Welcome to CustomsForge
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Learn & Play Rocksmith!

Want to play the songs you love? Registration and the use of this website is 100% free.
The only thing you need is a legal copy of Rocksmith 2014 w/ a cable. Click here to buy it.

Having trouble logging in or registering? Please click "Support" below.

Donate

End of the month goal is here. Please donate to keep us running.

If 200 members out of our 200k members donated 2.00, we'd hit the goal in no time.

Any amount helps. Thank you for contributing.

http://customsforge.com/donate/goal-90-end-of-the-month-goal/

Photo

Show us what you play!

• Please log in to reply
237 replies to this topic

Offline   Woolfishband

Woolfishband

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 40 posts
  • 0 thanks

A week ago i had a great day at the flea market. I got this Squier Strat made in Japan from 93-94 for 38 dollars:

Posted Image

And this Fender Princeton Chorus Combo for 77 dollars:
Posted Image

Offline   pom

pom

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 16 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationEngland, mostly

Sex is like spreading butter on toast. Sure you can do it with a credit card, but its so much easier with a knife :shock:

Offline   pom

pom

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 16 posts
  • 0 thanks

hmm, that didn't work so well :???:

Sex is like spreading butter on toast. Sure you can do it with a credit card, but its so much easier with a knife :shock:

Offline   DrDarkly

DrDarkly

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted Image

Peavey Rockmaster

Epiphone Les Paul Special I-P90

Custom-Made Explorer

Soon, I'll have a custom-made bass.

Offline   Pruitt1962

Pruitt1962

Medium Guitarist

• PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • 1 thanks
  • LocationUSA

This is my main bass, though I own several others. It's an Ibanez Prestige SR1006EBG. I absolutely love the sound of this bass. Warm and Fat. :)

Posted Image

Offline   Khellendros

Khellendros

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks

I just started to get into the customs game, so I figured what better way to introduce myself than by showing the guitars, I do plan on streaming at some point (though not right away). 

I have 3 main axes and a 4th thats just a sentimental piece cause it was my first real guitar. 

I'll just show the main body shots, I have more detailed pics if anyone wants them.

First One: Jackson Kelly JK20 in metallic blue, Student Model, Made in India. added coil splitter, duncan pickups. Same wiring configuration and pickups as Petrucci used in his Ibanez models. My first real guitar.

Second One: Charvel 750XL in Trans Red (Flametop). Semi limited run model made in japan. Superstrat archtop. Custom made pickups

Third One: Custom Built Warmoth. Stacked Tone and Volume Pots, Custom made pickups, Amberburst (quilt top) mahogany body with a Pau Ferro Neck and Kingwood Fingerboard. Meets all Fender replacement part requirements. 

Last One: Jackson Custom Death Angel. Trans Green Burst. 5A Quilt Archtop, Koa Neck and Body, Abalone Zig Zag Sharkies, Contoured Bolt Heel, Natural Binding, Ziricote Fingerboard, 3 position spliiter tapped into the 5 blade, allows for 15 or so different pickup configurations. This is my baby, took me about 6 years to get the money together for it when I was in college. And it took them 2 years to build it. One of the last customs before Fender took over. Built by Mike Shannon

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Offline   pom

pom

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 16 posts
  • 0 thanks

I play one of these

Posted Image

and one of these

Posted Image

Offline   piepesado

piepesado

Touring Guitarist

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts
  • 25 thanks
  • LocationMontevideo, Uruguay

Donator

@Khellendros Wow nice guitars, as I can see your are a Jackson guy like me, I have a JS upgraded and I just love the way she plays, I would be happy to have a japanese or USA made cause if the economical line is this good higher level Jacksons must be astonishing players.

What series is your Kelly JK, if its Student model and its made in India I thought it should be a JS series like mine. Also JS series have sharkfin inlays from just a few years ago. My model is the last JS without those inlays.

That Custom seems to be a one of a kind guitar, looks deadly. Lucky you to have a custom Jackson. Its a custom model built for Death Angel?

Offline   Khellendros

Khellendros

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks

@Khellendros Wow nice guitars, as I can see your are a Jackson guy like me, I have a JS upgraded and I just love the way she plays, I would be happy to have a japanese or USA made cause if the economical line is this good higher level Jacksons must be astonishing players.

