Welcome to CustomsForge
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Learn & Play Rocksmith!

Want to play the songs you love? Registration and the use of this website is 100% free.
The only thing you need is a legal copy of Rocksmith 2014 w/ a cable. Click here to buy it.

Having trouble logging in or registering? Please click "Support" below.

Donate

April end of the Month Donation Goal
If 160 of our 199,573 members donated $5 we would have our goal over in no time!
Remember any donation amount helps: http://customsforge.com/donate/goal-88-end-of-the-month-goal/

Photo

Latest EOF releases (4-17-2017)

• Please log in to reply
2099 replies to this topic

Offline   raynebc

raynebc

Guitar God

• Rocksmith Custom Developer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,370 posts
  • 686 thanks

Is it really easier to program DDC to read and store an additional set of phrases rather than just make a copy of the one set of phrases it already reads in?  It's not a problem for me to add this to EOF's export, just let me know exactly how you'd like it implemented (ie. tag syntax, naming, etc).

Offline   Bluetac

Bluetac

Touring Guitarist

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts
  • 20 thanks
  • LocationUK
  • Rocksmith:Steam

Donator

As a newbie to custom creating can i get a screenshot of the preferences that need to be check marked please?
I have checked out all the tutorials (of which there are many) but the preferences box is out of date, with the many new features that have been added so there a many more check boxes now.

76561197968639313.png

Guitars: ESP LTD F-54 Bass, Tanglewood Curbow4 Bass, Stagg BC300-N Bass, Yamaha BBN5bk (5String), ESP LTD AX-360, Plus a cheapo no name acoustic

Offline   Chlipouni

Chlipouni

Touring Guitarist

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 882 posts
  • 310 thanks
  • LocationFrance

Is it really easier to program DDC to read and store an additional set of phrases rather than just make a copy of the one set of phrases it already reads in?

In EOF, I can create 10 phrase iterations with the same name even if they don't contain the same pattern of notes.

In order to generate DD, DDC needs to :

- use the phrase iteration markers as defined in EOF by the user

- divide the existing phrase iterations in respect with the "phrase length" parameter

- identify the phrase iterations that contain the same pattern of notes and associate them with the same phrase

- define DD levels for each phrase (and not for each phrase iteration)

So, that's the reason why the result phrases and phrase iterations can't be the same as these defined in EOF.

When I use DDC on a fresh EOF XML file, I know which phrase iteration markers has been defined by the user.

The problem is when I use a file that has previously been modified by DDC, I have no way to identify which phrase iterations came from EOF.

I think that DDC is the only tool that uses the "transcriptionTrack" XML tag (correct me if I am wrong about that).

I can also copy the original phrase iteration markers in this tag or use another specific XML tag to do it.

Thanks

Offline   raynebc

raynebc

Guitar God

• 2,370 posts
  • 686 thanks

As a newbie to custom creating can i get a screenshot of the preferences that need to be check marked please?
I have checked out all the tutorials (of which there are many) but the preferences box is out of date, with the many new features that have been added so there a many more check boxes now.

The defaults should be good for the most part. Recent releases of EOF enable Rocksmith export without having to change anything.

@Chlipouni
About the phrases, would it be easiest to just add a new attribute to the phraseIteration tag, ie. it could go source="EOF" or source="DDC".

Offline   mogorkevin

mogorkevin

Hardcore Guitarist

• PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • 0 thanks

Hi i have a problem with eof 1.8 please look this  image  : https://drive.google...eUF6X19jNEdIOVE
He put a pause to the note and the rocksmith 2014 dont play the song . 
Please Help

Offline   raynebc

raynebc

Guitar God

• 2,370 posts
  • 686 thanks
Please describe the problem in your native language and somebody may be able to help you more easily.

Offline   ShrillBear52

ShrillBear52

Burnout CDLC creator with anxiety

• Magna Charter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  • 15 thanks
  • LocationCheck, :D

Hi i have a problem with eof 1.8 please look this  image  : https://drive.google...eUF6X19jNEdIOVE
He put a pause to the note and the rocksmith 2014 dont play the song . 
Please Help

Pontosan mi is a probléma?

#OfficialRetard

My Customs

The reasons why most of my customs are not updated yet:

1.)I'm lazy to do it because I have no motivation for it

2.)I'm not at my computer

3.)I'm working on a song that I haven't made it yet

4.)I don't have any song to work on it

Offline   mogorkevin

mogorkevin

Hardcore Guitarist

• PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • 0 thanks

Kérlek nézd meg ezt a videót  mert ez a probléma  : https://drive.google...Mk1iMEJGb0F0WmM

Offline   Captain Harlock

Captain Harlock

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks

Can anyone recommend an OGG encoder that works on Mac El Capitan?

Offline   raynebc

raynebc

Guitar God

• 2,370 posts
  • 686 thanks
Do the MAC EOF utilities in the first post not provide OGG functionality in this version of Mac OS?

