Welcome to CustomsForge Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Learn & Play Rocksmith!

Want to play the songs you love? Registration and the use of this website is 100% free.
The only thing you need is a legal copy of Rocksmith 2014 w/ a cable. Click here to buy it.

Having trouble logging in or registering? Please click "Support" below.

Announcements:

October donation goal is up! click here to donate.

Join us on Discord | Facebook | Twitter | Patreon | Merch | Volunteer | Newsletter Issue 11 (Sept) | Interview with Rodman (Championship)
Known issue with records not loading, please download from popup modal.

Photo

Band Fuse?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Offline   steroma

steroma

Master Guitarist

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts

According to me they should have done it also for PC. It create more buzz on the net with site like this one...

Offline   NotGuilty

NotGuilty

Expert Guitarist

• PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Never considered buying it but a lot of people hyped it on SA. Maybe they blew all their money on paying Slash to market it. Rocksmith's marketing is piss poor by any standards but I guess theirs was even worse. If Rocksmith had some solid marketing strategy, they could attract soo many new player to guitar it's not even funny.

>piss poor

Yeah, maybe you don't watch TV or look at YouTube?

Sorry bro, I didn't realise you did their marketing. Congrats on the job though.

Offline   zanzibarnights

zanzibarnights

Master Guitarist

• Administrator

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Donator

lol, kind of avoiding the fact you have no idea what the fuck you are talking about <3

Offline   bo3bber

bo3bber

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 16 posts

They sold 1.4M copies of 2012, and about 1M copies of 2014.  They also said they were disappointed in the sales, which I find rather surprising.  "Rhythm" games were supposed to be all but dead.  I don't think you can reasonably expect to sell 10M copies of Rocksmith when worldwide guitar sales are on the order of 1.5M/year.

Plus as I noted earlier, 2014 is more of a teaching tool, and it's good at it. Only problem is I just wanna have fun, not take lessons, so I didn't buy it.

Offline   SmithyBob

SmithyBob

Expert Guitarist

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Donator

b03bber - I like your description of RS focusing on the fret hand vs. BS focusing on the pick hand.  Never thought of it quite like that.  I had hopes for both, initially, but the RS interface was so much more intuitive for me.  Probably due to all the RB I played.

BTW, two major reasons for upgrading to RS2014 (if you don't want/need all the lessons or session mode) are the ability to set the difficulty level of the song wherever you want it from the beginning, and all the amazing new cdlc that this site is cranking out.  I hated having to level up a song in RS2012 or forcing a guest to do so when they came over to play.  No crowd to play to, but it's straight to the music - no waiting to level up a song.  That alone was worth the money.

Offline   wingnut1

wingnut1

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 3 posts

picked up a copy for $18 and have played with it a little bit.  Its better tan I thought it would be and I like the Hendrix tunes, but I'm disappointed that there won't be future DLC.  I hope someone buys the assets with intention of providing support and releasing more DLC.  Never hurts to have competition.