Welcome to CustomsForge
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Learn & Play Rocksmith!

Want to play the songs you love? Registration and the use of this website is 100% free.
The only thing you need is a legal copy of Rocksmith 2014 w/ a cable. Click here to buy it.

Having trouble logging in or registering? Please click "Support" below.

Donate

Donate to our monthly goal to keep us running.
Our next goal to hit is $650 by 10/16

Photo

Latest EOF releases (10-17-2017)

• Please log in to reply
2236 replies to this topic

Offline   raynebc

raynebc

Guitar God

• Rocksmith Custom Developer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,511 posts
  • 710 thanks
I was thinking about how to implement the solo phrase option and was going to just make it a checkbox in the dialog where you define an RS phrase, but "solo" is an attribute that applies to all instances of any particular phrase. I can either have EOF add/remove this solo property to all instances of a phrase when it is added to any instance or we can have it managed somewhere else, such as in the "Manage RS phrases" dialog (which is much more out of the way and I'd figure not very likely to get many peoples' attention). Let me know what you think.

Offline   firekorn

firekorn

Done Nothing for the Community

• Administrator

• 3,229 posts
  • 455 thanks
  • LocationVillers-Cotterêts, France
  • Rocksmith:Steam

@raynebc I'm fine with it being in the Manage RS phrases dialog

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

Offline   raynebc

raynebc

Guitar God

• 2,511 posts
  • 710 thanks
Either location would require a similar amount of programming, I think I'd rather put it in the Add/Edit Event dialog just so more people notice and use the feature.

Offline   raynebc

raynebc

Guitar God

• 2,511 posts
  • 710 thanks
Hi, folks. The latest hotfix (7-25-2017) is in the first post. Changes are as follows:
*Added a "GHL conversion swaps B/W gems" preference that will affect conversion of GHL-mode notes to non-GHL notes (when toggling GHL mode or copying/pasting between tracks) by causing lanes 1-3 to map to the black GHL gems (instead of the white gems), lanes 4-5 to map to white GHL gems (instead of black gems) and a lower 5 lane chord to map to the white 3 GHL gem (instead of the black 3 gem).
*Fixed a minor bug with the rubberband benchmark function where the completion percentage wouldn't correctly restart from 0% when used multiple times in an EOF session.
*Improved "Beat>Paste events" to warn when attempting to paste any track-specific Rocksmith phrases/sections/events into a non pro guitar track, and to skip pasting such events.
*Added the ability to define a Rocksmith phrase as a "Rocksmith solo phrase", statistics for which Rocksmith will specially report as "solo mastery". The way Rocksmith denotes this in the XML requires that all instances of a particular phrase name are all solos or not solos, so when one phrase is added or edited, EOF will edit the solo status of other matching phrases accordingly.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Offline   krifle61

krifle61

Beginner Guitarist

• Donator
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks

Hey I downloaded the latest version of EOF and replaced with three files from the hotfix but am still getting the can't find Aleg44.dll error.  They all seem to be in the right folders, anything else?

Offline   raynebc

raynebc

Guitar God

• 2,511 posts
  • 710 thanks
Something else on your computer is probably interfering, possibly antivirus software. If you extract the release candidate into its own folder and try using that without the hotfix, see if you get the same result.

Offline   iminashi

iminashi

Master Guitarist

• Magna Charter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts
  • 36 thanks
  • LocationFinland
EOF warns that the characters ( ) , in chord names can cause the game to crash, when in fact they can be used. 

Parentheses are used occasionally in ODLC, but the comma doesn't seem to appear in any DLC I own. The only instance of it I can find is in "RS2 Chord Name Stress" that has chord names like "A7(b5.b9)" and "C7(#5.b9)" (. and , will both produce a comma in the game).

This is the texture used for the chord names:

acyxP1e.png

Another thing, by default EOF names minor chords as "...min", whereas the game uses "...m". They will be displayed as "...m" during the song since there is no "in" in the above texture. But if you look at the chords of a song the name will be "...min":

hwT6DDr.jpg

Also pictured is a chord named "Gm&$".  ;)

Offline   raynebc

raynebc

Guitar God

• 2,511 posts
  • 710 thanks
Do any toolkit developers have concerns about me trying to allow parentheses in chord names? Even if strange chord names are allowed, for now I'd prefer to play it safe and just allow the characters that are expected to be used in normal scenarios.

Offline   PC Plum

PC Plum

Hall of Fame Guitarist

• Magna Charter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts
  • 801 thanks
  • LocationEdinburgh

Bit deep for me, but I would like "Rock C" to have a default fingering...

1   1

2   2

3   4

3   3

Offline   cozy1

cozy1

Master Peon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts
  • 176 thanks
  • LocationUSA

Do any toolkit developers have concerns about me trying to allow parentheses in chord names? Even if strange chord names are allowed, for now I'd prefer to play it safe and just allow the characters that are expected to be used in normal scenarios.

