Welcome to CustomsForge Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Learn & Play Rocksmith!

Want to play the songs you love? Registration and the use of this website is 100% free.
The only thing you need is a legal copy of Rocksmith 2014 w/ a cable. Click here to buy it.

Having trouble logging in or registering? Please click "Support" below.

Announcements:

We're in the middle of finishing up Ignition4 development and need your help with donations to keep our development services running. The goal also pays for our servers & other CF services we use. Any amount helps: click here to donate.

Join us on Discord | Facebook | Twitter | Patreon | Merch | Volunteer | Newsletter Issue 10 (Aug) [Special Tool Edition] w/ New Ignition Preview

Photo

Where Are We All From? Who Are We? What Brings Us To Rs?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

Offline   Gamut

Gamut

Touring Guitarist

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 888 posts
  • 36 thanks

Steam Profile

• Gamut - In Game
    Rocksmith® 2014 Edition - Remastered
    73.3 hrs last 2 weeks.
    Add Friend

I've been here a while, and I think I'll be here a while longer. Might as well introduce myself properly!

Yo! I'm Gamut, or Jared if you prefer. I'm 25, and I live in Ontario, Canada. In the real world, I'm a web developer and computer wizard by trade. But off the clock, my world is music and video games.

I've been a drummer for 12 years, and across them, I've been in five bands. Some rock bands, some metal bands, a folk band.

My love of music also came out in my choice in video games. I got into rhythm games starting with Dance Dance Revolution, which led into playing Guitar Hero and Rock Band competitively. I firmly believe I have these games to thank for turning my brain into a rhythm machine.

Even before I was a drummer, I wanted to play guitar. Naturally, when they made a rhythm game out of guitar, I borrowed my brother's old beginner axe and picked it up immediately. And once I found out that I could put custom songs in the game, well, I found my way here!

Lead guitarist at heart. Only been playing two years, but I'm impressed at how fast Rocksmith is training me - sometimes I do a shreddy bit and realize, "Wow, I just melted faces, didn't I?"

In terms of other video games, I play a lot of DotA, RPGs, hack and slash, and fighters.

In terms of other hobbies, I also enjoy reading, writing, film, and photography!

Gamut now streaming on Twitch!

Stories, singing, shirtlessness - and lots of SHREDDING!

Gamut on Youtube
Gamut on Twitter
Gamut Customs

~

Come join us in the Rocksmith Championship!

Offline   Palander

Palander

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 17 posts
  • 0 thanks

Steam Profile

Pasi, 40, Finland.

I bought my 1st guitar about 10 years ago, learned few riffs from tabs then retired :). Five years ago I bought a new guitar (better one), learned the same riffs again and retired again.

Few years ago I bought the first RS and was hooked for about 1 month and then retired :). About few weeks ago I started to get into these customs, now I enjoy practicing the songs I love so much that I actually changed the strings and fixed the intonations for the first time to this better guitar :).

As a gaming dad of 2 young male terminators it's not easy to find enough free time for rocksmith but it's the customs that make every minute count.

Offline   ZagatoZee

ZagatoZee

Master Guitarist

• Administrator

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts
  • 39 thanks

Pasi, 40, Finland.

As a gaming dad of 2 young male terminators it's not easy to find enough free time for rocksmith but it's the customs that make every minute count.

If they are not TOO young - grab a kids size guitar or bass and another cable and terminator time becomes family time with Dad. You may need to add in a basic drum for the odd one out to bash on.

Offline   Palander

Palander

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 17 posts
  • 0 thanks

Steam Profile

Pasi, 40, Finland.

If they are not TOO young - grab a kids size guitar or bass and another cable and terminator time becomes family time with Dad. You may need to add in a basic drum for the odd one out to bash on.

Pasi, 40, Finland.

