Welcome to CustomsForge
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Learn & Play Rocksmith!

Want to play the songs you love? Registration and the use of this website is 100% free.
The only thing you need is a legal copy of Rocksmith 2014 w/ a cable. Click here to buy it.

Having trouble logging in or registering? Please click "Support" below.

Donate

April end of the Month Donation Goal
If 160 of our 199,573 members donated $5 we would have our goal over in no time!
Remember any donation amount helps: http://customsforge.com/donate/goal-88-end-of-the-month-goal/

Photo

Latest EOF releases (4-17-2017)

• Please log in to reply
2099 replies to this topic

Offline   Kent0348

Kent0348

Beginner Guitarist

• Donator
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • 2 thanks
  • LocationVienna, Austria

Thanks raynebc! You were right I for some reason had the "ignore capo/tuning" option checked so after unchecking it the chord names changed. I never looked for/noticed it, but I got the "C=" thingy at the beginning of the song as well so I know for sure it works now

However, the midi tones still stay the same... I don't really need it but wanted to point it out anyway

Here is a zip of some arrangements that I can't import as of eof r1299: http://www.sendspace.com/file/o4gtqd

In eof it says "Failure. Check log for details" And in the log it's always that tuning value error

Offline   raynebc

raynebc

Guitar God

• Rocksmith Custom Developer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,370 posts
  • 686 thanks

That was not a point. The point is when start of first measure falls before zero (there is no actual link there), EOF will silently shift it to 0 and I don't really understand what happens because between measure 1 and 16 this shift is slowly corrected.  I'm sending you an example, you can compare sync times with actual EOF measure times and see and hear for yourself.

I'll take a look at it. The way EOF calculates the beat timings makes the negative timestamps a bit troublesome, but I'll see what can be done. The timing is probably corrected at the first non negative sync point.  

BTW you have yet to push the blank phrase fix

I often work on several things before I commit the changes, but the next revision will probably be up very soon. I wanted to get the stop tech note status implemented first.  

However, the midi tones still stay the same... I don't really need it but wanted to point it out anyway

I'll have to try it myself to see.  

Here is a zip of some arrangements that I can't import as of eof r1299: http://www.sendspace.com/file/o4gtqd In eof it says "Failure. Check log for details" And in the log it's always that tuning value error

I'll look into it.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Offline   raynebc

raynebc

Guitar God

• 2,370 posts
  • 686 thanks
Hi, folks. The latest hotfix (r1300) is in the first post. Changes are as follows: *Improved GP import to ignore section markers with no name instead of importing them as text events. *Improved handling of linkNext tech notes so that they will cause a chord that follows to be exported as single notes, just as when normal notes have linkNext status applied. *Changed GP import logic so that whether a tremolo phrase imports to be specific to the active track difficulty depends on if the "GP import replaces active track" preference is disabled or if the track's difficulty limit has been removed. If either of those conditions is true, the tremolo phrase is made difficulty specific (Rocksmith style tremolo authoring) and will only be visible when the track difficulty limit is not in effect. Otherwise the phrase applies to all track difficulties (Rock Band 3 style tremolo authoring). *Added a new "stop" status that can be applied to tech notes. A stop tech note defines the end position of the affected string of the note it overlaps, allowing you to author chords with notes that have different lengths. If the stop tech note is at the start position of the note it affects, that note is exported with no sustain.

Thanked by 4 Members:

Offline   raynebc

raynebc

Guitar God

• 2,370 posts
  • 686 thanks
I had to re-post the hotfix because I forgot to include the updated eof.dat file, which has a new font glyph for the "stop" status.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Offline   shrubbery

shrubbery

Expert Guitarist

• Magna Charter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • 41 thanks

I'll take a look at it. The way EOF calculates the beat timings makes the negative timestamps a bit troublesome, but I'll see what can be done. The timing is probably corrected at the first non negative sync point.

It was getting late but I think I figured it out, the reason I described was correct but I know how to prevent it now (will try it out when I get home). Basically the EOF's assumption that first measure starts at 0:00 is different to GPA which seems to use steady BPM of the first link before it and therefore first measure will fall before or after 0:00. I placed first link on measure 19 and the tab starts earlier, I have to place the first one on/before the actual first note of any of the arrangements I care about. Because of the electronic backbeat it was properly synced but EOF shift of measure 1 to 0:00 threw it off. Unfortunately this is something you maybe won't be able to prevent because you need to know which GP track is to be imported and then check if the first note comes before first link. Or can you tell where the first link was after you import sync?  

I often work on several things before I commit the changes, but the next revision will probably be up very soon. I wanted to get the stop tech note status implemented first.