Looks like @iminashi has investigated this for us.  Thanks to him.  The referenced texture mapping seems reasonable.  We will have to try these characters and test for in game issues; though I don't anticipate any.

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Release of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Test Build of  Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Beta of Customs Forge Song Manager

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without saying ... make sure you are using the latest Test/Beta build before submitting bug reports.

Offline   iminashi

iminashi

Master Guitarist

• Magna Charter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts
  • 36 thanks
  • LocationFinland

@PC Plum You could use my chordshapes file. That C chord is included.

http://customsforge....chordshapesxml/

Offline   SmellsLikeMonkey

SmellsLikeMonkey

Master Guitarist

• Magna Charter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • 14 thanks

Is it possible to make in EOF than when you copy handshape phrases and paste it, the length of the phrase is not interrupted by the last note of the phrase? (instead its actual length). This will be very helpful because every time i paste a repeate phrase i must modify its length.

My Custom Songs (Workshop)                                              YouTube Videos

80C651DEE.png

Thanked by 1 Member:

Offline   Berneer

Berneer

Touring Guitarist

• Magna Charter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • 47 thanks
  • LocationMontreal

Donator

Is it possible to make in EOF than when you copy handshape phrases and paste it, the length of the phrase is not interrupted by the last note of the phrase? (instead its actual length). This will be very helpful because every time i paste a repeate phrase i must modify its length.

Hi Smells. Easy workaround. Place ghost note where you intend handshape to end. Create handshake marking. Optionally remove ghost note. IPhone requires me pressing somewhere in the vicinity of the thanks button to show edit label... that's why I am thanking you .... 😊

"A dreamer is someone who wants beyond what is reasonable. A hero is a dreamer who cannot take no for an answer." (Martin Spina)

My Released CDLC - Blaze Bayley - Stare at the Sun & MacGyver Theme Song & Iron Maiden - No More Lies

Check out the Tech Notes Tutorial Version 1.1 // Chordify Tutorial release TBD.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Offline   SmellsLikeMonkey

SmellsLikeMonkey

Master Guitarist

• Magna Charter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • 14 thanks

@Berneer Thanks! That's a good way to solve it

My Custom Songs (Workshop)                                              YouTube Videos

80C651DEE.png

Offline   raynebc

raynebc

Guitar God

• 2,511 posts
  • 710 thanks

Bit deep for me, but I would like "Rock C" to have a default fingering...

Done.

Looks like @iminashi has investigated this for us. Thanks to him. The referenced texture mapping seems reasonable. We will have to try these characters and test for in game issues; though I don't anticipate any.

I'll look into making this change.

I'll see if there's a good way for me to do this. Until then, Berneer's workaround is probably the best way to go.

Thanked by 2 Members:

Offline   raynebc

raynebc

Guitar God

• 2,511 posts
  • 710 thanks
Hi, folks. The latest hotfix (9-8-2017) is in the first post. Changes are as follows:
*Added additional entries to the "Add Rocksmith event" dialog.
*Added a "Track>Rocksmith>Bonus arrangement" function allowing a pro guitar/bass track to be specified as being a bonus arrangement for Rocksmith 2014.
*Fixed a crash that could occur in "Beat>Anchor beat" when modifying the last beat in a project.
*Improved the "Anchor beat" function to offer to perform auto-adjust logic on the affected beats.
*Added a chord shape definition for "Rock C".
*Added a check during save that will warn if a note has more than 32 bend tech notes, which will cause Rocksmith to crash.

Thanked by 2 Members:

Offline   PC Plum

PC Plum

Hall of Fame Guitarist

• Magna Charter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts
  • 801 thanks
  • LocationEdinburgh

Hi,

Rock C has been implemented as

1  1

2  2

3  3

3  3

whereas it should be

1  1

2  2

3  4

3  3

Offline   raynebc

raynebc

Guitar God

• 2,511 posts
  • 710 thanks
Fixed.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Offline   iminashi

iminashi

Master Guitarist

• Magna Charter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts
  • 36 thanks
  • LocationFinland

lh3yRhk.png

This is not exported into the XML properly.

<chord time="16.998" chordId="3" >
  <chordNote time="16.998" string="1" fret="5" sustain="1.000" linkNext="1" leftHand="1" />
  <chordNote time="16.998" string="2" fret="7" leftHand="3" />
  <chordNote time="16.998" string="3" fret="7" leftHand="4" />
</chord>

The chord should also have linkNext="1" instead of just the chordNote. 

Offline   raynebc

raynebc

Guitar God

• 2,511 posts
  • 710 thanks
That's not how tech notes work, they apply a status to individual strings of a chord. If you apply linknext to the chord instead of just a single tech note, it will apply to all strings.