Welcome to CustomsForge
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Learn & Play Rocksmith!

Want to play the songs you love? Registration and the use of this website is 100% free.
The only thing you need is a legal copy of Rocksmith 2014 w/ a cable. Click here to buy it.

Having trouble logging in or registering? Please click "Support" below.

Donate

Our end the month goal is up! $105 remaining. Thank you for donating.
We need to hit our goal by the 29th to keep the servers up.
Official Patreon - Facebook - Twitter

We're needing more volunteers for future projects. This includes:
- Laravel Developers (We're looking for a new Lead Developer *PAID*)
--- We need a developer to rewrite our auth code ASAP. Please apply immediately if you can help. ---
- Server Admin (*PAID*)
- Moderators
- C# Developers (& .Net Core)
Please apply here: https://goo.gl/forms/Y1irWCLoqODGKQVr1

Photo

Latest EOF releases (10-17-2017)

• Please log in to reply
2290 replies to this topic

Offline   iminashi

iminashi

Master Guitarist

• Magna Charter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts
  • 37 thanks
  • LocationFinland
  • Rocksmith:Steam

Chords and linknext are a bit of a special case, I guess. In official content, chords that have any chordnotes with linknext always have linknext too.

Besides, the current implementation in the toolkit only checks if the chord itself has linknext.

Offline   PC Plum

PC Plum

Hall of Fame Guitarist

• Magna Charter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts
  • 802 thanks
  • LocationEdinburgh

I would disable linknext tech notes then...

Apply it to the whole chord or not at all.  That makes the most sense to me, unless there are Ubi examples where specific strings need linknext when others do not.

I've always found it quite clean to apply linknext to the whole chord and only have one or two slides (unpitched or otherwise) from certain strings afterwards.

There was an example of different end fret locations for slides on different strings from the same chord, but that had nothing to do with linknext it was just slide tech notes.

Offline   raynebc

raynebc

Guitar God

• Rocksmith Custom Developer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,546 posts
  • 710 thanks
I probably won't disable it at this time, there may be special conditions where people would still be able to use it with tech notes (such as a chord with split status).

Offline   PreachElectrick

PreachElectrick

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Rocksmith:PS3

Can someone help me? EOF was working fine an hour ago, until it started saying that it couldn't load because of "bad image", so I deleted the program and downloaded it again, which didn't fix it. So I restored my computer to a point 2 days ago where it was working and now when I try to load it it says "could not load font". What do I do?

Offline   PC Plum

PC Plum

Hall of Fame Guitarist

• Magna Charter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts
  • 802 thanks
  • LocationEdinburgh

There are 2 downloads to get EoF working.  Do you definitely have them both?

Both links are in the original post.

Offline   Alex360

Alex360

Guitar God

• 2,261 posts
  • 313 thanks

wtf is that create new openfile selector? can you bring back windows one not the win95 ish looking one? or am I getting some odds here?

Offline   firekorn

firekorn

Done Nothing for the Community

• Administrator

• 3,325 posts
  • 472 thanks
  • LocationVillers-CotterĂȘts, France

@PC Plum You only need the first one for EOF to work, the second is an hotfix which is necessary to be up to date but isn't needed for EOF to work.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

Offline   raynebc

raynebc

Guitar God

• 2,546 posts
  • 710 thanks
@Alex360 I'm not sure what you mean. I haven't changed any of the dialogs' appearance.

Offline   Alex360

Alex360

Guitar God

• 2,261 posts
  • 313 thanks

@raynebc, somwhow it fliped a bit of this disable_windows_fs = 0 to disable_windows_fs = 1 and all came like really old :D

figured out creating new cfg file, thanks for the help! I should believe in myself from the beginning ;)

Offline   raynebc

raynebc

Guitar God

• 2,546 posts
  • 710 thanks
That's the "Disable Windows UI" EOF setting.

Offline   Alex360

Alex360

Guitar God

• 2,261 posts
  • 313 thanks

@raynebc um somehow I'm unable to copy\paste notes without broking it's adjustments it seems like paste old used for both paste operations, Is it ok? EOF's adjust notes set to both bpm and in F11 setting menu, any tips? also working with handshapes it seems like if i hit ctrl+shift+R to fix it's position it adds new notes to handshape which is clearly moveton to me >__>
Eof's 'helping' me to place them all night long here :)

also is there a way to place a ghost note with right-click, like holding g key and right-click?

Offline   raynebc

raynebc

Guitar God

• 2,546 posts
  • 710 thanks
Could you provide a sample project file with instructions for how to reproduce this (ie. open project, change to [track name], change to [difficulty #], select notes # through #, copy, seek to [position] and paste)?

There's no shortcut for placing a gem that is automatically a ghost note, and g can't immediately be used for this purpose because it toggles grid snap on/off. If you're using one of the input modes where right click places a gem, you could use the other hand to press CTRL+G to turn a newly placed gem (which is automatically the only selected note upon creation, unless you enabled the "add new notes to selection" preference) into a ghost note. It's a couple key strokes per gem, but it's quick.

Offline   Alex360

Alex360

Guitar God

• 2,261 posts
  • 313 thanks

yeah sure. open this: https://drive.google...M3VjZWVGRWdaLTg
then switch to pro guitar 22
section chorus1 at 24 sec
then cope some notes like whole bar
and paste into some space after (remove some notes to your taste for that)
than eof should mark miss snapped notes (this bug works with single notes too)

so now another buggy thing when you adjust note with ghost note(using grab or ctrl+shif+R) it should add another note to the handshape and it won't go easily with rightclicking or deleting the note...

so handshape is like anchoring both notes together, right?

