GP6 help?

Soguilty21

Question

So I'm at my girlfriends house for the weekend. My computer at home has GP6 on it but hers didn't. My version at home works perfectly but the one I downloaded over at her house is getting on my nerves.

It won't let me export the GP6 file as a GP5 file. The option just doesn't show up. Usually it's above export as MIDI (I think) but there's no GP5 option.

How do I solve this issue?? Do I not have an up to date copy of GP6?? I looked all over google for answers but I couldn't find anything on this topic. Also is there a way to manually update GP6?? The updater on the one I downloaded isn't working.

9 answers to this question

If you wanted, you can set up your computer so that you can remote into it. In Windows this involves:

1. Enabling remote desktop on the PC.

2. Ensuring the computer always uses the same IP address on your home network. You can use a static IP address on the PC, but you have to take measures to ensure that the router doesn't assign that address to another computer that connects to your network. It could be easier to just configure a DHCP reservation on the router, so that it always assigns the same address to your computer.

3. Configure port forwarding so that whenever remote desktop traffic reaches your router from the internet, it's directed to your computer.

4. Use a dynamic DNS service so you can always easily remote into your computer using the same name even though the IP address assigned by your internet service provider changes. DynDNS used to be free, but they eventually had to start charging. No ip (www.noip.com) seems to be free though, but I haven't researched the best free one since I pay for DynDNS. How it works is you install a program on your computer. The program watches your public (as assigned by your ISP) IP address and whenever it changes, it updates your dynamic DNS information so your DNS name (ie. something like myaccount.noip.com) stays up to date.

5. You can go to any Windows computer, open the Remote Desktop utility, enter your dynamic DNS name and log in with your Windows account.

Soguilty is my girlfriends account on here. This one is mine. Um to answer some of the questions it is not a legit copy. I followed the instructions to install it and "register" it.

The one I have on my computer at home works perfectly and can export as gp5 and that one's not a legit copy either. I downloaded that one some time last year I think.

Also the tab shouldn't be protected or whatever cuz I made it myself.

If you wanted, you can set up your computer so that you can remote into it. In Windows this involves:1. Enabling remote desktop on the PC.2. Ensuring the computer always uses the same IP address on your home network. You can use a static IP address on the PC, but you have to take measures to ensure that the router doesn't assign that address to another computer that connects to your network. It could be easier to just configure a DHCP reservation on the router, so that it always assigns the same address to your computer.3. Configure port forwarding so that whenever remote desktop traffic reaches your router from the internet, it's directed to your computer.4. Use a dynamic DNS service so you can always easily remote into your computer using the same name even though the IP address assigned by your internet service provider changes. DynDNS used to be free, but they eventually had to start charging. No ip (www.noip.com) seems to be free though, but I haven't researched the best free one since I pay for DynDNS. How it works is you install a program on your computer. The program watches your public (as assigned by your ISP) IP address and whenever it changes, it updates your dynamic DNS information so your DNS name (ie. something like myaccount.noip.com) stays up to date.5. You can go to any Windows computer, open the Remote Desktop utility, enter your dynamic DNS name and log in with your Windows account.

yeah either that or install Teamviewer on your home pc and use the teamviewer client on your G/F's computer, mush less hassle.

As long as you trust the third party remote control service. Remote desktop is a direct peer to peer connection, whereas simple to use screen sharing/controlling services have both ends connect to a server and the server mediates the connection. It also relies on third party software to be installed on both ends of the connection, but Remote Desktop has been included in the OS since around Windows 2000.