So you don't push commits until you do release? Damned SVN, you could be doing minor fixes with git branches easily...

Offline   raynebc

raynebc

Guitar God

• 2,370 posts
  • 686 thanks
I can push as many code commits as I want, it's completely simple. Sometimes there are several commits between hotfixes. My making fewer, larger commits is a personal preference to keep the revision number from bloating up too quickly instead of a reflection on how easy or difficult SVN is to use.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Offline   shrubbery

shrubbery

Expert Guitarist

• Magna Charter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • 41 thanks

I can push as many code commits as I want, it's completely simple. Sometimes there are several commits between hotfixes. My making fewer, larger commits is a personal preference to keep the revision number from bloating up too quickly instead of a reflection on how easy or difficult SVN is to use.

Well, if it's your preference... I just hope you don't lose any code when your drive fails.

BTW do you see a way to author tone changes in GP tab?  (Maybe another use case for text marker descriptions along with arpeggio chord name and vibrato frequency).  I guess this one is not so important as they stay even if I clear events but entering it manually is not much fun.

Offline   Alex360

Alex360

Guitar God

• 2,067 posts
  • 305 thanks
  • Rocksmith:Steam

Can I ask you Raynebc? I'd like to suggest you pack all eof in .7z archives and throw away .exe from archive filename as example:

eof(r1300).7z is it possible?

Thanked by 1 Member:

Offline   protomillo

protomillo

Medium Guitarist

• Magna Charter
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • 25 thanks
  • LocationMilano - Italy

Yesterday I got an error never seen before with toolkit. When I had to save package to create dlc and when I tried to generate it...I got this error:

"the file ....REAL PART GUITAR RS2showlight does not extist...."

But...In arrangements I Imported correct xml REAL PART GUITAR RS2

Why that message??? Why add showlight to my xml? I don't understand... :(

Offline   Alternity

Alternity

Hardcore Guitarist

• Magna Charter
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • 5 thanks
  • LocationMontrĂ©al, QC

Donator

Yesterday I got an error never seen before with toolkit. When I had to save package to create dlc and when I tried to generate it...I got this error: "the file ....REAL PART GUITAR RS2showlight does not extist...."   But...In arrangements I Imported correct xml REAL PART GUITAR RS2   Why that message??? Why add showlight to my xml? I don't understand... :(

Do you have the latest version of the toolkit? The last version generates the showlight file.
My CDLC Workshop

Feedback is always appreciated! :)

Offline   protomillo

protomillo

Medium Guitarist

• Magna Charter
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • 25 thanks
  • LocationMilano - Italy

No I have to download it! I hope new versione will solve the problem... Thank you very much...I'll let you know if it works ;)

Offline   raynebc

raynebc

Guitar God

• 2,370 posts
  • 686 thanks

BTW do you see a way to author tone changes in GP tab?  (Maybe another use case for text marker descriptions along with arpeggio chord name and vibrato frequency).  I guess this one is not so important as they stay even if I clear events but entering it manually is not much fun.

Adding special GP text notations for stuff that is easy to add in EOF seems like it would be more complicated than it has to be, and it would make the GP import code a little messier than it already is. I'd rather improve EOF's internal functionality by making it easier to author tone changes. What would you suggest to improve that, would adding a "copy" button (which copies the selected tone change to the selected beat) to the tone change list and names dialogs help? I still plan to add functionity that copies all tone changes from one track to another, I haven't forgotten about that one.

Can I ask you Raynebc? I'd like to suggest you pack all eof in .7z archives and throw away .exe from archive filename as example: eof(r1300).7z is it possible?

It's possible, but that changes my workflow for posting a hotfix. The 7zip format overall is better than zip, but the number of bytes saved is probably negligible. Is there a functional reason you don't want .exe in the filename (ie. virus scanners flagging it more easily)? Most of the time a hotfix includes just an updated exe file, it only has other ones if I've changed them since the last release candidate. I prefer zip for EOF releases because all modern operating systems pretty much support that compression format out of the box without having to install third party software.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Offline   MVega

MVega

Touring Guitarist

• Magna Charter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 785 posts
  • 60 thanks
  • LocationFrance

The computer I work on is getting pretty old - still running XP, so that might explain why the display crashed when I tried the X2 button. Otherwise the program has been really stable. Impressive!

After a couple of days of working with it, I'm starting to get used to it. I kind of wish entering notes was easier -- I keep getting confused between what the left-click button does and what the right-click button does.

And I kept wishing the right-click button would call up the Fret number/Finger number dialogue  -- partly because I'm mostly working with the mouse, so having to go to the keyboard all the time is difficult. And THAT's partly because I had a guitar in my lap the whole while so I could verify the notes I was tabbing in, so my fretting hand was usually holding the guitar.

