Welcome to CustomsForge
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Learn & Play Rocksmith!

Want to play the songs you love? Registration and the use of this website is 100% free.
The only thing you need is a legal copy of Rocksmith 2014 w/ a cable. Click here to buy it.

Having trouble logging in or registering? Please click "Support" below.

Donate

Our end the month goal is up! $105 remaining. Thank you for donating.
We need to hit our goal by the 29th to keep the servers up.
Official Patreon - Facebook - Twitter

We're needing more volunteers for future projects. This includes:
- Laravel Developers (We're looking for a new Lead Developer *PAID*)
--- We need a developer to rewrite our auth code ASAP. Please apply immediately if you can help. ---
- Server Admin (*PAID*)
- Moderators
- C# Developers (& .Net Core)
Please apply here: https://goo.gl/forms/Y1irWCLoqODGKQVr1

Photo

Amps!

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

Offline   Zethlosa

Zethlosa

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 16 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationBrisbane, Australia

Since it hasn't been covered yet what does everyone run when they aren't playing rocksmith? :) i run a Peavey 5150II head and matching cab. GO!

Offline   dazedandbemused

dazedandbemused

Expert Guitarist

• PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • 5 thanks

A line6 pod through headphones. Since I prefer not to be murdered in my bed by my neighbours, it's really the only way.

Offline   carlhurst

carlhurst

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 39 posts
  • 1 thanks
  • Locationmidlands UK

blackstar HTR 1 with a 4x8 Cab

Offline   briefer

briefer

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 24 posts
  • 1 thanks

Blackstar ht-1r. But now that I have Rocksmith I regret of buying it.

Offline   jman64

jman64

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 43 posts
  • 27 thanks
  • LocationPA

I use a EVH 5150 III 50 watt head, and EVH 2x12 cabinet, with a line 6 POD HD500X for effects.

Jay Taylor

Filmmaker/Guitarplayer

www.badferret.com

Offline   Markasaurus

Markasaurus

Beginner Guitarist

• Magna Charter
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • 4 thanks
  • LocationBoise

I picked up a Yamaha G100-210 III for really cheap and am very happy with it. It has a very nice clean and the built in reverb is decent enough. The gain is alright, but I usually have a distortion pedal hooked up as I tend to play a lot of metal.

Offline   ReiRo

ReiRo

Medium Guitarist

• PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • 2 thanks
  • LocationNRW - Germany

I play a Mesa Boogie Mini Rectifier with 1x12 Rectifier Cab and en Engl Fireball with 2x12 Engl Pro Cabinet

Both awesome amps! I also had a Vox AC 15 and would love to get one again at some point.

Offline   PhamNuwen

PhamNuwen

Hardcore Guitarist

• Magna Charter
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
  • 22 thanks
  • LocationItaly

Bass: Zoom B3 into headphones / nearfield monitors, and I absolutely love it.

Guitar: Guitar Rig 5 from Native Instruments, though I don't play as much guitar anymore.

Offline   MVega

MVega

Touring Guitarist

• Magna Charter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 785 posts
  • 60 thanks
  • LocationFrance
  • Rocksmith:Steam

I sold my Vox AC30 a couple years back, since I'm not playing live. I've got an Epiphone Valve Junior still, which is a great little tube amp. I plan to pick up a new multi-effect pedal eventually, maybe one of those Vox amps. But mostly I'm happy practicing with Rocksmith.

Offline   Drift

Drift

Donator

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • 3 thanks

Lol I play RS with my amps.  A couple months ago picked up a Pevey VYPR VIP-3 for guitars and a Fender Rumble 150w combo for Bass.  The Pevey is nice with all the built in effects and emulated AMP/Heads.  Would recommend that in a heartbeat for anyone looking to do a nice Y-slitter setup for a few hundred... it does bass too but the 15"woofer on the fender does bump way more.

