Welcome to CustomsForge
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Learn & Play Rocksmith!

Want to play the songs you love? Registration and the use of this website is 100% free.
The only thing you need is a legal copy of Rocksmith 2014 w/ a cable. Click here to buy it.

Having trouble logging in or registering? Please click "Support" below.

Donate

Our end the month goal is up! $105 remaining. Thank you for donating.
We need to hit our goal by the 29th to keep the servers up.
Official Patreon - Facebook - Twitter

We're needing more volunteers for future projects. This includes:
- Laravel Developers (We're looking for a new Lead Developer *PAID*)
--- We need a developer to rewrite our auth code ASAP. Please apply immediately if you can help. ---
- Server Admin (*PAID*)
- Moderators
- C# Developers (& .Net Core)
Please apply here: https://goo.gl/forms/Y1irWCLoqODGKQVr1

Photo

Amps!

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

Offline   Tysylio

Tysylio

Touring Guitarist

• Magna Charter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts
  • 43 thanks
  • LocationToronto, CA
  • Rocksmith:Steam

I have a Bronco 40.  Good little amp.

Keep smiling. It makes people wonder what you've been up to.

See my Workshop here.

Offline   Taco

Taco

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 20 posts
  • 0 thanks

Orange OR15 with a matching 2x12 with V30's

Offline   Bluetac

Bluetac

Touring Guitarist

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts
  • 21 thanks
  • LocationUK

Guys it is that time again when you get the itch to put your hand in your pocket and purchase new kit.

Right I fed up with the volume of my normal speakers and the odd rattle that comes from the tweeters on my 2.1 set so i am looking at getting a midrange amp for using with rocksmith 2014, i read that some guys are using a splitter cable to send the signal to the amp and also to the pc with no latency issues.

can someone tell me if the new fender rumble 40 bass amp will work with rocksmith 2014 if i plug the bass guitar into the amp and use the line out ( XLR with Ground Lift) to plug into the pc with the realtone cable?

i am liking the look of this one as it has the overdrive on it .

76561197968639313.png

Guitars: ESP LTD F-54 Bass, Tanglewood Curbow4 Bass, Stagg BC300-N Bass, Yamaha BBN5bk (5String), ESP LTD AX-360, Plus a cheapo no name acoustic

Offline   Izzy

Izzy

Such a pretty pretty princess that loves Nickleback!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • 69 thanks

Guys it is that time again when you get the itch to put your hand in your pocket and purchase new kit.

Right I fed up with the volume of my normal speakers and the odd rattle that comes from the tweeters on my 2.1 set so i am looking at getting a midrange amp for using with rocksmith 2014, i read that some guys are using a splitter cable to send the signal to the amp and also to the pc with no latency issues.

can someone tell me if the new fender rumble 40 bass amp will work with rocksmith 2014 if i plug the bass guitar into the amp and use the line out ( XLR with Ground Lift) to plug into the pc with the realtone cable?

i am liking the look of this one as it has the overdrive on it .

fender makes some of the best amps in the world ..and would work wonderfully with rocksmith .. with that said do NOT ever plug the realtone cable into a line out, the current is wrong, and best case scenario, you will fry the cable, or worse, fry the usb port on your pc (dont ask how i learned this) :P

i use a ABY splitter box to split the guitar/bass signal to the amp, and to rocksmith. its a generic version of the Morley ABY switch, it only needs power if you want the leds to work, otherwise it is passive and 100% sonically transparent.

it has the added bonus of letting me keep my realtone cable tucked out of harms way.  guitar cables are cheap to replace, and easy to repair, the RS cable isnt. 

here is a pic of my pedalboard, the aby switch can be seen at the top right side.  feel free to pm me with any questions.. im more than happy to help anyway i can

IMG_0129.JPG?_subject_uid=269586523&w=AA

423062000000000-00-750x750.jpg

76561198043260236.png

Offline   Bluetac

Bluetac

Touring Guitarist

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts
  • 21 thanks
  • LocationUK

awesome will pick one of those up :) dont want to fry my rocksmith pc or the cable :)

Thanks Izzy

76561197968639313.png

Guitars: ESP LTD F-54 Bass, Tanglewood Curbow4 Bass, Stagg BC300-N Bass, Yamaha BBN5bk (5String), ESP LTD AX-360, Plus a cheapo no name acoustic

Offline   Bluetac

Bluetac

Touring Guitarist

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts
  • 21 thanks
  • LocationUK

would this do

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item4d24fe2029

the others on EBAY are not from the uk

76561197968639313.png

Offline   Bluetac

Bluetac

Touring Guitarist

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts
  • 21 thanks
  • LocationUK

just found the same one you have here but in red

http://www.guitargui...=14012812324267

76561197968639313.png

Offline   Izzy

Izzy

Such a pretty pretty princess that loves Nickleback!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • 69 thanks

just found the same one you have here but in red

http://www.guitargui...=14012812324267

yup, same thing i have :) different brand, but yeah thats perfect

76561198043260236.png

Thanked by 1 Member:

Offline   Bluetac

Bluetac

Touring Guitarist

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts
  • 21 thanks
  • LocationUK

I take it the micro version will do the same job, not into the red look :/

76561197968639313.png

Offline   Bluetac

Bluetac

Touring Guitarist

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts
  • 21 thanks
  • LocationUK

amp all set up as is the aby switch , thanks once again for your input IzzyIMG_20150202_190349_zps0vkesne1.jpg

76561197968639313.png

Offline   chili_time

chili_time

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 41 posts
  • 1 thanks
  • LocationTennessee USA

When I play RS2014 via the laptop I use (1) headphones when learning a song in slow down mode or (2) "Y splitter" into used POD HD500 that feeds a Line6 15w amp when I play a song at full speed. Not a great amp but that POD HD500 is loads of fun to toy with

My Youtube channel is basically a list of Rocksmith's easiest songs because those are the only ones I can play.  :P

https://www.youtube....pHM5Zmi1CobqTJw

Offline   Mostly Rancid

Mostly Rancid

Touring Guitarist

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • 44 thanks

I use a Marshall AVT100 with a simple splitter cable to play along with Rocksmith , I dont really use the amp without Rocksmith. I also use a Boss DS 1 , Mooer Reecho , Digitech Whammy DT and a Boss GT-6 ( can't use it as you need a degree in physics to get a decent sound from it)

rancidsmith.jpg

Offline   Puddle Of Mudd

Puddle Of Mudd

Medium Guitarist

• PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • 2 thanks

I got the original Mesa Triple Rectifier from 90's, beast amp for tones on the high watts... unlike the newer ones, it has a 200W max and not 150W. Some argue that it delivers better tones than the new ones.

http://img.techpower...z-1rsz-mesa.jpg