Welcome to CustomsForge
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Learn & Play Rocksmith!

Want to play the songs you love? Registration and the use of this website is 100% free.
The only thing you need is a legal copy of Rocksmith 2014 w/ a cable. Click here to buy it.

Having trouble logging in or registering? Please click "Support" below.

Donate

Don't forget to join our Partnered Discord, like us on Facebook and Twitter!
Donate to our monthly goal to keep us running.

Photo

Latest EOF releases (9-8-2017)

• Please log in to reply
2232 replies to this topic

Offline   iminashi

iminashi

Master Guitarist

• Magna Charter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts
  • 35 thanks
  • LocationFinland
  • Rocksmith:Steam

Chords and linknext are a bit of a special case, I guess. In official content, chords that have any chordnotes with linknext always have linknext too.

Besides, the current implementation in the toolkit only checks if the chord itself has linknext.

Offline   PC Plum

PC Plum

Hall of Fame Guitarist

• Magna Charter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,926 posts
  • 801 thanks
  • LocationEdinburgh

I would disable linknext tech notes then...

Apply it to the whole chord or not at all.  That makes the most sense to me, unless there are Ubi examples where specific strings need linknext when others do not.

I've always found it quite clean to apply linknext to the whole chord and only have one or two slides (unpitched or otherwise) from certain strings afterwards.

There was an example of different end fret locations for slides on different strings from the same chord, but that had nothing to do with linknext it was just slide tech notes.

Online   raynebc

raynebc

Guitar God

• Rocksmith Custom Developer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,485 posts
  • 704 thanks
I probably won't disable it at this time, there may be special conditions where people would still be able to use it with tech notes (such as a chord with split status).

Offline   PreachElectrick

PreachElectrick

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Rocksmith:PS3

Can someone help me? EOF was working fine an hour ago, until it started saying that it couldn't load because of "bad image", so I deleted the program and downloaded it again, which didn't fix it. So I restored my computer to a point 2 days ago where it was working and now when I try to load it it says "could not load font". What do I do?

Offline   PC Plum

PC Plum

Hall of Fame Guitarist

• Magna Charter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,926 posts
  • 801 thanks
  • LocationEdinburgh

There are 2 downloads to get EoF working.  Do you definitely have them both?

Both links are in the original post.

Offline   Alex360

Alex360

Guitar God

• 2,199 posts
  • 311 thanks

wtf is that create new openfile selector? can you bring back windows one not the win95 ish looking one? or am I getting some odds here?

Offline   firekorn

firekorn

Done Nothing for the Community

• Administrator

• 3,172 posts
  • 448 thanks
  • LocationVillers-CotterĂȘts, France

@PC Plum You only need the first one for EOF to work, the second is an hotfix which is necessary to be up to date but isn't needed for EOF to work.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

Online   raynebc

raynebc

Guitar God

• 2,485 posts
  • 704 thanks
@Alex360 I'm not sure what you mean. I haven't changed any of the dialogs' appearance.

Offline   Alex360

Alex360

Guitar God

• 2,199 posts
  • 311 thanks

@raynebc, somwhow it fliped a bit of this disable_windows_fs = 0 to disable_windows_fs = 1 and all came like really old :D

figured out creating new cfg file, thanks for the help! I should believe in myself from the beginning ;)

Online   raynebc

raynebc

Guitar God

• 2,485 posts
  • 704 thanks
That's the "Disable Windows UI" EOF setting.

Offline   Alex360

Alex360

Guitar God

• 2,199 posts
  • 311 thanks

@raynebc um somehow I'm unable to copy\paste notes without broking it's adjustments it seems like paste old used for both paste operations, Is it ok? EOF's adjust notes set to both bpm and in F11 setting menu, any tips? also working with handshapes it seems like if i hit ctrl+shift+R to fix it's position it adds new notes to handshape which is clearly moveton to me >__>
Eof's 'helping' me to place them all night long here :)

also is there a way to place a ghost note with right-click, like holding g key and right-click?

Online   raynebc

raynebc

Guitar God

• 2,485 posts
  • 704 thanks
Could you provide a sample project file with instructions for how to reproduce this (ie. open project, change to [track name], change to [difficulty #], select notes # through #, copy, seek to [position] and paste)?

There's no shortcut for placing a gem that is automatically a ghost note, and g can't immediately be used for this purpose because it toggles grid snap on/off. If you're using one of the input modes where right click places a gem, you could use the other hand to press CTRL+G to turn a newly placed gem (which is automatically the only selected note upon creation, unless you enabled the "add new notes to selection" preference) into a ghost note. It's a couple key strokes per gem, but it's quick.

Offline   Alex360

Alex360

Guitar God

• 2,199 posts
  • 311 thanks

yeah sure. open this: https://drive.google...M3VjZWVGRWdaLTg
then switch to pro guitar 22
section chorus1 at 24 sec
then cope some notes like whole bar
and paste into some space after (remove some notes to your taste for that)
than eof should mark miss snapped notes (this bug works with single notes too)

so now another buggy thing when you adjust note with ghost note(using grab or ctrl+shif+R) it should add another note to the handshape and it won't go easily with rightclicking or deleting the note...

so handshape is like anchoring both notes together, right?