Welcome to CustomsForge
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Learn & Play Rocksmith!

Want to play the songs you love? Registration and the use of this website is 100% free.
The only thing you need is a legal copy of Rocksmith 2014 w/ a cable. Click here to buy it.

Having trouble logging in or registering? Please click "Support" below.

Donate

End of the year goal is up! Donate to keep us running.
Official Patreon (Free DLC pack drawing on Dec 1st, if we hit $200 we will draw 3!) - Facebook - Twitter

We're needing more volunteers for future projects. This includes:
- Laravel Developers (We're looking for a new Lead Developer *PAID*)
--- We need a developer to rewrite our auth code ASAP. Please apply immediately if you can help. ---
- Server Admin (*PAID*)
- Moderators
- C# Developers (& .Net Core)
Please apply here: https://goo.gl/forms/Y1irWCLoqODGKQVr1

Photo

Amps!

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

Offline   dave

dave

Master Guitarist

• Magna Charter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts
  • 18 thanks
  • Locationnewcastle uk

Donator

I have a line 6 spider 3 75w and a laney pro bass 150 through a roost 2x8 cab.

Offline   Womac911

Womac911

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 28 posts
  • 1 thanks

My amps consist of..

1967 Supro Thunderbolt

1967 Fender Bassman

1959 Gibson Discoverer

1965 Silvertone

THD Univalve

Jet City Picovalve

Fender Hot Rod Deville

90's Ampeg Reverberocket

and two "Rock" amps from the '80's, now a defunct company.

Also, one unknown "Eastern Amplifier" amp from the 1940's. 

If you consider the Fractal Audio Axe FX II an amp, then mark me down for one of those as well.

Offline   Unorthodox

Unorthodox

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Rocksmith:Steam

I have a B-52 AT100 head and a B-52 4x12 Stealth cab. Inexpensive suckers. I retubed the whole shabang, power and pre sections.

Dirty channel always sounded like balls, but the clean is sparkly clean…which I pollute with stomp boxes :mrgreen:

Been eyeballing the Marshall DSL15C so I'm not breaking my back every time I want to jam somewhere

Offline   WhiskeyTango

WhiskeyTango

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 15 posts
  • 0 thanks

Mostly playing through a VHT Special 12/20 (@12W) through a Blackstar HTV-112 Cab.

Others:

Fender Mustang II v1, with added speaker-out connection.

I still have my first amp.  It's a SS Peavey Bandit 65.

Some headphone options:  Zoom G5, old POD 2 (meh), and an old Rockman Bass :smile:

Offline   verrichiello

verrichiello

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • 0 thanks

Usually play thru my Blackstar HT-1R because I want to overdrive the amp, but have to keep it at a respectable volume for my neighbors. For clean tones I play thru a Fender Blues Jr. III with either a TS-9 and/or Big Muff Pi w/ Tone Wicker in front of it.

Offline   Deviate

Deviate

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationPortland, OR

Bass is a Gallien Krueger MB115, guitar is an Ashdown Peacemaker-40.

Offline   andrake

andrake

Medium Guitarist

• PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • 9 thanks

I am using a Peavey KB100.  It is a keyboard amp (I do have a keyboard as well).  It has enough dynamic range that I can play both my guitar and bass through it.  With 3 inputs I have both the bass and guitar plugged in.  I can plug either a microphone or the keyboards into channel 1 as it has both xlr and 1/4" inputs.  I just got a 1/8" trs to dual 1/4" ts cable so I can plug my laptop into two channels of the amp and my guitar/bass connects to channel 1 via passive direct box (and the computer as well).

Offline   BeZi

BeZi

Master Guitarist

• Magna Charter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts
  • 19 thanks
  • LocationPoland

Line 6 Spider III / Crate FW 15 R + KORG AX5G or just korg + headphones.....

I'm looking for tones to my CDLCs...

My Workshop

Offline   ijustdontgiveaf

ijustdontgiveaf

Beginner Guitarist

• Donator
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • 2 thanks
  • Rocksmith:PS3

Donator

Marshall AFD100

Marshall YJM100

Marshall 1960av

Marshall MG10 

Roland Micro cube

..then i also have Guitar Kontrol/Guitar Rig, but I hardly ever use that, because when I record it's more going through the YJM or Logic's amp designer

Offline   snowdog

snowdog

Master Guitarist

• Day One Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • 13 thanks
  • LocationTottenham (aka Beirut), North London

Donator

These days you're better off just buying a multi-effects and modelling pedal. When you're rehearsing or gigging just plug it straight into the PA. Basically means you're not limiting your tone by just having one amp or amp/cab combination.