Offline   raynebc

raynebc

Guitar God

• 2,546 posts
  • 710 thanks
I couldn't immediately reproduce a problem where notes pasted where they weren't expected. Are you sure you seeked to a grid snap position before performing paste? If not, it's likely all pasted notes would be out of grid snap and this would be expected behavior.

When moving the chord at the beginning of a handshape, it's intentional for EOF to force a new ghost chord at the beginning of the handshape. It can be understandably annoying, but there must be a chord there to ensure proper handshape behavior during export. If you select and drag all notes within the handshape, the phrase will be moved accordingly. If you need to change the start position you'll probably have to un-mark the handshape and then add it after moving relevant notes.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Offline   raynebc

raynebc

Guitar God

• 2,546 posts
  • 710 thanks
Hi, folks. The latest hotfix (10-17-2017) is in the first post. Changes are as follows:
*Corrected the fingering for the "Rock C" chord definition.
*Fixed a MIDI import bug where an open note in a legacy guitar track would import as a lane 1+6 chord.
*Fixed a bug in Rex Mundi input mode where if a lane 6 gem was toggled on for an existing note in a legacy guitar track, it didn't immediately remove all other gems to reflect that it's an open note.
*Enabled HOPO on/off status for open notes to export to MIDI, for use in Clone Hero.
*Fixed a bug performing/undoing a leading silence operation would not backup/reload the correct audio file.
*Added guitar/bass tuning definitions for "Eb drop Db", "D drop C", "C# drop B" and "Drop C" and definitions for all the "standard" bass tunings. This should cover the list of tunings used for nearly all official Rocksmith songs.
*Improved the "Edit guitar tuning" dialog to allow using Tab to change to the next input field and using the up/down arrow keys to increment/decrement a tuning value.
*Fixed a bug in the "Edit guitar tuning" dialog where if a string had a tuning value of more than 9 half steps below 0 (ie. -10), the tuning value would get truncated to -1.
*Improved the "Edit guitar tuning" dialog to recognize drop tunings where no strings are in standard tuning.
*Improved the "Edit guitar tuning" dialog to allow selecting from a list of all tunings EOF recognizes.
*Fixed a bug where editing a note to toggle a gem on lane 6 in a pro guitar track could cause a crash.

Thanked by 2 Members:

Offline   raynebc

raynebc

Guitar God

• 2,546 posts
  • 710 thanks

@raynebc um somehow I'm unable to copy\paste notes without broking it's adjustments it seems like paste old used for both paste operations, Is it ok? EOF's adjust notes set to both bpm and in F11 setting menu, any tips?

@Alex360 I was never able to reproduce this problem, are you still able to do so even after seeking to a grid snap position before performing paste (normal paste, old paste would be expected to not resnap pasted notes automatically)?

Offline   NejiHyuga900

NejiHyuga900

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationPalm Coast, FL
  • XBOX:TDPNeji
  • PSN:NejiHyuga900

Steam Profile

"*Enabled HOPO on/off status for open notes to export to MIDI, for use in Clone Hero."

Yes! I'm glad this was fixed since I was working on a GHL chart for Clone Hero. Now to wait for Clone Hero to have support for custom GHL-style Rhythm Guitar and Bass since for some reason, while I charted GHL-styled Rhythm and Bass in EOF, they don't show up in Clone Hero).

"I am a thunder dragon! Hear me roar thunder and breathe lightning!"

Offline   raynebc

raynebc

Guitar God

• 2,546 posts
  • 710 thanks
Allowing any of the button guitar tracks to be authored as GHL tracks was the most sensible way for me to implement it. Often, what it takes is for one program to support a feature is for another to support it first so there's a demand. It took for a PC rhythm game to support HOPO open notes before there was a reason for EOF to have it.

Offline   iminashi

iminashi

Master Guitarist

• Magna Charter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts
  • 37 thanks
  • LocationFinland

A while back I ran into a bug in the Toolkit's linknext handling. I've rewritten the part to fix the bug, but  I think a change should be made in EOF before I commit it.

Cases like these

f02Dr2C.png

PCnW20a.png

should be exported in the same way:

<chord time="20.998" chordId="2" linkNext="1" >
   <chordNote time="20.998" string="1" fret="5" sustain="0.500" linkNext="1" leftHand="1" />
   <chordNote time="20.998" string="2" fret="7" leftHand="3" />
   <chordNote time="20.998" string="3" fret="7" leftHand="4" />
</chord>

I.e. linknext on the chord itself and only on the note(s) that should have it.

While doing some tests, I also came across some obscure cases where things aren't working as expected.

0U0YK7X.png

Here the second chord, with the slide out, doesn't get split into notes automatically.

CJMjiNK.png

In this case the first chord is split into notes while it shouldn't be.

6hmNivD.png

Not related to linknext, but if you import a RS XML that has something like this in it into EOF, the sustain of the single note will be cut short (stops at the first chord).

Offline   raynebc

raynebc

Guitar God

• 2,546 posts
  • 710 thanks
I'm not sure it's necessary to apply linknext to a chord if it only affects one chordnote. Forcing it to export a way the author didn't define may limit the ability to author certain things.

0U0YK7X.png

Here the second chord, with the slide out, doesn't get split into notes automatically.

I'll have to do some more testing with your other examples.