Cdlc for mac

shootallskaters1

Question

Hello,

I started searching yesterday how this cdls work but i don't find any mac tutorial how to do it. Is it so easy as download the rsinjector then download a song for mac and put it in the download folder? I have the song cherub rock so the id must be ok? I tried that but i can only see one cdlc at the same time in the game... An other i can't see in the game. I downloaded songs from the black keys.

15 answers to this question

Do you have Steam open before running RSInjector?  And did you make sure you downloaded the Mac versions of the cDLC?

Mac versions end in "_m.psarc" (so "Black Keys - 10-AM-Automatic_v1_DD_m.psarc" for example).  The PC versions won't work.  If you downloaded PC cDLC stuff and the charter did not upload a Mac version (@@Brooklyn_Sounds usually does though, he's a good charter) then you can use the RS Toolkit to convert them to a Mac version.

If you need help with that, there are tutorials or I can describe the steps for you.

I have downloaded the mac versions from the black keys. From that user 2. I downloaded lonley boy, nova baby, fever and stack shot billy for mac.Stack shot billy znd nova baby i can see in rocksmith 2014 but one at a time if i paste al files i only see 1.

Weird...  are those the only customs you have in the folder?

You should also have the following 4 files:

"cherubrock_m.psarc"

"cherubrock_p.psarc"

"rs1compatibilitydisc_m.psarc"

"rs1compatibilitydlc_m.psarc"

Any other files contained in that folder should be any other DLC you've bought, and your customs, but that's it.

Also, make sure you're putting everything in the "/Users/[yourusernamehere]/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Rocksmith2014/dlc" folder.

That's correct.  As long as Steam and Rocksmith are installed into the default directory (/Users/[yourusernamehere]/Library/Application Support/Steam/) then that's all you have to do.  Open Steam, and then launch RSInjector.  RSInjector will find Rocksmith and launch it.

However, there are some steps that need to be taken first, but it looks like you've already done them if you can get RSInjector to launch.  What I mean is, you have to allow third-party apps to run (Go To System Preference, Security & Privacy, "Allow Apps Downloaded From" to verify) and you have to have administrator rights on your Mac user account.

Maybe also verify that you have read/write permissions for the files you are downloading.  Right-click on a custom file and choose "Get Info" to have a look.

Strange i have seen that rocksmith isn't in my programms folder but i can open it via steam when i push play maybe that is the problem. Files aren't secured when i push on info

It won't be in your apps folder.  The game is installed via Steam, so it will only appear there.  That's why you need RSInjector, as it will launch Rocksmith from the folder I listed above.  That's why Steam, and Rocksmith, have to be installed in that particular folder.

So, if during the installation, you chose to install into a different folder you'll have to uninstall Steam and Rocksmith, and then re-install using the default settings.

Okay al that is oke right folder. But have the same problem then other mac users. The song i see in rocksmith freezes after the tuning

Did you download RSInjector from this site?  If so, try downloading it again.  Maybe it got corrupted somehow.

I'll try it when i get home. Tried yesterday no more freezes but one song at a time is in rocksmith k can play them everything works fine. Is it normal they don't lvl up the begin at hard and stay there only whit rifrepeater you can set the lvl?

Its strange nova baby, stack shot billy work. Maybe something wrong with the link... The ones who work are named black keys and are above the cherub rock psarc files the other are named the black keys and dont work and are under the cherub rock psarc file. Maybe it just takes the first in the list and that is then visable in rocksmith.

I'll try it when i get home. Tried yesterday no more freezes but one song at a time is in rocksmith k can play them everything works fine. Is it normal they don't lvl up the begin at hard and stay there only whit rifrepeater you can set the lvl?Its strange nova baby, stack shot billy work. Maybe something wrong with the link... The ones who work are named black keys and are above the cherub rock psarc files the other are named the black keys and dont work and are under the cherub rock psarc file. Maybe it just takes the first in the list and that is then visable in rocksmith.

No, they should all work.  I have every Black Keys custom uploaded here and they all work and show up in the game.  I have about 350+ customs in my dlc folder, and they all show up in the game at the same time.  The file names themselves don't have any impact, so long as they end in "_m.psarc".  You can even change the filename after playing the song in RS and it will still keep your progress.

Make sure they don't have any of OS X's qualifiers attached to the end of the filename though.  For instance, if you download the same file more than once, OS X will stick a "(2)" on the end of the file to show it's a duplicate.  The game won't load the custom if it has something like that at the end.  It must end in "_m.psarc"

Try either redownloading them (sometimes they get corrupted when downloading) or using the Toolkit to set the AppID to Cherub Rock (again, sometimes they get corrupted).

As for the level, it sort of depends on what skills you've demonstrated in the game and what the Dynamic Difficulty levels are in the tracks.  If it's too hard for you, just keep playing through the song.  It will eventually start taking away notes you aren't hitting.

Not all of the tracks have DD either.  You can tell because the progress bar at the top of the screen is very short, and all orange (instead of the usual ups and downs, and filled in with purple).