Welcome to CustomsForge Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Learn & Play Rocksmith!

Want to play the songs you love? Registration and the use of this website is 100% free.
The only thing you need is a legal copy of Rocksmith 2014 w/ a cable. Click here to buy it.

Having trouble logging in or registering? Please click "Support" below.

Announcements:

$329 left in our donation goal. Any amount helps: click here to donate.

Join us on Discord | Facebook | Twitter | Patreon | Merch | Volunteer | Newsletter Issue 10 (Aug) [Special Tool Edition] w/ New Ignition Preview

Photo

Mediafire Survey.

- - - - -

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
31 replies to this topic

Poll: Mediafire (122 member(s) have cast votes)

Are you experiencing any issues with Mediafire?

1. Yes (40 votes [32.79%])

Percentage of vote: 32.79%

2. No (82 votes [67.21%])

Percentage of vote: 67.21%

Vote

Offline   blackbirddh

blackbirddh

Hardcore Guitarist

• PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • 11 thanks

I am using AdBlockPlus and NoScipt in Firefox which gives me perfect control on what scripts are running at least from my perception. Firefox is a bit slow though if you use a lot of tabs. For Downloading I use DownThemAll which works with most of the providers.

You can use OneDrive as an alternative for sharing files. Microsoft is very strict on data privacy. And for me it works pretty well usability wise.

I got captcha's but not very often. With the above config I never got any popups. I had to allow skripts from mediafire, but have not allowed any other scripts in order to be able to download files.

Rock On,

Blackbird

Rock hard!

Offline   TomSawyer2112

TomSawyer2112

Freebird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts
  • 129 thanks

Never got the slightest popup, nor any other annoyance from mediafire, that's why I use it.

I mainly use for the .parc files

But the problems may come from the browser,

I don't know if there are still people using Iexplorer, Chrome is ok except its Google, NSA friends.

I use Opera, Firefox seems alright too.

Offline   Liquidlizard

Liquidlizard

A Real Lizard

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 934 posts
  • 418 thanks
  • Liquidlizard
  • PSN:Liquidlizar

Donator

I've never had a problem with Mediafire... I like it alot better than many others. Never used any form of adblock. But due to people having problems, I have switched to posting my cdlcs on copy.com

Offline   MilkmanDan

MilkmanDan

Touring Guitarist

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 611 posts
  • 60 thanks

Donator

Mediafire worked OK for me with paranoid-mode Firefox (Adblock Plus, NoScript, cookie whitelist, etc.).

I'm now mostly switched to Chrome, and even with Adblock Plus I was getting frequent popups (or actually pop-unders) from Mediafire.  Solved that by adding "Poper Blocker" (yes, with that misspelling) extension.

For the few customs that I've done, I just use Google Drive.  Not a big fan of their buddy-buddy NSA status, but the one-stop-shop for YouTube playthrough uploads, what used to be Picasa for screenshots, etc. etc. sure is easy.

-----------------------------

Milkman Dan

My YouTube channel  (bass playthrough videos)

My Customs Download Folder  (my customs)

Offline   ZagatoZee

ZagatoZee

Master Guitarist

• Administrator

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts
  • 39 thanks

I'm also a big user of copy.com (for a lot more than just CDLC)

Reasons?

The convenience of Dropbox (folder on your computer that auto syncs over devices and to the net), with significantly better features. More free space for starters (15 gig) +5 gig additional per referral.

If you have a 5 gig folder shared between 5 people, it only counts as 1 gig from each of your space allocations - unlike drop box where it counts as 5 gig for each person. Is it perfect, no. But it seems to be one of the better options available today. The referral system is just a little more clunky than it needs to be for eg and the iPad app is a little frustrating.

Between the Anvil and here, I've had a bit over 2000 downloads of CDLC from copy and seen 1 complaint.

https://copy.com?r=VG44SE - referral code/link should anyone want to claim a free 20 gig (15+5 bonus) account, I'll also gain an additional 5 gig from you using it.

Offline   Atrimn

Atrimn

Expert Guitarist

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • 2 thanks

Sometimes I get popups even with adblock on but I just close them.

Offline   kingADZ12

kingADZ12

Expert Guitarist

• PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  • 22 thanks

Voted no, then again I have a MF business account so I never even see the download page.

Sorry but that gif... LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!

Check out my Slipknot Discography Project for all your Slipknot needs!

Offline   TheBestAlex

TheBestAlex

Master Guitarist

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts
  • 43 thanks

Steam Profile

Donator

Switched to Dropbox. I've never had problems with Mediafire though.

TheBestAlex's CDLC Workshop

Discography Project

Vote on new content!
Suggestions are welcome.

Offline   Nich

Nich

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 22 posts
  • 1 thanks

I maybe grabbed 50 or 60 songs from Mediafire this afternoon.

Firefox, adblock, noscript, etc.

I got one, maybe two, that asked me for a captcha entry.

Offline   Tunalic

Tunalic

Beginner Guitarist

• Donator
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • 0 thanks

Donator

Pop ups and a 1 time auto download of an .exe file detected as a virus and quarantined by my antivirus has been my experiences. I have learned to be extremely careful when downloading from the site!

Offline   alidan

alidan

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • 0 thanks

I use alot of sites with mediafire. 

- Popups *Even with Adblock*
this usually only happens if you click somewhere on the page, generally the site is clean all the time

- Download limits
there are no real download limits that i hit, im in the us, so it may be a country by country thing

- Captcha's
this pops up only when you try to download something like 10 or so small files or one massive one, and its generally 1 per 200mb-500mb~

- Broken files.
broken as in corrupt or broken as in not there anymore? 
broken as in corrupt is rare, broken as in gone is due to mediafire doing blanket filename checks and flagging things for "this has a song name, or is a popular thing to pirate" kind of deal. its also easy to flag something on mediafire, at least more so than other sites, though that may just be because mediafire is one of the easiest media host places to use. 

Offline   Teinashu

Teinashu

Lord of Hunger.

• Administrator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 908 posts
  • 375 thanks
  • XBOX:Teinashu

Donator

Thank you for all the feedback. It seems that 1/3 of the users here, are experiencing some issue while downloading from Mediafire.  

Mediafire will still be allowed for usage. It's up to the Charters to choose whether or not to change to a different host.

Thanks again!

Community Admin | Send me a message if you are having trouble with something | Teinashu's Hall of Glory
Steam -