Older one is 4 years and he loves to play RS with my RG320, he may not hit many notes but at least he loves to play. Both like to play with our keyboards too. I kinda own 50% of a drum set too so in a few years (maybe 10 :) ) I have a solid kiddo metal band :D. I also have a cheap Harley Benton SG but even the kids won't touch it, it that bad :D

10394791_535511896579849_395088625850486

Offline   NoonyDeloony

NoonyDeloony

Hall of Fame Guitarist

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts
  • 24 thanks

Steam Profile

@Palander, I've got 2 boys too, 1y/o and a 6 y/o. Surprisingly, the older one cares not one bit about my bass but my 1 y/o, he's well up for plank spanking, a ukulele and mini electric is on the cards for christmas. Hoping that by the time my #1 son gets to his teens he'll realise that playing guitar is cool :) If only my 6 y/o could sit so nicely as your kid and play along side me :)

Mortalo, on 11 Feb 2015 - 11:36 AM, said:

Ok, because of poor results and overall lack of skill @NoonyDeloony gets downgraded to Advanced. She would be forever remembered as shameful person... and then she'll make another charming video and we'll forget about that.

Youtube: https://www.youtube....yDeloony/videos

Twitching bass unskillfully, here: https://www.twitch.tv/noonydeloony

Offline   Chlipouni

Chlipouni

Touring Guitarist

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts
  • 318 thanks

Chlipouni, 45 years old, from Paris (France)

I have got two boys too  ;) (18 y/o and 16 y/o)

I bought a guitar at Christmas 2011 for my oldest son and he played with it only for two weeks  :blink:

I got the guitar and tried to play with it but without music knowledge (only with Youtube videos, one year before the first release of Rocksmith)

I am now a passionate and it reminds me of my teens rocked by the metal music that I can now play in RS ...

I like to make my own CDLCs because the process gives me a bit of knowledge in music theory.

I love this community and try to contribute when I have enough free time.

Online   Tim93

Tim93

Medium Guitarist

• PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • 1 thanks

Cheers Mate!

yep, me either are not gonna write any kind of an novel, hah.

Well anyway, I'm from Finland and i am 21-years old student. Basically i bought the first rocksmith game, because

i wanted to learn play guitar. I have now played for almost 2-years and I can say that

i have gathered some "experience". I'd like to play various types of genres metal, rock, pop and so on.

So that's all.

Online   Tim93

Tim93

Medium Guitarist

• PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • 1 thanks

I'm Evan, hailing from St. Charles, Missouri, age 18.

Probably one of the youngest persons that is subscribed to this site (Beaten by Luiza). Started playing guitar about December 14th, 2013 and have been playing guitar almost every-day since. 

When August 12th, 2014 comes around, you may never see me again for nearly a year or more. I will be long gone, somewhere far, far away as a 68W (Combat Medic) in the U.S. Army. I like a wide variety of music, sticking mostly to the Rock genre, I love cars, and of course; guns.

I love bringing out cdlc for you guys and watching the numbers go up as people appreciate my works, as it gives me the motivation to bring more and more!

The Les Paul is my favourite style of guitar.

Feel free to add me on Steam, as I have a wide variety of games and open to conversate!

Nice Meeting everyone!

Evan

Good luck for the Army!

Be safe of course.

Offline   f3rn4nd0d

f3rn4nd0d

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 12 posts
  • 0 thanks

Hello World

I'm 47, I'm from Madrid, and I've always wanted to play the guitar. When I was 14 I faced a difficult choice, buy a guitar or a videogame, and the latter option won. So I've still wanted to try to shred for many years. And six years ago I decided it was then or never. I purchased a Washburn Wi200 Pro and had small progress but I had a son and I did not have the time for practicing. Some time later I heard about Rocksmith and I knew it was the way to go. I purchased it and had some fun but no regularity at all. 

When Rocksmith 2014 appeared I did the review of it in Applesfera, a well known Spanish blog related to Apple where I write (as well as in Xataka Home and Xataka, other blogs belonging to Weblogs SL group). I've been playing for around 350 hours since then. I like it so much that I did a second review of RS 2014 one year later relating how this year has been in terms of learning and fun. Original review here and review one year later here (in Spanish). Apart of the reviews, I've recommended Rocksmith to a lot of folks at work and all of them are enjoying it very much.

This December I plan to make some custom songs, a new challenge. The Three Wise Men (equivalent to Santa Claus in Spain) are going to bring my son (now he is five) a Ibanez Mikro (already purchased, waiting for some DR Neon strings for it) on Jan the 6th and I hope to have a lot of fun playing with him. 

Have fun, keep on rocking and take care / Fernando