Welcome to CustomsForge
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Learn & Play Rocksmith!

Want to play the songs you love? Registration and the use of this website is 100% free.
The only thing you need is a legal copy of Rocksmith 2014 w/ a cable. Click here to buy it.

Having trouble logging in or registering? Please click "Support" below.

Donate

Our end the month goal is up! $105 remaining. Thank you for donating.
We need to hit our goal by the 29th to keep the servers up.
Official Patreon - Facebook - Twitter

We're needing more volunteers for future projects. This includes:
- Laravel Developers (We're looking for a new Lead Developer *PAID*)
--- We need a developer to rewrite our auth code ASAP. Please apply immediately if you can help. ---
- Server Admin (*PAID*)
- Moderators
- C# Developers (& .Net Core)
Please apply here: https://goo.gl/forms/Y1irWCLoqODGKQVr1

Photo

Donations.

• Please log in to reply
189 replies to this topic

Offline   mjmiller1824

mjmiller1824

Medium Guitarist

• Donator
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • 0 thanks

I threw in 10 bucks yesterday. If you're concerned about accusations with the money the answer is simple and common. Keep the donations in a separate account. And you've already shown your balance sheet. This is more transparent than most websites I've been a member of. 

Offline   AbadMonster

AbadMonster

Beginner Guitarist

• Donator
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • 1 thanks
  • LocationTyler, TX
  • Rocksmith:Steam

Yo Unleashed, I just sent in a donation... I know you closed it, but will you still receive it? sent $10.00 for now.

Talk louder.....I'm blind you moron......

Offline   Voyevoda

Voyevoda

Go Finck Yourself

• Administrator

• PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • 11 thanks
  • LocationThe Surface Of The Sun
  • XBOX:DemonGiratina
  • PSN:TrippFontaine

Steam Profile

Loving the new site and CDLC spreadsheet, great job all.

I'm curious about all the currency conversion charges in the donations/charges spreadsheet. Like the recent donations of 3.49,14.06,4.45 and 9.26 and immediate currency conversion charges for the same amounts. It appears as if the entire donation was eaten up by the charge to convert it. Considering how commonplace converting currencies is these days it doesn't seem as if it would be such a large expense,

I'm not alleging or implying anything untoward is afoot, just curious about what's going on there.

Thanks again for getting this site up and running so well and quickly.

Paypal makes us convert the donation to USD before we can even think about accepting it. The odd donation amounts you're seeing there are the result of paypal fees after the conversion. 

Site admin/all-around jackass.

Every time someone doesn't read the FAQ, a poor innocent baby animal is subjected to Sarah McLachlan's singing.

Offline   Voyevoda

Voyevoda

Go Finck Yourself

• Administrator

• PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • 11 thanks

Steam Profile

I threw in 10 bucks yesterday. If you're concerned about accusations with the money the answer is simple and common. Keep the donations in a separate account. And you've already shown your balance sheet. This is more transparent than most websites I've been a member of. 

Is there a way to make a separate place for donations within a single PayPal account? If so please let me know how to do, that would help clear things up quite a bit.

The balance sheet is not accurate at the moment due to it having to be manually updated every single time we get a donation... kind of a pain in the ass but we want to do everything we can to prevent false accusations.

Every time someone doesn't read the FAQ, a poor innocent baby animal is subjected to Sarah McLachlan's singing.

Offline   Flibbs

Flibbs

Beginner Guitarist

• Donator
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • 3 thanks

Donator

Paypal makes us convert the donation to USD before we can even think about accepting it. The odd donation amounts you're seeing there are the result of paypal fees after the conversion. 

I donated the other day in AUD from a different email address. Would it be better for you if I made future donations in USD.

Offline   90s

90s

Beginner Guitarist

• Donator
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • 0 thanks

I donated 4 euro but with a different e-mail PL4FC@***.pl

Offline   Spades

Spades

Speed Junkie

• Ex-Staff Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts
  • 7 thanks
  • LocationDayton, Ohio

I donated the other day in AUD from a different email address. Would it be better for you if I made future donations in USD.

It's not an issue. Every amount helps greatly! 

\m/(><)\m/
'99 Fender Stratocaster / '12 Gibson SG (Nothing special but they are mine)
"If you expect the world to be fair with you because you are fair, you're fooling yourself. That's like expecting the lion not to eat you because you didn't eat him."

c6bad62a-6116-46cf-aa50-96e8b1792fce_zps

Offline   Ally

Ally

• Ex-Staff Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • 5 thanks
  • LocationCrewe, England

It won't matter, Paypal will convert it there end.

Offline   Rock-N-Roll

Rock-N-Roll

Beginner Guitarist

• Donator
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks

Just to let you know I tossed in my $$ to help out. Also just wanted to say thanks for all you are doing. I know it is a huge job as I have run sites and done hosting. So keep up the good work. 

Offline   CalvKillmore

CalvKillmore

Beginner Guitarist

• Donator
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
I have donated but it's not indicating that I have done so. That's if it's meant to?

