Welcome to CustomsForge
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Learn & Play Rocksmith!

Want to play the songs you love? Registration and the use of this website is 100% free.
The only thing you need is a legal copy of Rocksmith 2014 w/ a cable. Click here to buy it.

Having trouble logging in or registering? Please click "Support" below.

We're 100% funded by donations. Please keep us running by clicking the link below to donate.

Mastery Bug fix now available in a GUI form, grab the BETA (1.2.6.4 or later) version of the CFSM - repairs tab
Rocksmith Remastered CDLC Fix (PC) - Mac Fix Discuss Rocksmith Remastered here (including fixes, bugs, etc).
New Christmas design available in the merch store here! You can also get stickers, mugs, and more! (20% off clothing designs - use WEIRDGIFTS at checkout)
Multiple Volunteer Positions You can apply here
Don't forget to follow us on Facebook & Twitter

January Donation Goal is up! Please donate to keep our services running in 2017! Happy Holidays.

Photo

Latest EOF releases (12-29-2016)

• Please log in to reply
1948 replies to this topic

Offline   raynebc

raynebc

Guitar God

• Rocksmith Custom Developer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,244 posts
  • 667 thanks
Hi, folks. The latest hotfix (12-29-2016) is in the first post. Changes are as follows:
*Corrected the previous commit's MIDI export handling of time signatures and expanded the new logic beyond just the built-in grid snaps to instead check all suitable partial beat intervals between 1/2 and 1/96.

Offline   zhixudong

zhixudong

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Rocksmith:Steam

Hello, I'd like you to take time to increase more than one language Settings, add a best Chinese, by the way, the lyrics of import can also make it support Chinese? I am a rock Smith's fan from China.你好,我想让您抽时间增加一个多语言的设置选项,最好增加一个中文,顺便说一下,歌词的导入也可以让它支持中文吗?我是一个来自中国的摇滚史密斯的迷。

Offline   raynebc

raynebc

Guitar God

• 2,244 posts
  • 667 thanks
Sorry, but updating lyric import to support Unicode would be a very enormous task. Even if EOF could import the Chinese lyrics, there might not be an easy way to get them to work in-game. Somebody was working on improving other tools for Rocksmith to allow foreign character sets, but I haven't heard about it in a while.

Offline   BHMath

BHMath

Touring Guitarist

• Magna Charter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts
  • 186 thanks

As far as i know, EoF did allow foreign character in lyrics a while ago.

I thik my old custom like two years ago had accented characters like é or à and everything was fine.

But since i don't remember when EoF warns me about those lyrics and the xml file generated remove those characters...

So I use an old xml file with accented characters and everything works perfectly in RS for me.

Could you add an option to force the use of this kind of characters but only warns that it might not work properly ?

I'm pretty sure everything is fine in UTF-8.

Take a look at my Workshop. You'll find which song I plan to create someday.

Please leave constructive feedback, it helps me creating better customs !

Please don't thanks with comment but with the button !

Offline   firekorn

firekorn

Magna Charter

• 2,687 posts
  • 383 thanks
  • LocationVillers-Cotterêts, France

Donator

@BHMath The thing is that save corruption is linked to unsupported character in RS so better be cautious there. You can find the thread about character in RS there : http://customsforge....h-naming-songs/

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

Offline   BHMath

BHMath

Touring Guitarist

• Magna Charter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts
  • 186 thanks

In the naming maybe but i can't find any problem in lyrics with french character like é or à

Take a look at my Workshop. You'll find which song I plan to create someday.

Please leave constructive feedback, it helps me creating better customs !

Please don't thanks with comment but with the button !

Offline   raynebc

raynebc

Guitar God

• 2,244 posts
  • 667 thanks
Those are extended ASCII characters. Extended ASCII support is pretty limited in different metadata fields in Rocksmith, and if I remember correctly, EOF is already filtering them out of the Rocksmith XMLs entirely. EOF doesn't really have any significant Unicode support as far as lyric import/export is concerned.

Offline   RyanBurnsRed

RyanBurnsRed

Expert Guitarist

• Magna Charter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • 4 thanks
  • LocationAtlanta, Georgia

Steam Profile

Hello! I tried to import a GP5 tab (that I converted in GP6 from .gpx) into EOF 1.8RC12. It asks me if I want to drop either the thinnest or thickest string because the bass path in the file is for 5 strings. When I press the button to drop the thickest string EOF freezes and I have to kill it in Task Manager. I've tried this about 5 times already with the same result. Luckily I still have an old version of EOF (1.8RC10) and it imported the file without problems. 

Offline   raynebc

raynebc

Guitar God

• 2,244 posts
  • 667 thanks
Please provide a GP5 file that causes this behavior.