What series is your Kelly JK, if its Student model and its made in India I thought it should be a JS series like mine. Also JS series have sharkfin inlays from just a few years ago. My model is the last JS without those inlays.

That Custom seems to be a one of a kind guitar, looks deadly. Lucky you to have a custom Jackson. Its a custom model built for Death Angel?

As I remember it the Kelly is a JK20. I said student but that may have been the performer series, I'm not entirely sure. It was my first guitar and it was a long time ago!

The custom has a interesting story behind it. The Death Angel model was designed by Rob Casteveny from Death Angel. Its one of three artist designed CS only models (the Demon and the Roswell Star/Rhoads designed by Amir Derakh are the other two). And this particular Death Angel of one of only 4 Archtop Death Angels ever made. The other three was a small CS run sold to Drumcity Guitarland that had a trans black flame top and silver cross inlays. So the custom shop called me some time shortly after the guitar was done cause they had summer NAMM coming up and wanted to take it to the show as a custom exhibition model. I was thrilled and said they could. Well after about 4 months of not hearing anything I contacted them and turns out the guitar neck was broken in half during shipping and the neck had to be rebuilt. 

It took awhile but I was really happy to get it.. they messed up one small thing. The backside of the body was supposed to be gloss natural instead of green like the top. Its a minor thing, and it does set off the natural binding, but I think it would have looked cooler the way I had original designed it. That being said its by far the best playing guitar I've ever held. And I've held alot over the years. Any CS Jackson or Charvel pre Fender are some of the best guitars ever made. 

If you can find one, they made some limited run Charvel exotics. USA made that came from the custom shop. I think there was 5000 produced of each (koa, lacewood, mahogany) and those guitars are absolute beasts and can be found for well under a grand. There was a koa one here at the local guitar center but I didn't jump on it fast enough. It went for 650. And that one was Koa, easily the most valuable of the three. 

Even japanese charvels like the 750xl Archtop I have are among the nicest guitars you can find that are made outside the USA. 

Offline   Xacuit

Xacuit

Expert Guitarist

• PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • 1 thanks
  • LocationUK
  • Rocksmith:Steam

Hi Spades I just noticed you got the skull headstock plate the same as mine :) I bought that part first&was so impressed with the workmanship I had to get the rest of the parts :) but like ive said it didn't look finished  it looked odd so I bought some moulding sand&pewter &made the cover between the neck pickup&neck,then it looked finished! :) ifs funny really those parts cost more than the guitar its self!lol but it was werth it :) I luv my SG :)

Offline   Amnesjr

Amnesjr

Expert Guitarist

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • 1 thanks
  • LocationTucson, Arizona

While I am looking through this thread, all I can think of is saying f*** you to everyone that has a better guitar than me, but I don't want to sway this topic in a different direction or get myself banned. Don't get me wrong, I love my guitar, which is a Epiphone Les Paul Special II. It's playable, functional, and is mighty sexy, but sadly, not as sexy as these other guitars.

Steam   |   Last.fm

Offline   piepesado

piepesado

Touring Guitarist

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts
  • 25 thanks
  • LocationMontevideo, Uruguay

Donator

While I am looking through this thread, all I can think of is saying f*** you to everyone that has a better guitar than me, but I don't want to sway this topic in a different direction or get myself banned. Don't get me wrong, I love my guitar, which is a Epiphone Les Paul Special II. It's playable, functional, and is mighty sexy, but sadly, not as sexy as these other guitars.

It seems like you love your guitar, they are always better ones and we guitarists have lust for those 6 string things. Its all about how you play not the instrument. Enjoy you're LP and please post a picture of that sexy thing :P

Offline   kedhrin

kedhrin

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 29 posts
  • 1 thanks
  • LocationDenver, CO

Steam Profile

Donator

My schecter Guitars

from right to left....

One of a kind Schecter Blackjack 2014 Prototype 7 String - unbelievably amazing guitar, this thing should *easily* cost over $2k. I got lucky i got this before someone else.

Jeff Loomis 7 String -- would like it more if it wasn't for the floyd rose, but great guitar overall

Hellraiser - can't go wrong with that

Blackjack Bariton SLS - a baritone 6 string blackjack

Hellraiser FR - floyd rose hellraiser, my first guitar

Hellraiser 2x12 Combo amp - a masterpiece of an amp. 

not pictured- i also have a peavey 6505 2x12 combo amp... but haven't touched it in ages.

not the craziest setup, but i dig it.

