Welcome to CustomsForge Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Learn & Play Rocksmith!

Want to play the songs you love? Registration and the use of this website is 100% free.
The only thing you need is a legal copy of Rocksmith 2014 w/ a cable. Click here to buy it.

Having trouble logging in or registering? Please click "Support" below.

Announcements:

We're in the middle of finishing up Ignition4 development and need your help with donations to keep our development services running. The goal also pays for our servers & other CF services we use. Any amount helps: click here to donate.

Join us on Discord | Facebook | Twitter | Patreon | Merch | Volunteer | Newsletter Issue 10 (Aug) [Special Tool Edition] w/ New Ignition Preview

Photo

The World Cup Thread

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

Offline   fripponomic

fripponomic

Stratist

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,097 posts
  • 159 thanks

but in the end Germany gonna win that cup :-P

...maybe

Offline   TomSawyer2112

TomSawyer2112

Freebird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts
  • 129 thanks

Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, France in the quarter finals. Old Europe still at the top of football. And amidst, my country, shame of the game. :(

Offline   TomSawyer2112

TomSawyer2112

Freebird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts
  • 129 thanks

Allez les Bleus

Beware of the German Keeper flying out in the field. Gives me an awful déjà vu of 1982 

Offline   snowdog

snowdog

Day One Donator

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • 13 thanks

Donator

This world cup is crazy fun. 

Sorry for Costa Rica, snowdog, but you still have 2 teams on and Columbia is pretty impressive. 

They have their chances against Brazil.

Allez les Bleus

Well you never know. We're in the knockout stages now so anything can happen lol. On their day I think Costa Rica are capable of beating any one of the sides left, they've got a decent keeper and a good goalscorer in Campbell.

This World Cup is a really odd one so far, you usually have games played a lot more defensively and as a result you normally get the lower quality sides knocked out of the competition by now...but this World Cup we've seen open games and plenty of attacking football, drama and excitement.

Definitely possible for Costa Rica to win it, they're just 3 matches away from lifting the trophy...although it's not very likely lol

This is by far the best World Cug I've ever seen, and I'm an old git (44 in October!) so I've seen a good few lol.  :-P  :mrgreen:

Offline   Longstreet

Longstreet

The Creepy One

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • 14 thanks

After last nights Netherland Vs. Costa Rica match i've gained bout 20 grey hairs and imma die 20 years earlier. Bloody hell.

pedobear_signature_by_mryoso901-d3k1ad4.

My workplace
I Did Not Have Sexual Relations With That Woman. Yet.

Offline   snowdog

snowdog

Day One Donator

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • 13 thanks

Donator

Yup, was pretty nerve wracking lol. Oh well, just one bet left. Netherlands at 25/1. Van Gaal has been absolutely spot on with his tactics and especially his substitutions so far. Am going to be very pleased to see him in charge of United next season I think. Am quite confident that we're going to continue our outstanding record of not going longer than 1 season without a trophy since 1990.  :mrgreen:

Offline   Nacholede

Nacholede

Heisenberg

• 2,631 posts
  • 295 thanks

I was hoping Costa Rica to win the match against Netherlands 

But well...we have a match against a tough opponent. Argentina Vs Netherlands is gonna be an awesome one! 

9A7alLl.jpg

Offline   dalenichol

dalenichol

Expert Guitarist

• PipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • 11 thanks

I'd be inclined to like Holland a little more if Robben wasn't so obvious with his dives. Spoils such a great player, but for some reason he always seems to get away with it.

My money is still on Germany for the tournament. Them or Argentina, but I think the Germans will just about edge it

Offline   Longstreet

Longstreet

The Creepy One

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • 14 thanks

Like 90% of the people bitch about Robben now because he actually admitted in an interview he dove once. What those foreign papers dont meantion is that, that was at the end of the first half (IIRC) NOT the fall he got the penalty for. You could clearly see the opponents foot got in the way.

He didnt dove once against costa rica. Damn one time he got double swiped by two guys.

pedobear_signature_by_mryoso901-d3k1ad4.

My workplace
I Did Not Have Sexual Relations With That Woman. Yet.

Offline   snowdog

snowdog

Day One Donator

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • 13 thanks

Donator

I don't think that Germany have much chance of winning it. They may get to the Final (because Neymar has carried Brazil this far practically on his own and is out for the rest of the competition), but the forward players from both Argentina and the Netherlands should tear their slow defenders to pieces. Way too much pace for them to handle imo.

Argentina would have to be major favourites to win the World Cup, Di Maria and Messi should be enough to beat any side left in the competition...including the Netherlands, worst luck for me lol  :mrgreen:

Offline   Squarc

Squarc

Expert Guitarist

• PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • 3 thanks

I'm Brazilian. But guys, I hate World cup here. We need other things. And I completely hate Neymar, because he it's exactly the image that everybody sees and stays blind to the things that we need. Besides my family it's descendant of Germans,Italians and Spanish. And until today we carry those surnames, with proud and respect. As I am the last one of four alive with the full name. So, I'm with my lineage. Deutschland zum Sieg!  

ptc5.jpg

Offline   snowdog

snowdog

Day One Donator

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • 13 thanks

Donator

Fucking hell, 5-0 up. Wasn't expecting that lmfao. Germany might make that double figures...only 32 minutes gone  :shock:

Offline   dazedandbemused

dazedandbemused

Expert Guitarist

• PipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • 5 thanks

Miroslav Klose has now scored as many goals in the last 4 World Cups as England.

Offline   snowdog

snowdog

Day One Donator

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • 13 thanks

Donator

Lol, 7-1 final score lmfao  :shock:  :mrgreen:

Unbelievable. The winners of the second Semi Final will win the competition though I think. Both the Netherlands and Argentina have too much pace for the German defence to deal with imo.

Offline   luiza

luiza

Ex-Staff Member

• PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • 5 thanks
  • XBOX:luizaq

i live in brazil.

i didnt watch the game,recently woke up with a fuckton of fireworks.

i guess they had to use it somehow.

Offline   Olorin

Olorin

Expert Guitarist

• PipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts
  • 14 thanks

well im from germany and i always bet agains germany no matter who the play agains. But in that games i first though that will be a hard match, a good match. But that?

Srsly German kills Brazil. Sad damn Sad for Brazil. But i still hope germany will lose agains Netherland at the Finals.

Offline   Nacholede

Nacholede

Heisenberg

• 2,631 posts
  • 295 thanks

I just hope Argentina beats Netherlands tomorrow...but if we face against Germany on the finals...i think we're getting our asses kicked 

9A7alLl.jpg

Offline   Olorin

Olorin

Expert Guitarist

• PipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts
  • 14 thanks

I dont know argentina is a good team no question about it. But if Netherland will win the Finals, Trust me Hell breaks out in german and i will see it.

Offline   dazedandbemused

dazedandbemused

Expert Guitarist

• PipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • 5 thanks

Posted Image

Offline   papillon

papillon

Master Guitarist

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts
  • 32 thanks

But i still hope germany will lose agains Netherland at the Finals.

don't be so negative ;)