Welcome to CustomsForge Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Learn & Play Rocksmith!

Want to play the songs you love? Registration and the use of this website is 100% free.
The only thing you need is a legal copy of Rocksmith 2014 w/ a cable. Click here to buy it.

Having trouble logging in or registering? Please click "Support" below.

Announcements:

We need to hit $400 of our goal asap. Currently: 160.24/400- click here to donate.

Join us on Discord | Facebook | Twitter | Patreon | Merch | Volunteer | Newsletter Issue 12 (Oct) | Interview with Dardo (Newsletter Writer)

Photo

Latest EOF releases (10-30-2019)

* * * * * 4 votes

• Please log in to reply
2589 replies to this topic

Offline   climas

climas

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 3 posts

1. "Note>Drum>Toggle blue cymbal+tom" only works in the "PART REAL_DRUMS_PS" track, because Phase Shift is the only rhythm game that supports this specific notation.

Yes, I'm using it on that particular track but it doesn't work for me. This is how I'm doing it:

1. I add the blue note and convert it to Blue Cymbal.

2. Ctrl+ALT+B to toggle that function.

3. Song-> Test in Phase Shift and only the blue cymbal note appears.

2. Are you just wanting to change the appearance of the 3 different usable cymbals? You can alter and replace the PCX files used to draw the cymbals in the 3D preview, but changing the 2D rendering in the piano roll would require code changes and are thus less user-customizable.

Let's say that I wanted to identify a Splash Cymbal. I'd personally add it on a yellow cymbal note. 

Well, the thing is that I'd like to change that yellow note to a (pick a color that's not Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue or Red since those are already for other notes) note but on the same line.

That's what I mean. Give more diversity at Cymbals since there are plenty: Stacks, chinas, crashes, rides, splash, bells... It sounds like a mess tho xD

Offline   raynebc

raynebc

Guitar God

• Rocksmith Custom Developer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,894 posts
1. You have to mark a note as a cymbal before you can apply cymbal+tom status. Please let me know if that does not work.

2. You can make your own PCX file if you want. EOF hotfixes come with the grabber command line utility, use:
grabber eof.dat
And you can "grab" (extract) one of the note_*_cymbal.pcx files by right clicking, selecting grab and specifying a place to save it. The images in question are 8 bit 48x48 PCX files, but you may be able to use a higher color depth or resolution, with the understanding that it may not immediately work well in EOF without me adding more handling for user-supplied images.

Offline   raynebc

raynebc

Guitar God

• 2,894 posts
Hi, folks. The latest hotfix (10-30-2019) is in the first post. Changes are as follows:
*Fixed a MIDI export bug that could cause an invalid delta time to be written.
*Fixed a MIDI export bug that could cause corrupt timing when changing from a non #/4 time signature to a #/4 time signature.
*Added a warning during save and after MIDI/Feedback/GH import if the project has at least one section marker and there are any notes that are before it.
*Improved the fret catalog to be able to render beyond its one panel space automatically if the notes panel or 3D preview panel aren't there.
*Fixed bugs in INI import where metadata fields that were manually edited outside of EOF to be longer than EOF allows them to be would import fully instead of truncated and cause a buffer overflow and lead to unexpected program behavior. EOF will warn if an INI tag had to be truncated this way.
*Improved the chord resnapping logic that is offered during MIDI import to correctly handle re-aligning multiple gems that follow less than 11 delta ticks away from another gem.
*Added a warning during Feedback, MIDI and Guitar Hero imports if any sections were defined between beat markers and had to be moved to a beat marker position. The logging will note which events were moved and will display the original and re-assigned positions for each section.
*Improved MIDI import to check for nonstandard open strum markers that span several notes instead of marking just a single note, and asks whether all notes in the marker should be marked as opens. This prompt is necessary because if all notes in the marker are converted into open notes, it removes the ability to have an open note sustain over non open notes.
*Fixed a rendering bug where if a background image is being used, but it is smaller than the program window, the space surrounding the background image isn't erased before each frame is drawn.
*Changed the "Edit pro guitar note" dialog so that if any strings are marked as unmuted, that the string mute status is removed, reflecting the logic enforced elsewhere in the program (such as the "Edit note frets/fingering" dialog).
*Added a "FoFLC export w/o pitch shifts" checkbox in Song>Properties that will influence the lyric export by suppressing the pitch shifts (absorbed into the preceding lyric).
*Changed the MIDI export of SP, solo, trill, tremolo and slider phrases so that their end positions are not quantized, which could lead to a result where the phrase ends at the same position at which the last note in the phrase begins. This was reportedly not handled gracefully in Clone Hero.
*Added a %SEEK_SP_STATUS% expansion macro that displays the start and end timestamps of whichever star power phrase the seek position is in, if any.

Offline   climas

climas

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 3 posts

1. You have to mark a note as a cymbal before you can apply cymbal+tom status. Please let me know if that does not work.

2. You can make your own PCX file if you want. EOF hotfixes come with the grabber command line utility, use:

grabber eof.dat
And you can "grab" (extract) one of the note_*_cymbal.pcx files by right clicking, selecting grab and specifying a place to save it. The images in question are 8 bit 48x48 PCX files, but you may be able to use a higher color depth or resolution, with the understanding that it may not immediately work well in EOF without me adding more handling for user-supplied images.

So I did the testing once again for the BlueCymbal+Tom note and still doesn't work for me. I'll link 2 pics for you to see that I'm doing it as supposed to be (or that I think) https://imgur.com/a/7jKq8hv

I'll investigate on that PCX thing, but if I decided to change it, the color won't change in Phase Shift, right?

Offline   raynebc

raynebc

Guitar God

• 2,894 posts
First I think you should confirm that formally saving the chart and then manually starting Phase Shift to play the chart shows that the correct cymbal+tom notation is displaying.

If it does, then the problem is probably that Phase Shift is not correctly handling the chart being launched over the command line.

If it does not, then try importing the MIDI EOF created back into EOF to see if the cymbal+tom status shows up appropriately for the correct notes. If it does, then the problem is probably with Phase Shift and not EOF. Otherwise please send me the EOF project file so I can test with it.

About the graphics thing, it would only affect the display of the notes in the 3D preview panel in EOF. It would not change how it displays in Phase Shift, although I think you might be able to make a mod/theme for that game, but I don't know anything about how to do that.

Offline   Golztv

Golztv

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Hi, I have been trying to download the file from Mediafire, But the website tell me Something appears to be missing.. 
I cannot download the file, because it cant find it.. 
Any idea? Im using PC Win 10, Tried with both Chrome & IE. None of them works with the link. 

Offline   raynebc

raynebc

Guitar God

• 2,894 posts
Sorry, it should be working now.

Offline   Golztv

Golztv

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Sorry, it should be working now.

Worked now, Thanks ! :) 

Offline   Jake1963

Jake1963

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Does this latest EOF work with Guitar Pro 7.5? When I try to upload Guitar Pro Tab 7 tabs to EOF, EOF doesn't see the file. If  I download a guitar pro tab  from version 3 thru 6, EOF will see it. But when I use Guitar PRo 7 to clean up the file and correct the tempo, EOF doesn't recognize it. Am I doing something wrong?

Offline   firekorn

firekorn

Done Nothing for the Community

• Administrator

• 4,181 posts

Donator

EOF doesn't support any version above GP5 but GP7 have an export option to save gp5 file anyway.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity