Welcome to CustomsForge Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Learn & Play Rocksmith!

Want to play the songs you love? Registration and the use of this website is 100% free.
The only thing you need is a legal copy of Rocksmith 2014 w/ a cable. Click here to buy it.

Having trouble logging in or registering? Please click "Support" below.

Photo

Latest EOF releases (9-26-2020)

* * * * * 5 votes

• Please log in to reply
2647 replies to this topic

Offline   BatCom

BatCom

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Any chance of an update for Catalina compatibility soon? Would be very grateful. 

Offline   adrian142

adrian142

Hardcore Guitarist

• PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

I have trouble with getting my Editor on Fire to work on my laptop...

I tried to uninstall it and reinstall a couple times, but it still freezes and I'm not able tot do anything. It may be related to updates or something like that, so it would be great if someone here could point me into the right direction what to do/try.

Thx a lot.

Offline   raynebc

raynebc

Guitar God

• Rocksmith Custom Developer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,967 posts

Unfortunately there may never be Catalina support.  Experienced Mac developers haven't been able to build EOF as 64 bit so if they can't, I don't have a way to do so.

@adrian142 What OS?  What specific versions of EOF have you tried?  Does accessing the menus via keyboard (ie. ALT+F to open the File menu) work?  Does accessing the menus via mouse work?  Does opening a file over command line (ie. drag and dropping a MIDI/XML/GP5 file on top of the eof.exe program) result in the file being imported?  When a chart/file is loaded/imported, does the Information panel reflect when you press keys on the keyboard?

Offline   MarieSyvian

MarieSyvian

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Is there a way to edit the sounds EOF uses for the pro guitar and bass tracks when midi tones are turned on? Like a way to replace them with my own sounds?

Offline   raynebc

raynebc

Guitar God

• 2,967 posts

You'll have to implement this via your computer.  As long as you set up it up as the default MIDI device in the OS, it might work in EOF.

Offline   hooolian

hooolian

Hardcore Guitarist

• Donator
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Donator

Is there any way to add a feature that could adjust the stereo balance all the way left/right. That would help for figuring out guitar parts that are only on one channel. I have been taking off one headphone, or using equalizer APO to do this. That isn't the ideal solution because I use amp modeling software and I can't hear my own guitar very well.

Just a suggestion.

Offline   raynebc

raynebc

Guitar God

• 2,967 posts

It might be do-able

Offline   raynebc

raynebc

Guitar God

• 2,967 posts

Hi, folks.  The latest hotfix (9-26-2020) is in the first post.  Changes are as follows:
*Updated array.txt import to support explicit HOPO markers instead of threshold based HOPO by making "HOPO" the first line of the array.txt file, and by putting the letter H in front of the relevant notes' gem lane encoding.
*Improved LRC import to ignore a defect commonly found in lyric files provided by Deezer where a past timestamp is repeated and accompanied with an empty line of lyrics.
*Fixed a bug with the audio preview function where existing start and end timing tags aren't correctly replaced when the timings are redefined.
*Improves "Queen Bee (multi)" import to look for any of 19 folder names (ie. "beatlines", "sections", "timesig", "bass_Expert", "lead_Expert", etc) at the same folder level as selected file's parent folder, offering a "GHOT import" automating the mass import of a chart's contents.
*Improved the File menu handling to disable the "Export guitar pro" function if none of the pro guitar/bass tracks have notes in them.
*Fixed a crash that would occur when changing to a pro guitar track difficulty with over 32,768 gems (would likely have to be a full album chart).
*Fixed a bug where using "Track>Erase track" or "Track>Clone" functions did not remove existing track-specific text events.
*Changed GH import so that star power and slider phrases aren't shortened if they end in the middle of a note.
*Fixed a bug with MIDI import where if solo phrases are converted to star power phrases (an old Frets on Fire behavior, if there are fewer than two star power phrases), there is some data corruption that could cause undefined behavior until the project was saved and reloaded.
*Improved the reliability of the "Import dialogs recall last path" import preference.
*Clarification to RS export warnings that the "COUNT" phrase should be defined in all uppercase letters and the "noguitar" phrase should be defined in all lowercase letters.
*Updated the warning during save about lyrics existing outside of defined lyric lines to offer to highlight the offending lyrics and cancel the save.