If any of that makes sense. .

Offline   shrubbery

shrubbery

Expert Guitarist

• Magna Charter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • 41 thanks

Adding special GP text notations for stuff that is easy to add in EOF seems like it would be more complicated than it has to be, and it would make the GP import code a little messier than it already is. I'd rather improve EOF's internal functionality by making it easier to author tone changes. What would you suggest to improve that, would adding a "copy" button (which copies the selected tone change to the selected beat) to the tone change list and names dialogs help? I still plan to add functionity that copies all tone changes from one track to another, I haven't forgotten about that one.

I would like to put measure+beat+tone (first one can be just base tone name) to some text file and it would be processed when RS XML is exported. It can be in song.ini for all I care, but timing by measure+beat would be as convenient as it gets.

Offline   raynebc

raynebc

Guitar God

• 2,370 posts
  • 686 thanks

After a couple of days of working with it, I'm starting to get used to it. I kind of wish entering notes was easier -- I keep getting confused between what the left-click button does and what the right-click button does.

Try "Rex Mundi" input mode (you can set this in File>Preferences). Then you just mouse over where you want to place a note and then press the 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6 number key to add a note to that lane (lane 1 is the bottom-most string). Right click will bring up a context menu, but the edit pro guitar note function is a couple levels deep into that.

And I kept wishing the right-click button would call up the Fret number/Finger number dialogue  -- partly because I'm mostly working with the mouse, so having to go to the keyboard all the time is difficult. And THAT's partly because I had a guitar in my lap the whole while so I could verify the notes I was tabbing in, so my fretting hand was usually holding the guitar.

I'll see if I can make middle click (ie. clicking down on the scroll wheel) can bring up the edit pro guitar note dialog for selected or moused over notes. But that will only work if your mouse has a scroll wheel and Allegro can reliably detect it.

I would like to put measure+beat+tone (first one can be just base tone name) to some text file and it would be processed when RS XML is exported. It can be in song.ini for all I care, but timing by measure+beat would be as convenient as it gets.

I probably won't add support for an external text file just for this, but I may reconsider beat text, but it would have to be formatted pretty specifically (ie. "tone:[tone name here]").

Thanked by 1 Member:

Offline   Xyber

Xyber

Master Guitarist

• Magna Charter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts
  • 27 thanks
  • LocationSweden

Just noticed something. I just went through and marked all lyrics section in a song, but then remembered I didn't have leading silence yet. So after I added that the lyrics/markings didn't move with the chart and I have to redo all that again (not the end of the world, but a bit annoying). Any chance this will get fixed in the near future?

Offline   raynebc

raynebc

Guitar God

• 2,370 posts
  • 686 thanks
Adding leading silence will move all chart content, including lyric sections. If you mean you added leading silence and then made lyrics using audio that didn't have the leading silence, you may be better off re-syncing your lyrics in whatever external lyric authoring program you used.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Offline   Xyber

Xyber

Master Guitarist

• Magna Charter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts
  • 27 thanks
  • LocationSweden

Weird. I imported the lyrics from my RS1 file, tweaked it a bit and added the section markers. Then I added leading silence and I had to move the lyrics back pretty much exactly how much I added to the leading silence (8 beats). Most of the lyrics markers could still be used fortunately, it was missing like 5 of them throughout the song but it seemed like they did move. Just not the lyrics.

Offline   protomillo

protomillo

Medium Guitarist

• Magna Charter
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • 25 thanks
  • LocationMilano - Italy

Yesterday I got an error never seen before with toolkit. When I had to save package to create dlc and when I tried to generate it...I got this error: "the file ....REAL PART GUITAR RS2showlight does not extist...."   But...In arrangements I Imported correct xml REAL PART GUITAR RS2   Why that message??? Why add showlight to my xml? I don't understand... :(

Do you have the latest version of the toolkit? The last version generates the showlight file.

Ok with last version of toolkit works great!!! Thank you! :)

Offline   shrubbery

shrubbery

Expert Guitarist

• Magna Charter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • 41 thanks

I probably won't add support for an external text file just for this, but I may reconsider beat text, but it would have to be formatted pretty specifically (ie. "tone:[tone name here]").

It can't be just that, you need to be able to declare section along with that.  I would implement it myself but I just don't know the code that well to start right away.

I'm not sure why you think that processing external file upon RS export would be harder, I would think otherwise based on the way it is stored in RS XML and that could be done with piece of code dependent only by identifying time of particular beat.  If you can point me to relevant functions to calculate beat time I might just do that myself.