Welcome to CustomsForge Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Learn & Play Rocksmith!

Want to play the songs you love? Registration and the use of this website is 100% free.
The only thing you need is a legal copy of Rocksmith 2014 w/ a cable. Click here to buy it.

Having trouble logging in or registering? Please click "Support" below.

Announcements:

We're in the middle of finishing up Ignition4 development and need your help with donations to keep our development services running. The goal also pays for our servers & other CF services we use. Any amount helps: click here to donate.

Join us on Discord | Facebook | Twitter | Patreon | Merch | Volunteer | Newsletter Issue 10 (Aug) [Special Tool Edition] w/ New Ignition Preview

Photo

The Premiership 2014-2015 Thread

- - - - - football premiership soccer transfers goals

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

Offline   snowdog

snowdog

Day One Donator

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • 13 thanks

Donator

Apparently we've had a bid of £24m for Benatia accepted according to latest rumours. Definitely need some more cover at the back. Can't see us signing Benatia, Blind and Rojo though.

Think Van Persil will be playing next week, at least that's what Van Gaal hinted at earlier on today.

All we need to do is play the way we played our first few pre-season matches. Get that pace and movement back, get that pressing back and have our wing-backs stretch play again. Our last two home matches against Valencia and Swansea we've been too cautious. We need to attack sides again, like we did in the US.

Offline   snowdog

snowdog

Day One Donator

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • 13 thanks

Donator

Well we've had a bit of a disastrous start so far lol. Getting beat by the Swans, drawing with the Mackems and last night we got HAMMERED by MK Dons 4-0 and knocked out of the League Cup.  :wacko:

I've seen various United fans on forums slagging off the system saying that playing 3-4-3 doesn't work in the Premiership but they need to be patient. The main problem is that by changing this system Van Gaal has changed our passing movement, that's why our passes keep going astray. All we need to do is have patience. As Van Gaal has said numerous times it's going to take time.

I'm very confident that in as little time as a few weeks our performances are going to vastly improve, I'm not worried.  B)

Offline   Antithez

Antithez

Hall of Fame Guitarist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts
  • 469 thanks

What's going on with United ? Bring Moyes back.

That must have been hard to watch the game against MK.

Every year it's the same, since the transfert isn't over, we don't really know the quality of each team. 

Kind of a blur period.

The good thing for united is they will not buy Balotelli

He's still the same.

696678PHObe03a13e2deb11e4bdb413afe5f9fbd

Offline   snowdog

snowdog

Day One Donator

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • 13 thanks

Donator

Yup, Liverpool are going to regret that signing.

Latest rumours are that United are going to be signing Blind and Vidal next. If that happens then we could be looking at the following first choice lineup for United:

De Gea

Jones Blind Rojo

Di Maria Vidal Herrera Shaw

Mata

Rooney Van Persil

Blind offering cover for Rojo, Shaw and Vidal. Rojo cover for Blind and Shaw. Di Maria offering cover for Shaw, Herrera and Mata. Herrera offering cover for Vidal and Mata.

Not bad I reckon.

Offline   snowdog

snowdog

Day One Donator

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • 13 thanks

Donator

Team selection for United today:

De Gea

Jones Evans Blackett

Valencia Fletcher Di Maria Young

Mata

Roonster Van Persil

I reckon when Herrera is fit we'll see Di Maria playing as a left wing back, when Shaw is fit we'll see him playing as a right wing back.

Offline   snowdog

snowdog

Day One Donator

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • 13 thanks

Donator

0-0 final score. Not a bad performance, Burnley away has always been a tough fixture for United being a local derby. Di Maria had a pretty good game but took a knock and was taken off as a precaution. The Roonster had a bad game for once and Van Persil isn't quite fit yet. Watching MUTV I can see a few people getting frustrated but a great deal of people don't understand that Van Gaal has made fundamental changes to United's formation, tactics and passing movement and that it's going to take time for the players to get used to things.

Offline   joemac63z

joemac63z

Medium Guitarist

• Donator
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • XBOX:joemac63z

Watched the game today.  I understand that there needs to be time for changes but they looked pretty bad against a team that will probably be relegated.  Rooney & RVP looked lost out there?  No excuse for them to not score at least one goal with those players.

Offline   snowdog

snowdog

Day One Donator

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • 13 thanks

Donator

Well the Roonster had a bad game for once, and I don't think Van Persil is 100% fit. These things happen in local derbies though. We've only won a third of our games at Turf Moor. Plenty of positives to take from the match though - our passing has improved, as has our build up play. We kept a clean sheet too.

Offline   snowdog

snowdog

Day One Donator

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • 13 thanks

Donator

Well that's the transfer window done and dusted. Happy with United's transfer dealings this Summer:

IN

Shaw

Herrera

Rojo

Timothy Mensah

A 17 year old Serbian keeper who's name I've forgotten

Blind

Di Maria

Falcao (year loan with option to buy)

OUT

Michael Keane (loan)

Nick Powell (loan)

Hernandez (loan with option to buy)

Lawrence

Welbeck

No Vidal, so it's looking like Van Gaal is happy with Blind playing in the position he earned his Netherlands Player Of The Year award for until we sign, or attempt to sign, Strootman in January.

Once everyone is fit I can see Van Gaal having the following first choice lineup:

De Gea

Jones Smalling Rojo

Di Maria Blind Herrera Shaw

Mata

Roonster Falcao

I still think we could have done with another central defender but there weren't that many quality central defenders available to buy. Could be that a bid in January for Hummels is on the cards.

Once those players above get used to the new formation, new tactics and most importantly the new passing movement that side above could be capable of winning the Premiership this season, assuming that we don't drop too many more points during the next month or two.

Offline   Shiroo

Shiroo

Kitsune-Sama

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts
  • 116 thanks

#COYG #FOYS

I think that describes me the most. 

Thanks for Danny btw. :P

| The MUSE Project | BABYMETAL DiscographyMY Customs | Rocksmith for 15£ 

"Please, always leave feedback, it helps me to create better customs !

Don't forget to write down your comment and push the thanks button !" 

Offline   snowdog

snowdog

Day One Donator

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • 13 thanks

Donator

No probs, you lot are welcome to our rejects any day  :P

Seriously though, he'll do well there as long as he gets a regular starting place. I've always rated him, particularly his pace and work off the ball. You'll see him scoring and being actively involved in plenty of goals.

Offline   snowdog

snowdog

Day One Donator

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • 13 thanks

Donator

Well a complete fucking disaster for us today, 1-3 up and Battenberg gives a game changing dodgy penalty away...and we ended up falling apart and getting beat 5-3. What a fucking embarrassing result.  :angry:

And another injury at the back too. Bloody typical  :(

Offline   Shiroo

Shiroo

Kitsune-Sama

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts
  • 116 thanks

Shame, 

but I have to say, my weekend was fucking brilliant :D I enjoyed it very much :P

| The MUSE Project | BABYMETAL DiscographyMY Customs | Rocksmith for 15£ 

"Please, always leave feedback, it helps me to create better customs !

Don't forget to write down your comment and push the thanks button !" 

Offline   snowdog

snowdog

Day One Donator

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • 13 thanks

Donator

Bah!!!  :P