Welcome to CustomsForge
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Learn & Play Rocksmith!

Want to play the songs you love? Registration and the use of this website is 100% free.
The only thing you need is a legal copy of Rocksmith 2014 w/ a cable. Click here to buy it.

Having trouble logging in or registering? Please click "Support" below.

Donate

Don't forget to join our Partnered Discord, like us on Facebook and Twitter!
Donate to our monthly goal to keep us running.

Photo

Amps!

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

Offline   Daegen

Daegen

Beginner Guitarist

• Donator
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Locationnorth of toronto ontario canada

Donator

vox 20+, Marshall blues breaker RE,  bronco 40,  Marshall MG10CF

Offline   Kasnitch

Kasnitch

Expert Guitarist

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts
  • 2 thanks
  • LocationNE Ontario, Canada
  • Rocksmith:Steam

Before Rocksmith 2014, this is what I played my guitars through.  If only the GSP would play with Rocksmith, so I could play through the gear.  The sound quality would be studio quality then. One area Rocksmith is lacking in is big quality sound.

The speakers are custom made by Saxon Cabs here in Ontario.  Tim does incredible work.  This pair is handmade 1" pine, 2x12" Eminence Legends, partly closed back cabs.  The pair, including tax+shipping, was $1100 total. Try finding a better deal anywhere.

Cheers all.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Offline   LowFrequencyHighPressure

LowFrequencyHighPressure

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 16 posts
  • 3 thanks
Either a ~65ish Fender Bassman 135 head with matching 4x12 cabinet, or a Line6 Pod x3 with a TA1050 Poweramp and two custom cabinets (2x12" with horn and 2x10" with horn, 400W each). For guitar i use the pod with the fenders normal section and a 300W Marshall cabinet. I really got lucky with the bassman. Got it for 600 DM back in 1996. 2 years later i stumbled across the matching cab for another 300 DM.

Offline   v8Tuna

v8Tuna

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 23 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationAtlanta GA

Amplitube going to sennheiser or bose headphones. I also output the amplitube to the aux input on my line 6 spider iii 15W. I have a pocket pod that hasnt been getting much use. 

'99 Fender Power House Strat Deluxe Series Black

TBX tone pot Vintage American Noiseless Pups Active MidBoost

Dads Samick Torino 2 Red

Focusrite Scarlet 2i4 Behringer FSB1010 Reaper Amplitube 

Twin in Training Alex and Daniel

Offline   dalenichol

dalenichol

Expert Guitarist

• PipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • 11 thanks
  • LocationPerth, Scotland

Up until today, I'd always been using the shitty little practice amp that came with my guitar. (value brand set, about £90 all in)

Now that I'm starting to progress on guitar, I'd been looking for a new amp to have a play about with and see if that helped me at all. Popped into a local store, similar idea to a pawn shop/cash converters store, and noticed a Line6 Spider IV 15w for £39.99. 

Needless to say I picked it up and I've fallen head over heels in love with it since I got it home.

Offline   piepesado

piepesado

Touring Guitarist

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts
  • 25 thanks
  • LocationMontevideo, Uruguay

Donator

Up until today, I'd always been using the shitty little practice amp that came with my guitar. (value brand set, about £90 all in)

Now that I'm starting to progress on guitar, I'd been looking for a new amp to have a play about with and see if that helped me at all. Popped into a local store, similar idea to a pawn shop/cash converters store, and noticed a Line6 Spider IV 15w for £39.99. 

Needless to say I picked it up and I've fallen head over heels in love with it since I got it home.

I used to have that Line 6 and it was great, In Insane amp mode you can get some crushing metal tones. Also it has a really loud volume for a small amp.

Offline   dalenichol

dalenichol

Expert Guitarist

• PipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • 11 thanks

Yeah those model settings are fantastic for somebody like me who really doesn't know where to begin with all that sorta stuff.

I'm only using it as a practice amp as I'm nowhere near good enough to think about playing live or anything, so the volume is perfect. Good thing is that it would probably do me well at small venues too, if the need ever arises

Offline   Smile

Smile

Master Guitarist

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts
  • 4 thanks
  • LocationSwitzerland

Steam Profile

I have a Fender Mustang II, now I just have to learn to play guitar :)
Posted Image

Offline   Hostilian

Hostilian

Master Guitarist

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts
  • 13 thanks
  • LocationEdinburgh, Scotland

Steam Profile

Donator

Line 6 Spider IV (75) and a Line 6 HD500x.

