it like that because I used an original tab where it was written with grace notes. If I knew the converting process had problems like this I probably wouldn't have done it. But too late for that now.

Not really the place to ask this, but if you know. Is there a reason why a bend would be noted with a grace note on beat before the regular note? I tought it was to show the general timing of the bend but I have the feeling I don't fully grasp this and it's just a notation convention used.

Offline   raynebc

raynebc

Guitar God

• 2,932 posts
It doesn't sound normal at all to me. Whoever wrote that tab may have thought he/she was being clever, or maybe they were trying to go for a certain playback sound in a tab editor or something. Either way, it's not that much of a problem to manually add some corrections in EOF after you've imported the GP file.