Welcome to CustomsForge
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Learn & Play Rocksmith!

Want to play the songs you love? Registration and the use of this website is 100% free.
The only thing you need is a legal copy of Rocksmith 2014 w/ a cable. Click here to buy it.

Having trouble logging in or registering? Please click "Support" below.

Donate

Donate to our monthly goal to keep us running.
Our next goal to hit is $650 by 10/16

Photo

3/6/2015 Search2 Update

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Offline   Unleashed2k

Unleashed2k

CustomsForge Founder

• Administrator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts
  • 454 thanks
  • LocationOrlando, FL
  • Rocksmith:Steam
  • XBOX:Unleashed2k
  • PSN:FWF_Unleashed2k

Donator

Search 2.14 Final

• Disabled Cookies Page (no longer needed)
  • Updated Alert up top
  • Added Ignition (Beta) Link

Please note this is most likely search2's final version. We highly recommend using ignition.

"Just remember: when something breaks, kick it as hard as you fucking can"

-Trent Reznor

Offline   ZagatoZee

ZagatoZee

Master Guitarist

• Administrator

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts
  • 36 thanks
  • LocationBogota, Colombia

Can we please not get rid of the old search?

While Ignition has some nice features - like the ability to select what columns you see and to browse the catalogue - it is ugly to look at, the actual page performance is slow, and it doesn't (as far as I've been able to see) show the latest things added to the database when you open it. I have to refresh the search field for it to actually show anything. I quite prefer to open the CDLC's page in a new tab to browse the release notes and comments at leisure - it's a personal browsing / user interface choice thing, I know and that plenty of others would prefer the Ignition way of doing things, however I am not one of them. The way authors notes for eg are shown in Ignition is terrible.

I'll keep using the old search as long as it's available, so please do not turn it off.

Offline   manchot66

manchot66

Jon Snow's Father

• Magna Charter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,002 posts
  • 158 thanks
  • LocationChicago

I quite prefer to open the CDLC's page in a new tab to browse the release notes and comments at leisure - it's a personal browsing / user interface choice thing,

I'll keep using the old search as long as it's available, so please do not turn it off.

Agree with ZagatoZee.  ZZ, if you go to the options 'cog' in the upper right hand corner and then set the 'sort by' column to 'last updated' it will show newest cdlc first, just like old search.

0hOAbRe.png

Online   cornboy88

cornboy88

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks

I too prefer the old search. I hate the color scheme of the new search plus the "add to preferred artists" has a limit and the old search does not at least I have not hit the limit yet if there is one. 

Offline   Unleashed2k

Unleashed2k

CustomsForge Founder

• Administrator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts
  • 454 thanks
  • LocationOrlando, FL

Donator

Search2 will be gone in a month or two (I'm not going to announce a date yet) when we release the new update to Ignition.

There is no limit for preferred artists in the upcoming update.
New unannounced features and more.
Additionally we will have a CDLC page and it will be it's own page.

We will be adding additional themes. Search2 will break after our ignition update.

I didn't want to announce this yet but you've forced my hand unfortunately. 

Also if ignition is slow it's most likely your browser, internet speed, or computer. 
We just ran tests and ignition loaded 30% faster, our dev build will be even faster.

Please note we will continue to work on ignition and improve on any features people want.

Keep in mind that Ignition is still in a beta phase and has not been optimized for speed yet.

Turning pages is still about 20%-30% faster than in Search2.

-Trent Reznor

Thanked by 1 Member:

Offline   Unleashed2k

Unleashed2k

CustomsForge Founder

• Administrator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts
  • 454 thanks
  • LocationOrlando, FL

Donator

I've gone ahead and started theming support for Ignition2. I'm generally a guy that leads and does work here and there but I see we need a solution asap, so I'm going to start working on theme support for the next upcoming update. We will name the old themes classic and classicblack. 

-Trent Reznor

Offline   ZagatoZee

ZagatoZee

Master Guitarist

• Administrator

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts
  • 36 thanks
  • LocationBogota, Colombia

I`ve only just realised that when you refer to Search 2, you are meaning the "old search". I was thinking search 2, was referring to Ignition and that it´s present version was basically it´s final and was about to be made the default search, hence I asked that the old search not be messed with.

My comment about page performance is related to it scrolling. Nothing my internet connection (70+ mbit fiber) is going to cause, and it certainly isn´t my computer/s. Perhaps it is my preferred browser, Chrome - similar issues seen however on 3 different systems, Windows 7 and Macbook and iPad, admittedly all running chrome.

Theming Ignition should fix the biggest issue most of us seem to have with it, the colours. However without the ability to open a CDLC entry in a new tab, or assuming the entry popup continues - see the authors notes properly displayed fully without having to scroll within them, or having the popup not be able to be resized (cmd/ctrl + on Chrome for eg zooms the page and makes the text larger, however the Ignition popup seems hard limited to a set % of the screen width and doesn´t zoom properly) - the user experience will still be far from optimal.

I`d be curious to know what changes Ignition brings that would break the old search, and still prefer the effort was put into adding the good features of ignition into the old search - rather than writing it off entirely. But if this is the development route you have decided upon, please take this feedback onboard.

I am more than happy to continue to provide feedback and testing. I am open to new things - I´m not anti change, but change needs to bring solid improvements, or else it is just wasted effort.

Offline   Unleashed2k

Unleashed2k

CustomsForge Founder

• Administrator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts
  • 454 thanks
  • LocationOrlando, FL

Donator

We use a new database model in the upcoming update that will break the old search and the current version of Ignition. Ignition Beta 2 will have a whole new structure including support for multitracks, submitting CDLC, and more.

I'm not ready to disclose too much yet, but we're always looking for feedback. If we see something people don't like we're obviously going to fix it.

The point of the popup is to view information about the custom. If you want to view author's comments you're free to go to the songs page.

For me, after using the overlay it opens new tabs up for downloads/viewing the full record. 

Anyways we will continue to work on the future. The whole point of ignition is a faster search, with integrated features.

-Trent Reznor