Offline   ShrillBear52

ShrillBear52

Burnout CDLC creator with anxiety

• Magna Charter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  • 15 thanks
  • LocationCheck, :D

Kérlek nézd meg ezt a videót  mert ez a probléma  : https://drive.google...Mk1iMEJGb0F0WmM

Majd ha hazaértem megnézem

#OfficialRetard

My Customs

The reasons why most of my customs are not updated yet:

1.)I'm lazy to do it because I have no motivation for it

2.)I'm not at my computer

3.)I'm working on a song that I haven't made it yet

4.)I don't have any song to work on it

Offline   albatross213

albatross213

Guitar God

• Magna Charter
  • 2,467 posts
  • 308 thanks
  • LocationNew Jersey

User's Awards

Donator

@raynebc - Are we close to getting a solution to the transpose issue being fixed? It's pretty annoying and it's been two weeks since it was first brought up.

Also, if it helps, I notice it behaves a bit differently with chords. If I take a power chord and shift it up it only "forgets" the lower string (the base of the power chord). Similarly, if shifted down it only forgets the higher string. With chords involving more strings only the highest and lowest will be forgotten.

My CDLC releases (last update: Feb 24th) and my workshop (last update: October 26th)
My CDLC previews (Mostly cleared out)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

Offline   Alex360

Alex360

Guitar God

• 2,067 posts
  • 305 thanks

@albatross213, for now EOF site in tools section suggests using stable hotfix and latest one, with this bug ofc...

I'm using old one because of this issue too.

Offline   raynebc

raynebc

Guitar God

• 2,370 posts
  • 686 thanks
Hi, folks. The latest hotfix (11-23-2016) is in the first post. Changes are as follows:
*Fixed a bug with the previous commit that would cause fret values to be incorrectly set to 0 when transposing pro guitar notes up or down.
*Improved RS exports to filter out non-printable characters if any happen to have imported into song properties from an MP3 or Rocksmith file.
*Improved the new chart wizard to filter out non-printable and extended ASCII characters from an MP3 file's ID3 tag.

Thanked by 4 Members:

Offline   theomey

theomey

Master Guitarist

• Magna Charter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  • 60 thanks
  • LocationCanada

Hi guys, I'm here with another question. I'm setting a bend that gets held then picked several times (while holding the bend)

I'm not sure how to tab it out, it looks wrong when I check it out on rocksmith as I'm doing a bend then the notes that are getting picked in the bend are basically doing another bend over again.

It's basically a sustained bend then picking the note that's bending without releasing it.

That's what I'm trying to achieve. I've had great success with tech notes so far so i'm learning! :)

Offline   firekorn

firekorn

Done Nothing for the Community

• 2,864 posts
  • 405 thanks
  • LocationVillers-Cotterêts, France

place the tech note right on the note head with the bend value to whatever you want. There's no need to use the bend status on any note in that kind of situation.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

Offline   PC Plum

PC Plum

Hall of Fame Guitarist

• Magna Charter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,830 posts
  • 785 thanks
  • LocationEdinburgh

Make it look like this

https://drive.google...iew?usp=sharing

Go up, hits loads of repeated pre bends, then come down.  You can sustain the first bend and hold if you want.  You will probably have secondary questions when you try it.  Best to take some screenies, post them and ask.  I could be here all day with a million permutations, but the pic I showed you is how to begin.

Enjoy :D

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit - I got ninja'd while I was messing messing with screenies :lol:

Offline   theomey

theomey

Master Guitarist

• Magna Charter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  • 60 thanks
  • LocationCanada

place the tech note right on the note head with the bend value to whatever you want. There's no need to use the bend status on any note in that kind of situation.

Make it look like this

Thanks guys i'll go do it now, I really appreciate the help. 

Offline   theomey

theomey

Master Guitarist

• Magna Charter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  • 60 thanks
  • LocationCanada

Make it look like this

I got it all sorted out now thanks for the help, i'd say it turned out good. There's lots of bends in the end solo lol

Thank you too!

Offline   raynebc

raynebc

Guitar God

• 2,370 posts
  • 686 thanks
Hi, folks. The latest hotfix (12-1-2016) is in the first post. Changes are as follows:
*Fixed bugs with RS import that prevented slides for chords from being correctly imported.
*Fixed bugs with GP import's handling of time signatures when the imported file's measures have to be unwrapped (uses repeats, navigation symbols, alternate endings, etc).
*Added a fifth pro guitar track "PART REAL_GUITAR_BONUS", allowing one EOF project to contain all five arrangements that Rocksmith 2014 Remastered can support for a song.
*Fixed a bug where the tech view populated status "(*)" wasn't correctly cleared when the erase track function is used.

Projects that are saved with any regular or tech notes in the bonus track are not compatible with older versions of EOF, which will crash when trying to open them. New or existing projects that have an empty bonus track when saved should continue to be usable with older versions.

Thanked by 3 Members: