Welcome to CustomsForge
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Learn & Play Rocksmith!

Want to play the songs you love? Registration and the use of this website is 100% free.
The only thing you need is a legal copy of Rocksmith 2014 w/ a cable. Click here to buy it.

Having trouble logging in or registering? Please click "Support" below.

Photo

2015-02-09 Rules Update - No posting of legally purchasable educational workshops/learning tools.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

Offline   Teinashu

Teinashu

Lord of Hunger.

• Administrator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts
  • 308 thanks
  • LocationThe Netherlands
  • Rocksmith:Steam
  • XBOX:Teinashu

Donator

Added to the No piracy rule.

No posting of legally purchasable educational workshops/learning tools.

We have decided that such materials is not something that we want on our site.

http://customsforge....tion=boardrules

Community Admin | Send me a message if you are having trouble with something | Teinashu's Hall of Glory
Steam -

Offline   firekorn

firekorn

Done Nothing for the Community

• Administrator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,349 posts
  • 476 thanks
  • LocationVillers-CotterĂȘts, France

Can we have an explanation why?

This rules seems to come from nowhere since i've never seen any issue about other learning tools at the moment. So i'm curious why this decision was taken.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

Offline   Teinashu

Teinashu

Lord of Hunger.

• Administrator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts
  • 308 thanks
  • LocationThe Netherlands
  • XBOX:Teinashu

Donator

It's basically this.

People will still buy songs and albums for normal listening.
But people will not buy such educational tools if they can get it for free as cdlc.

Community Admin | Send me a message if you are having trouble with something | Teinashu's Hall of Glory
Steam -

Offline   firekorn

firekorn

• Administrator

• 3,349 posts
  • 476 thanks

oh okay it isn't very clear, it's more about cdlc based on purchasable educationnal material which makes senses as an no-piracy rule.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

Offline   Rocker

Rocker

Master Guitarist

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts
  • 2 thanks

I just bought the book because the custom was here. I didn't know about the book. So your statement about it wont be bought is not true.

Offline   raynebc

raynebc

Guitar God

• Rocksmith Custom Developer

• 2,563 posts
  • 710 thanks
Yours is anecdotal. Not everybody has enough morals to buy something when they can get it for free and keep it permanently.

Offline   ZagatoZee

ZagatoZee

Master Guitarist

• Administrator

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts
  • 38 thanks
  • LocationBogota, Colombia

An un-popular decision, but rational.
Can one of the exercises be re-instated on the search tool and given a "Riff Repeater" style link to where to legally purchase the courses maybe?

Offline   Aerionix

Aerionix

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks

Been my hope for years that just the ability to create customs would have encouraged a ton of folks to create custom lessons.  Seems like the possibilities would be endless.  voice track introducing a lesson, a playalong session, an accuracy score afterwards from the game..  Dunno, maybe it's not as easy as it sounds, I'm a fairly new player and never created a custom in my life so wtf do i know.  But seen a few things that make me think its possible and maybe not even that hard..?  Anyway, thanks for the headsup on the rules, hope it gets people creating some more practical stuff to go along with the great customs. 

Offline   firekorn

firekorn

• Administrator

• 3,349 posts
  • 476 thanks
You can still create your own cdlc lesson if you want as longs as it isn't made from lesson DVD or books.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

Offline   Squidtech

Squidtech

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 31 posts
  • 14 thanks
  • LocationUSA
  • XBOX:Squidlech

Steam Profile

This seems like an odd rule change. The John Petrucci's Rock Discipline CDLC that I created isn't purchasable anywhere, legally or otherwise. You can only buy the TAB book that it's based on.

Couldn't we use the same rationale to ban songs for which the band has released an official TAB book?

i.e. Metallica CDLC is going to discourage people from buying Metallica TAB books.

Offline   Unleashed2k

Unleashed2k

CustomsForge Founder

• Administrator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts
  • 458 thanks
  • LocationOrlando, FL
  • XBOX:Unleashed2k
  • PSN:FWF_Unleashed2k

As said from @Asmo in the other thread:

Guys,

This has been an odd situation all around to say the least.  Let me start off by saying that we regret having to remove the CDLC done by Laro as I'm sure it was great work that had a lot of love put into it.  Laro I hope you continue to be a part of the CF community and that this hasn't soured your expectations or interaction with CF or its staff.

However, the CF staff felt that files like these cross a line that we weren't comfortable crossing. 

Let me try and explain: CDLC of songs does not take away money earned from RS or the Artists and are provided purely as fun learning tools for you to enjoy other peoples musical interpretations of the song in the privacy of your own home.  Downloading and playing CDLC is not a replacement for buying their album and listening to it.  You aren't going to fire up Rocksmith every time you want to just listen to any particular song or you aren't going to go DJ the school dance with nothing but RS CDLC previews sounds from the main menu.  

Educational guitar books though... if you can download a CDLC of the book that is teaches you exactly what the book does... that's not necessarily one person sharing their musical interpretation of a song, it's more like counterfeiting the book to bypass the cost of having to buy it. 

I know this will cause a lot of heartache and gnashing of teeth and I'm sorry for that.  In this case we have amended the rules to reflect the position and will be enforcing this from here on out as we notice it.  If you have further comments on this please direct them to me or the other staff in a PM. 

We welcome and encourage users to post CDLC of their own original guitar lessons!

"Just remember: when something breaks, kick it as hard as you fucking can"

-Trent Reznor