Gives me plenty of options!  :)

Offline   Flannathir

Flannathir

Medium Guitarist

• Magna Charter
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • 25 thanks
  • LocationDenver, Co
  • PSN:Flannathir

I rebuilt a Univox (1205?) Cabinet from 1970 With 2 12" 350w Peavey Black Widow's 1201-8 BW. My head is an Acoustic B800H. Just a peek at before and after.

Posted ImagePosted Image

More Alice Cooper coming!

Offline   dave

dave

Master Guitarist

• Magna Charter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts
  • 18 thanks
  • Locationnewcastle uk

Donator

Line 6 spider 3 75watt, currently looking for a decent bass amp.

Offline   flummi

flummi

Hardcore Guitarist

• Magna Charter
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • 17 thanks

I've connected my bass and guitar to a mixer using DI boxes and the mixer output goes into my super special soundcard in my PC which has hardware effects and stuff like that, and from there it goes into my hifi system connected to the other soundcard. The hifi takes care of all the amplimifacation. It's not really a proper setup but I never have to rewire anything and it works for me - for the moment.

I also have a little Harley Benson practice amp that I got with my first guitar, but I hardly ever use it. It's kinda screwy.

Edit: one mixer output also goes into the rocksmith cable! Forgot to mention that.

Edited by flummi, 07 May 2014 - 05:19 AM.

Offline   MVega

MVega

Touring Guitarist

• Magna Charter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 785 posts
  • 60 thanks
  • LocationFrance

I bought one of those for my son, awesome little amp. I think his is the 30-watt version.

Offline   dalenichol

dalenichol

Expert Guitarist

• PipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • 11 thanks

It's been really, really great for me in the short time I've had it. Just what I needed

Offline   Kyleb1130

Kyleb1130

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 30 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationIdaho
  • XBOX:KNASTY0069

All i have at the moment is a Marshall MG15CD amp, its small but sounds good. I hope to get a Mesa Triple Rectifier or Mesa Roadking when i get better and get some money to buy it.

Offline   RdBass4

RdBass4

Expert Guitarist

• Magna Charter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • 38 thanks

I used to have a Fender Bassman goldface (late 1950's) amp and cabinet.  It had the warmest sound, especially with new tubes, but had a shocking personality.  But I let it go.  :cry:  Yeah ... I'm a freakin' genius!  Now I just use a small 25w practice amp.

Offline   Raztax

Raztax

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 12 posts
  • 0 thanks

Up until today, I'd always been using the shitty little practice amp that came with my guitar. (value brand set, about £90 all in) Now that I'm starting to progress on guitar, I'd been looking for a new amp to have a play about with and see if that helped me at all. Popped into a local store, similar idea to a pawn shop/cash converters store, and noticed a Line6 Spider IV 15w for £39.99. Needless to say I picked it up and I've fallen head over heels in love with it since I got it home.

I started off with that same amp and loved it. Since then I have moved up to the spider IV 75. Love the huge number of preset tones and the ability to save lots of my own.

Offline   MVega

MVega

Touring Guitarist

• Magna Charter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 785 posts
  • 60 thanks
  • LocationFrance

I was thinking about picking up a new amp -- maybe one of those Vox amps with the massive pedalboard. Then I came across this:

Built in PROGRAMMABLE drums! Weird filter effects! It's like the guy reached into my brain and designed exactly what I've been looking for. Kind of pricey... gonna have to sell one of my guitars.

Offline   Sharkman828

Sharkman828

Hall of Fame Guitarist

• Magna Charter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts
  • 292 thanks
  • LocationVancouver, Canada

Fender Mustang I V2

Offline   Absolution

Absolution

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 47 posts
  • 1 thanks
  • LocationIndianapolis

I took an amplifier out of old PC speakers.  Then I connected two speakers from an old stereo to it and run it through the headphone jack.  I am thinking of using a diode to connect a subwoofer.