Offline   Izzy

Izzy

Such a pretty pretty princess that loves Nickleback!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • 69 thanks

this is my new setup (for now)

Marshall JCM2000 head paired with marshall JCM900 1960a cabinet loaded with celestion g12t-75s

im using a thd hotplate power attenuator to keep it from peeling the paint off the walls, and splitting the signal between the amp and rocksmith.  

AkLpgjz.jpg

76561198043260236.png

Offline   Nocaster_

Nocaster_

Medium Guitarist

• PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • 1 thanks

Since I live in an apartment, I can't be too loud, so I mostly use either Roland Cube 20X with power squeeze, or the awesome Yamaha THR5.

I use a Fender ABY pedal to connect the guitar to both Rocksmith and the Amp directly. This way I hear both the RS processed sound and the real amp sound. I set the music volume to 70%. This gives a really good and realistic guitar tone, I find.

Offline   Izzy

Izzy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • 69 thanks

Since I live in an apartment, I can't be too loud, so I mostly use either Roland Cube 20X with power squeeze, or the awesome Yamaha THR5.

I use a Fender ABY pedal to connect the guitar to both Rocksmith and the Amp directly. This way I hear both the RS processed sound and the real amp sound. I set the music volume to 70%. This gives a really good and realistic guitar tone, I find.

this is pretty much what i do, i run a "livewire" aby switch to the amp, im using a power break on the marshall to keep the volume down to neighbor friendly levels while still overdriving the crap out of the tubes .. best of both worlds :D  i keep my volume in rocksmith down to under 10% though .. i have soooo much lag, it sounds like im playing with a funky delay

76561198043260236.png

Offline   Murphy87

Murphy87

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks

Peavey Mace 320T

93' Budda Twinmaster w/ Vintage 30's

Offline   Izzy

Izzy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • 69 thanks

Peavey Mace 320T

93' Budda Twinmaster w/ Vintage 30's

niiice! a friend of mine recently got an endorsement deal with budda amps ... they sound amazing!

here is his vid he made for budda 

76561198043260236.png

Offline   Birdassasin

Birdassasin

Master Guitarist

• Magna Charter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts
  • 13 thanks
  • LocationFinland

Steam Profile

Don't have one yet, but I'm thinking of getting Orange Micro Crush. Don't wanna get any bigger right now, since I live in an apartment building and don't want to disturb my neighbors. Also, it looks cool :3

E: Just got my Micro Crush today and I was suprised at its quality! looks really nice and the sound isn't shabby either. Gotta try to record it through my Line in, see if it sounds as nice as I think through that.

Offline   Starbass

Starbass

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks

I actually like playing over my bass rig while playing Rocksmith, I hook up  the realtone cable to my amp via the fx send output. So this way there is no problem with latency :)

I play a TC Electronics Rebelhead 450, with an Eden 2x10XST cabinet and a homebuild Greenboy fearful 12/6 cab

Offline   Izzy

Izzy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • 69 thanks

I actually like playing over my bass rig while playing Rocksmith, I hook up  the realtone cable to my amp via the fx send output. So this way there is no problem with latency :)

I play a TC Electronics Rebelhead 450, with an Eden 2x10XST cabinet and a homebuild Greenboy fearful 12/6 cab

just be careful with plugging the RS cable into the amp ... if the signal is too hot, it could easily fry your cable, or worse the usb slot!

(dont ask how i know this :( )

76561198043260236.png

Offline   noahfence

noahfence

Master Guitarist

• Day One Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 247 posts
  • 2 thanks
  • LocationMassachusetts

Just bought the Orange Crush 20LDX.  Black Friday shopping for ME!

great little amp!

Offline   justgimmethefunk

justgimmethefunk

Touring Guitarist

• Magna Charter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts
  • 140 thanks
  • LocationLyon, France

Donator

My amp is an Hartke A100 and I also use a Zoom B3 pedal