Problems with 2 songs of the same title?

DevXen

Question

I am having issues playing songs that have similar song names.

Nine Inch Nails - Hurt / Johnny Cash - Hurt.

Porbot - Sweet Dreams / Marilyn Manson - Sweet Dreams

The Misfits - Last Caress / Metallica - Last Caress

Def Leppard Love Bites / Halestorm - Love Bites (And So Do I)

Joe Satriani - Cryin'  / Aerosmith - Cryin'

In some cases the Album art/song titles get mixed up in the song list.

like It'll show the Album art for Def Leppard, Say the artist is Def Leppard

But have the title as: Love Bites (And So Do I) . the audio will play Def Leppard.

But if I try to play it, it'll freeze.

Nine Inch Nails - Hurt - Plays audio from the Johnny Cash Version, and also freezes.

Metallica - Last Caress - Plays Metallica, has the correct info, but still freezes, while the

Misfits version isn't in the list.

I've tried to Move these files to a different folder. That hasn't worked.

Has anyone else noticed this? and or have any suggestions on how to fix it?

19 answers to this question

Are all of them customs? Maybe the songs have same arrangement IDs. Import both songs into Rocksmith Toolkit. Select "Arrangements" and "Edit". You'll see an "Arrangement Identification". Copy them to a text file and compare if they are same for different songs.

Not all of them are Custom. The Halestorm is Official, and the Def leppard is Custom. the rest are custom though.

and I don't think I have the toolkit.

Rocksmith does not care about subfolders as far as dlc is concerned. If you need to move a song out, move it to your desktop or something. Yes the same song title thing is an issue.

I'm Allergic To Stupidity. I Break Out In Sarcasm.

Rocksmith does not care about subfolders as far as dlc is concerned. If you need to move a song out, move it to your desktop or something. Yes the same song title thing is an issue.

Yeah I though that would help, and tried it. but that didn't help either. So i was thinking it was a conflict between the song name that rocksmith recognizes of the song its self. not the filename.

Are all of them customs? Maybe the songs have same arrangement IDs. Import both songs into Rocksmith Toolkit. Select "Arrangements" and "Edit". You'll see an "Arrangement Identification". Copy them to a text file and compare if they are same for different songs.

I just got The toolkit. thank you. I'll try that. do i just change the ID to any random number?

ok i did that with the Misfits/Metallica - Last Caress and they are different ID's so that can't be it.

Misfits - Last Caress: 698915805 / EE3191CB92AC4A4FA4499C83E5AFBFF6Metallica - Las Caress: 593534573 / 45676B2475214F808F36BC98C8AA417E 

Are you sure it's not just a shortcoming of the game itself?  Of the approx. 300 official DLC released, none of them have the same title.  Maybe Ubisoft can't figure out how to get 2 songs with the same title into the game either...

Have you tried changing the song names for the customs to something that might not conflict?  So for instance, change Johnny Cash's "Hurt" to "Hurt (cover)"?

Since the toolkit doesn't work very well on Mac, I can't test it out myself, but it would probably involve changing more than just the display name (what RS shows in the song list).  You might have to find and change all references to the song title contained within the package.

Are you sure it's not just a shortcoming of the game itself?  Of the approx. 300 official DLC released, none of them have the same title.  Maybe Ubisoft can't figure out how to get 2 songs with the same title into the game either...

Have you tried changing the song names for the customs to something that might not conflict?  So for instance, change Johnny Cash's "Hurt" to "Hurt (cover)"?

Since the toolkit doesn't work very well on Mac, I can't test it out myself, but it would probably involve changing more than just the display name (what RS shows in the song list).  You might have to find and change all references to the song title contained within the package.

i haven't used the songkit, other than to check the ID a little bit ago, i wouldn't know what all would need to be changed, or how to find it.

i haven't used the songkit, other than to check the ID a little bit ago, i wouldn't know what all would need to be changed, or how to find it.

Yeah, me neither.  I tried to figure it out for you , but as I said, the toolkit doesn't work very well on Mac.  Lots of errors, exceptions, and a long list of features that don't work with the Mac.

