Welcome to CustomsForge Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Learn & Play Rocksmith!

Want to play the songs you love? Registration and the use of this website is 100% free.
The only thing you need is a legal copy of Rocksmith 2014 w/ a cable. Click here to buy it.

Having trouble logging in or registering? Please click "Support" below.

Announcements:

We're in the middle of finishing up Ignition4 development and need your help with donations to keep our development services running. The goal also pays for our servers & other CF services we use. Any amount helps: click here to donate.

Join us on Discord | Facebook | Twitter | Patreon | Merch | Volunteer | Newsletter Issue 10 (Aug) [Special Tool Edition] w/ New Ignition Preview

Photo

The Premiership 2014-2015 Thread

- - - - - football premiership soccer transfers goals

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

Offline   Old_Spanner

Old_Spanner

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 21 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • PSN:Old_Spanner

I've been a Liverpool supporter all my life.  Born and raised in Liverpool, football was a way of life when I was a kid.  I've been fortunate enough to stand on the kop watching the likes of Highway, Keegan, Dalglish, Barnes, Rush and many more greats.  One of the best games ever been to was Liverpool v St Etienne in 77

Offline   snowdog

snowdog

Day One Donator

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • 13 thanks

Donator

Just watching MUTV waiting for the Real Madras match to start and they had an advert featuring a clip from Giggsy's first press conference when he took over as manager last season where he jokes about him having just given himself a new 5 year contract. Still makes me laugh out loud when I see it lmfao  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Offline   joemac63z

joemac63z

Medium Guitarist

• Donator
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • XBOX:joemac63z

I think Man u can beat Real  They cant tie because it looks like Roma will have a better goal differential and win on the tiebreaker.  man uhas to win to advance to the championship.

Offline   snowdog

snowdog

Day One Donator

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • 13 thanks

Donator

Should beat them I think, there's no Ronnie as far as we know...but they are playing for pride so you never know, they could surprise us.

No idea of the lineups yet.

Offline   snowdog

snowdog

Day One Donator

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • 13 thanks

Donator

De Gea

M Keane Jones Evans

Valencia Fletcher Herrera Young

Mata

Roonster Welbeck

Good to see Michael Keane getting a start. All of our young defenders have done great so far.  B)

Offline   snowdog

snowdog

Day One Donator

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • 13 thanks

Donator

Wonder why the crowd didn't sing along to the Star Spangled Banner..? Very odd.  :unsure:

Offline   kingADZ12

kingADZ12

Expert Guitarist

• PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  • 22 thanks

I'm watching the MU - RM match right now, gotta say United are looking great.

Check out my Slipknot Discography Project for all your Slipknot needs!

Offline   kingADZ12

kingADZ12

Expert Guitarist

• PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  • 22 thanks

LMAO! Nice dive Bale... Doubt Keane was strong enough to take him down.

Check out my Slipknot Discography Project for all your Slipknot needs!

Offline   snowdog

snowdog

Day One Donator

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • 13 thanks

Donator

2-1 to United at halftime and they deserve to go in ahead. The difference between Van Gaal's United and Moyes' United is just about as much night and day as you can get.

Our fast-paced attacking and counter attacking football is back, our passing movement is back (and the triangles are a little different due to the different formation), our accurate diagonal balls from the center of midfield to either flank is back and we're not only keeping possession better but we're also regaining it pretty quickly once it's lost and we're looking pretty solid at the back too.

I'm trying my best not to get too excited because it's just pre-season but I reckon we've got a good shot at winning the Premiership next season. And that's before we sign anyone else!

Offline   joemac63z

joemac63z

Medium Guitarist

• Donator
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • 0 thanks
Keane is getting eaten alive

Offline   joemac63z

joemac63z

Medium Guitarist

• Donator
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • 0 thanks
Uh oh here comes ronaldo

Offline   snowdog

snowdog

Day One Donator

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • 13 thanks

Donator

Another great performance, albeit against a weakened Real Madras side. So it's United against either the dodgy red scouse gits ( :P ) or the Bitter Blues ( :P ).

I REALLY like some of the football we've been playing since Van Gaal has taken over.  B)

Edit: Ah, didn't realise it was confirmed as the red scouse gits earlier!

Offline   snowdog

snowdog

Day One Donator

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • 13 thanks

Donator

Keane is getting eaten alive

To be fair though that was an U21 regular starter last season vs the most expensive player in the world, and he didn't do that badly lol  :D  :P  :lol:

Offline   jimb008

jimb008

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 18 posts
  • 0 thanks

Hi guys,

Ive joined the fantasy league. Looks like there is only the 2 of us there so far. Hopefully a few more of you guys will join. Maybe if we could get a forum announcement?

Liverpool fan here. Looking forward to winning this "friendly" final tonight

Offline   joemac63z

joemac63z

Medium Guitarist

• Donator
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • 0 thanks

Good idea I will see what I can do.  

Offline   snowdog

snowdog

Day One Donator

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • 13 thanks

Donator

Won't be taking part myself unfortunately. I'm the Kiss Of Death on players with these things, don't want to be responsible for any cruciate ligament injuries!  :blink:

Offline   snowdog

snowdog

Day One Donator

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • 13 thanks

Donator

A pretty poor first half this morning but had the best of play in the second half. 3-1 to United was the final score, goals from Gerrard (pen), Rooney, Mata and Lingard.

I think the main problems for us was that Evans and Fletch were knackered, we played much better when Blackett and Cleverley came on to replace them.

Could have been a draw if Lambert wasn't useless lol  :P  :lol:  :P

Offline   snowdog

snowdog

Day One Donator

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • 13 thanks

Donator

Just thought I'd give this thread a *bump* cos it's all kicking off (I love puns lol) tomorrow.

United have got Swansea at Old Trafford tomorrow, should win it I think. Plenty of injuries so we'll probably see the following lineup:

De Gea

Jones Smalling Blackett

Young Fletcher Herrera James

Mata

Roonster Hernandez

Am quite happy to have both Blackett and James covering for Evans and Shaw because they've deserved to see first team action at some point this season anyway based on their pre-season performances. And Young is probably a better bet to have than Valencia at right wing-back too even if Valencia was fit, again based on pre-season performances.

Rafael is training again but I reckon Young will start ahead of him because he's had more training and match time with the new system even if he is fit to play.

Kick off is at 12:45, can't wait for the season to start!!!  :D  B)  :D

Offline   snowdog

snowdog

Day One Donator

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • 13 thanks

Donator

Well that wasn't a good start lol. Got beat 1-2. Not sure what has happened to our one and two touch football or our pressing. No pace to speak of. Oh well, it can't get much worse lol

Offline   joemac63z

joemac63z

Medium Guitarist

• Donator
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • 0 thanks

Yeah need RVP back and some help on the defensive end.  Still waiting to see if they get Di maria or Vidal before Sept?