Offline   kring

kring

Hardcore Guitarist

• Donator
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • 3 thanks
  • LocationConnecticut, USA

My main amp is a Fender SuperSonic 22, and my practice amp is a VHT Special 6. I also have a small Orange Crush 20DLX that my daughter uses. The Fender is a great amp but it does have a lot of base noise so it can be annoying at low volumes.

Offline   Arsenal

Arsenal

Beginner Guitarist

• Day One Donator
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • 2 thanks

Fender Mustang III.... I blew all of my money on guitars....  :blink:

Offline   FuzzyMuff

FuzzyMuff

Medium Guitarist

• PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • 6 thanks
  • LocationUK

I use a Blackstar ht-5r alongside rocksmith or when the neighbors are home, other times if they're out I may use my Fender Power Chorus, but its so loud I cant really turn it up over 1. I mainly just use the fender as my clean channel and the Blackstar with my pedals for the dirt channel when playing away from rocksmith

Offline   Attitude

Attitude

Jack Of All Trades, Master Of None

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  • 45 thanks
  • LocationThe Land Of Enchantment

Carvin Quad-X Preamp with a Carvin HT 150 for power ( for now ). A homebuilt 212 cabinet loaded with Warehouse Guitar Speakers WGS Reaper on one side and a WGS Green Beret ( Think Celestion Green Back without the mid spike ) on the other.

oEDf6vQm.jpg  I'm Allergic To Stupidity. I Break Out In Sarcasm.

Offline   devindog23

devindog23

Touring Guitarist

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 605 posts
  • 17 thanks
  • Locationthe Sunny Side of Life

Donator

Sadly, I have sold all my amps. :-I I am left with a 15w Marshall practice amp which isn't terrible. My favorite of the amps long gone is a Fender Super 212 tube.

Offline   Daegen

Daegen

Beginner Guitarist

• Donator
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Locationnorth of toronto ontario canada

Donator

i have a few , Marshall Blues Breaker (RE) ,  vox20+, Marshall MG10,  Bronco 40

Offline   naumannf

naumannf

Beginner Guitarist

• Donator
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • 2 thanks

Donator

TC Electronic BG 250-115

Offline   Reptile

Reptile

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationGermany

I use a VOX VT20+ at home and Hugh&Kettner Attax100 with Cab. Although its fun to play along with RS14, the sounds just dont catch up to a real Amp.

Offline   snowdog

snowdog

Master Guitarist

• Day One Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • 13 thanks
  • LocationTottenham (aka Beirut), North London

Donator

I've got a Meridian AK15G, which was dirt cheap. About 40 quid as far as I remember. Doesn't sound great but I have a Digitech RP255 multi-effects pedal which has a shitload of different emulated amps and cabs on it so it can actually sound pretty decent.

I've also got a Marshall 100W bass head (not sure which model, probably says on the back somewhere) and a Peavey 2x15 bass cab. Not sure if the cab still works cos my puddy tat, Georgie Porgie, likes to crawl inside through a whole in the mesh and she has a tendency to chew through wires which is a right pain in the bum lol

Offline   piepesado

piepesado

Touring Guitarist

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts
  • 25 thanks
  • LocationMontevideo, Uruguay

Donator

I currently don't own an amp, yeah it sucks..

I use a Line 6 GX interface and I got Guitar Rig, Amplitube Metal, Pod farm, Peavey revalver and Ampeg Svx for bass.

I wish i was not so computer dependable to play the guitar and I since I want to join a band I will likely be getting an amp.

I'm thinking of a Roland Cube, at least 20w so drums don't kill the sound. I raed so many great reviews about those Cubes.

I also have a keeley modified Metal Zone and a Weeping demon junior wha. I guess I will use this chain, guitar +  metal zone + wha + amp cause for me wha is cooler after the distortion, otherwise the filter effect is much subtle.

PS: I just remembered that I have an amp, a little Marshall MS2 wich I never use