Thank you.  Do you know what page of the thread it's on?  I skimmed through it, but couldn't find the fix.

**Edit**

Maybe I found it.... is the fix just to hide the file in the dlc folder?

Ok, Think its better copy paste advice here... :-P

Fast fix for Same Name crashers.Thx for Jansku, smirocsmo 

If anyone choose to avoid crash problem with other same named song without changing game name try this, have tested 2 crashing pair of songs succesfully.

In Toolkit, just change DLC name. (name usually writed “together” for example like:TheBitterEnd.

Change it for example to InsomniumTheBitterEnd. Game name doesn’t change, but crash with other song will be avoided. No change for other song needed, both will work.

So you have to use toolkit for other pair of song... (if you remove other song from dlc folder that's not fix, but other will sure work)...

By the way, If someone can write fix better, more helpful form can copy paste it to my topic. Think its confusing  :-P

I think, not many even know that i have tried to find all crashing same namers and have been listing them since i founded first... 

With help Jansku and smirocsmo figured out how they could be fixed. so that game name won't change.

Its game bug so, i don't report conflicting same namers. Charters song works, and player causes issue by bugging game... :-P

If you want to avoid or/and fix same name crashes just check list of crashers etc its pinned in general topic and not hard to find...

Would be also helpful if people would fix these and send to charters and charter then would upload... if that is done please report to me so i can add them as working same namers. Don't follow or report conflicting same namers. Just too busy, to fix all now and test report and send to charter...

So help is needed. If decide to fix and test it works... try to communicate with charter. Mostly they listen to reason. Fixing even one means less confusing crashes for many. Less false reports for not working songs for charter.

Also if you find more conflicting same namers, or working combos just contact to me...

Nowdays you can find many same named songs that works... When i started to find cure for issue founded only 2. Anothers maker was real shaman.  :-P

So, thx for charters for resetting dlc names less conflicting. 

But have the title as: Love Bites (And So Do I) . the audio will play Def Leppard.

Nine Inch Nails - Hurt - Plays audio from the Johnny Cash Version, and also freezes.

Metallica - Last Caress - Plays Metallica, has the correct info, but still freezes, while the

Tested Hurt combo and Sweet Dreams combo; both will work.You must have out of date updates. Some charters have started to fix these conlicts and that's great thing... listed them as working same namers. Cryin' was alreasy listed not workingc combo... rest can't test. Listed such...

Tested Hurt combo and Sweet Dreams combo; both will work.You must have out of date updates. Some charters have started to fix these conlicts and that's great thing... listed them as working same names. Cryin' was alreasy listed not workingc combo... rest can't test. Listed such...

You know what, it could of been ProBot - Sweet Dreams, and Eurythmics, or Roy Buchanan (Official DLC) I'll test them and get back to ya.

and I'm not sure what Update I'm on. 7 I think. - I did get cryin' to work however, by changing the file name of one to Cryin' and one to Cryin  (I noticed the problem appeared when i made them both the same name. though that could of just been a coincidence)

You know what, it could of been ProBot - Sweet Dreams, and Eurythmics, or Roy Buchanan (Official DLC) I'll test them and get back to ya.

and I'm not sure what Update I'm on. 7 I think. - I did get cryin' to work however, by changing the file name of one to Cryin' and one to Cryin  (I noticed the problem appeared when i made them both the same name. though that could of just been a coincidence)

Reports for working combos, and not working are welcome, test (if i can(can't test every official or removed dlc that i don't have)) and list them.

By Update i tried to mean song update.

Good you succeed to fix cryin. By the way... Jansku changed "prename"... meaning cryin should named (toolkit(DLC Name)) like artistnamecryin' not cryinxxxxxx. Not sure if its matter, but it can. So few testers for this issue. 

Edit:

Direct file name change effects are uncertain to me (remember that I tested file name change too without success) but if you will test those more and see it really works ...  i could test that fix again and add that fix too to my topic.