Posted Image

Kedhrin Gonzalez

Creative Director - IllFonic

www.illfonic.com

Offline   Kasnitch

Kasnitch

Expert Guitarist

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • 2 thanks
  • LocationNE Ontario, Canada

Donator

@Kedhrin   impressive collection of Schecter's.   That game you are working on looks bad-ass man. I'll be looking for the release of Revival.

I played Rift 2 years and bailed because of the lust for the purple, yellow and gasp, orange items. Not really, but the 8 hours a day of playing to become and remain a top player was too costly on my life.

I hope you and Illfonic have great success with it.

Offline   MVega

MVega

Touring Guitarist

• Magna Charter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 785 posts
  • 60 thanks
  • LocationFrance

@kedhrin Lemme guess... you play folk music... right? :-P

Offline   kedhrin

kedhrin

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 29 posts
  • 1 thanks
  • LocationDenver, CO

Steam Profile

Donator

@kedhrin Lemme guess... you play folk music... right? :-P

only the finest blue grass ;) lol 

Kedhrin Gonzalez

www.illfonic.com

Offline   kedhrin

kedhrin

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 29 posts
  • 1 thanks
  • LocationDenver, CO

Steam Profile

Donator

@Kedhrin   impressive collection of Schecter's.   That game you are working on looks bad-ass man. I'll be looking for the release of Revival.

I played Rift 2 years and bailed because of the lust for the purple, yellow and gasp, orange items. Not really, but the 8 hours a day of playing to become and remain a top player was too costly on my life.

I hope you and Illfonic have great success with it.

thanks! lots to show with that project still...

Kedhrin Gonzalez

www.illfonic.com

Offline   Daikano

Daikano

Master Guitarist

• Magna Charter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • 47 thanks
  • LocationCincinnati OH, USA

Here's what I play.  The Ibanez JS20s for E-Standard, Squire mini (for alternate tunings), and Luna Andromeda bass.

Posted Image

Sometimes I use big words that I don't completely understand, just to make myself seem more photosynthesis.

Offline   MVega

MVega

Touring Guitarist

• Magna Charter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 785 posts
  • 60 thanks
  • LocationFrance

I specially ordered this one from a factory in China:

Posted Image

I've always been curious about this guitar -- it's just as comfortable as advertised, but that also depends on how you're seated. I was a bit disappointed they didn't add in the contours to the body, but that's something I really enjoy doing, so I'll get to that later on.

Received it a couple of weeks ago, let it sit a few days to let it acclimate before getting to work on the setup. They did a really great job with most of it -- the finish is flawless, the neck is excellent, frets are perfect, not a single deadspot, and intonation is perfect, probably the best of all my guitars.

However, the headpiece was put on wrong-- they were trying to cover up the mistake they made drilling the access hole for the truss rod, and then they'd tried to cover THAT up by shimming the headpiece, which completely threw off the intonation. But the headpiece was easy to fix, and I just carved out the access hole a bit (but that gets hidden by the headpiece).

Bridge isn't bad -- it's one of those Overlord of Music copies of Steinberger trems, which get a lot of negative reviews. But it has a lock for the trem, so I have it set as a hardtail anyway. I don't like the headpiece -- has those big fat locking screws - I prefer the sleeker double-ball headpiece. I might pick one up one day, but the price plus shipping would end up being 1/4 of what I paid for the guitar. Pickups are decent -- I like the humbucker in the bridge. The single-coils are a bit weak for my taste, I'll replace the neck pickup eventually with a stacked humbucker.

The guitar itself cost me 50 euros! But the shipping (I suspect the manufacturer inflates this) cost another 100 euros -- and then Chronopost slaps a 21 euros 'services fee' on top of that. (Chronopost Is a SCAM!) Still, for less than 200 euros, this is one excellent guitar.

Offline   RdBass4

RdBass4

Expert Guitarist

• Magna Charter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • 38 thanks

Well, its in my logo and on my background, but here is a better shot of it.  An NS-2A, from the Korean-made Kramer/Spector era (Around 1990).

Posted Image