Rocksmith 2014 sales and Amazon ranking

Joe

Question

I've kept an eye on Amazon RS2014 sales and today is the first time, IIRC, that I've seen it out of the top 20 for Xbox 360. As of this writing it's at #21. 

Considering that RS2014 has been out more than seven months, you'd think it would be hailed as a spectacular success. Besides the additional money from DLC sales, the Rocksmith team is presumably much smaller than the staffs of many of the games that have come and gone in the interim.

The only info I can find on sales is a February statement from the company that RS2014 had "lower-than-expected sales." So, what's the deal? Wouldn't a game that ranked that highly for that long be considered a hit? 

For the love of god, people, no bitching/whining/complaining. If you don't like something, either state it constructively...or keep it to yourself.

• Administrator

For a different perspective : http://steamcharts.com/app/221680#All

It's only PC/MAC user but the consistent number of player is nothing to be ashamed of compared to other game.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

In Finland I tried to buy RS2014 in several game shops, but none had it on the shelf. I ended up buying it from an internet store. I haven't seen to date any adds of RS2014 in Finland. But come to think of it, it should be sold on music stores also, since you'll need the guitar also.

Rocksmith is a pretty unknown game here in Finland I gotta say. When the first one came here, I pre-ordered it from GameStop. When I went to pick it up on release date, I was literally the only one, who had pre-ordered it. They had to go through all of their new shipment boxes from that day to find the damn game. Haven't seen any ads here and the availability is really sporadic. Most game stores don't have it, but some deparment stores might have it. Even some stores, that don't really sell any games, like Clas Ohlson. Also one local music store sold the first one for a discount price. 

Shame, that the game hasn't got much attention here. It should get much more. Maybe with the next-gen versions?