Offline   Bornwild

Bornwild

Touring Guitarist

• Magna Charter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts
  • 34 thanks
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Steam Profile

• Rookie - Offline
    Since: May 08 2016 07:46 PM
    20.2 hrs last 2 weeks.
    Add Friend

Donator

7000 members and climbing Wow really taking off for only 1 week. Think there were only 45 when I joined. :-P

:wub: My mother said I could grow up to be anything I wanted
So I became an Asshole. :D

Offline   Attitude

Attitude

Jack Of All Trades, Master Of None

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  • 45 thanks
  • LocationThe Land Of Enchantment

Umm , yeah . You kind of should leave it open for donations. In theory the more money you have available the longer the site can run. I helped with a major gaming clan many years ago and as the clan, grew so did the expense. We even started selling clan merchandise to help with the funding, and that's when it went south. The 2 founding members had very different ideas of what to do with the profits from selling merchandise. One wanted to put it all back to the clan site and servers, the other wanted to pocket it, and BOOM, a major gaming clan was destroyed. you guys have 7200 + members already, I expect it will slow after the wave of changeovers nears an end but it is growing FAST.

oEDf6vQm.jpg  I'm Allergic To Stupidity. I Break Out In Sarcasm.

Offline   Bornwild

Bornwild

Touring Guitarist

• Magna Charter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts
  • 34 thanks
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Steam Profile

• Rookie - Offline
    Since: May 08 2016 07:46 PM
    20.2 hrs last 2 weeks.
    Add Friend

Donator

I think he is trying to be open where the funds go. If all things are paid up he don't need anymore donations. Once those funds get low he will open the donations back up. He don't want any drama. This is not a for profit website. It is for the love of music and Rocksmith

This is what happened to you clan site and you can see where that went. Not trying to be a dick but this is the way I understand it. If I'm wrong I'm sure someone will chastise me . :-P.

:wub: My mother said I could grow up to be anything I wanted
So I became an Asshole. :D

Offline   Voyevoda

Voyevoda

Go Finck Yourself

• Administrator

• PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • 11 thanks

Steam Profile

I think he is trying to be open where the funds go. If all things are paid up he don't need anymore donations. Once those funds get low he will open the donations back up. He don't want any drama. This is not a for profit website. It is for the love of music and Rocksmith

This is what happened to you clan site and you can see where that went. Not trying to be a dick but this is the way I understand it. If I'm wrong I'm sure someone will chastise me . :-P.

You are entirely correct. We already have WAY more than we know what to do with and we don't want this to turn into a situation where accusations happen and fingers get pointed. 

Attitude - Maybe your gaming clan site kept needing that money and you were in need of a steady stream of it - we aren't. We only ask for what we absolutely need and nothing more.

Offline   Voyevoda

Voyevoda

Go Finck Yourself

• Administrator

• PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • 11 thanks

Steam Profile

I have donated but it's not indicating that I have done so. That's if it's meant to?

I have to do it manually - it's a pain in the ass :(

Thanked by 1 Member:
Joe

Offline   Attitude

Attitude

Jack Of All Trades, Master Of None

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  • 45 thanks
  • LocationThe Land Of Enchantment

Yes, it was very expensive to run multiple gaming servers, along with a complex website. I fully understand the concept of keeping the funding at only what you need, I just hope it doesn't become a money problem for you. With 7200 members and still growing, getting enough donations when needed shouldn't be an issue and I really appreciate the transparency as to where the money is going. That's a good thing. Keep up the good work. Gonna kick in a few $'s and do my part as soon as I'm done here. I don't want to be a leacher. Good job folks, so far I'm digging it.

oEDf6vQm.jpg  I'm Allergic To Stupidity. I Break Out In Sarcasm.

Offline   Mac66

Mac66

Master Guitarist

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  • 2 thanks
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio

Just donated $10, let me know if the site needs more $ assistance later. I can always scrape up a few dollars to help out.  Thanks for getting this site going so quickly!!

Offline   Perrow

Perrow

Beginner Guitarist

• Donator
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • 0 thanks

Donator

Just found this thread and donated a few $.

Offline   Joe

Joe

Master Guitarist

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • 8 thanks

Speaking of uses for donations and future costs: I've come across this...

[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:small;]Website you were trying to visit was disabled for 5 minutes, because it received over 20% of total server requests.[/color]
[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:small;]It means that this website was using over 20% of processor resources, which is above allowed limit.[/color]
[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:small;]Website was temporary disabled to protect server from overloading and other websites on server.[/color]
Please try again in 5 minutes.

...a couple of times when trying to access the CDLC Search site. Not complaining, just pointing out that CF may soon outgrow its current server setup/agreement/limits. As always, many thanks to the charters and admins.

For the love of god, people, no bitching/whining/complaining. If you don't like something, either state it constructively...or keep it to yourself.

Offline   engleg

engleg

Touring Guitarist

• Magna Charter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts
  • 57 thanks
  • LocationDenver, Colorado

Donator

I agree with @Mac66 commits. I have donated once and would be willing to donate again in the future. It sounds like you are not wanting to have a huge amount of funds in your Paypal account. If you ever need extra funds for major upgrades don't feel bashful putting the word out to the members for help. I know there are a lot of people on this site that would be willing to help to have this site be as trouble free as possible.