Welcome to CustomsForge Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Learn & Play Rocksmith!

Want to play the songs you love? Registration and the use of this website is 100% free.
The only thing you need is a legal copy of Rocksmith 2014 w/ a cable. Click here to buy it.

Having trouble logging in or registering? Please click "Support" below.

Announcements:

We're in the middle of finishing up Ignition4 development and need your help with donations to keep our development services running. The goal also pays for our servers & other CF services we use. Any amount helps: click here to donate.

Join us on Discord | Facebook | Twitter | Patreon | Merch | Volunteer | Newsletter Issue 10 (Aug) [Special Tool Edition] w/ New Ignition Preview

Photo

Headphone recommendations

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Offline   michigan0626

michigan0626

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 21 posts
  • 0 thanks
I am just getting started on Rocksmith with a bass guitar. Looking for recommendations for a set of headphones that really lets the bass guitar shine. Not some over amplified, feel in the chest, bass drum thumpers.

Spending maybe an hour looking online the Audio-Technica ATH-M50x's are highly reviewed. Only cost $150. There is also a Blutooth version I could get for casual music listening.But I want something that will make the bass guitar pop on Rocksmith.

Thanx

Offline   Rockfirstlast

Rockfirstlast

Hall of Fame Guitarist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts
  • 324 thanks

I have the MX40 which is similar.

No problems here; the music sounds as it should.

Offline   firekorn

firekorn

Done Nothing for the Community

• Administrator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,152 posts
  • 585 thanks

Donator

@michigan0626 Avoid BT at all cost for RS. BT can't offer less than 100ms of latency in its current state and should be avoided for any latency sensible situation.

As for finding good headphones, i can only suggest to search through https://www.rtings.com/headphones
they offer the best most scientific and complete review you can ever think of.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

Offline   michigan0626

michigan0626

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 21 posts
  • 0 thanks
The M50X Bluetooth allows for corded connections. Does this make them still a viable option? The Bluetooth aspect wouldnt be utilized for RS14.

Offline   firekorn

firekorn

Done Nothing for the Community

• Administrator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,152 posts
  • 585 thanks

Donator

Yeah but i'd be careful cause the BT version of the M50X seems worse than the M50X on quite a few important area (not by a big margin though but still)

They have a good audio reproduction, which isn’t as great as the wired equivalent, but their build is practically the same, making the M50xBT quite comfortable and durable headphones. They have an excellent battery life, but their compatible app doesn’t offer much, which is disappointing. They also have too much latency to watch video content, but on the upside, they can also be used passively with the included audio cable and get rid of the latency issues, even if the battery is dead.

https://www.rtings.c...nica/ath-m50xbt

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

Offline   SlaughterMasta

SlaughterMasta

Master Guitarist

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts
  • 49 thanks

I own the Audio-Technica MX50's non BT version. In my opinion they are the best audio headphones I have EVER used, they were worth every penny. I have used almost every other brand of headset/headphones (excluding Turtle Beach and Bose) and the Audio-Technicas blow all off them away when it comes to audio quality through headphones, as far as I am concerned. I am also with Firekorn that you should avoid BT whenever it comes to audio devices.

Offline   TomSawyer2112

TomSawyer2112

Freebird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts
  • 129 thanks

How about the aspect of comfort, I tried almost all possible, and there is only one Trademark which full fills my requirements : Bose.

I can use them for hours even during summer heat, I even sometimes forget that I'm wearing them...

Sound quality is also very good, moderate in bass as well as highs, don't forget that too much extremes may deter your hearing ability.

You may think that's unimportant, when young, but you may regret it later...

And yes, RS needs cable connection.

Offline   michigan0626

michigan0626

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 21 posts
  • 0 thanks

What do you think of the ATH-MSR7NC? Their rting critical listening scores are almost the same. The MSR7NC are noise canceling. They are $299, but amazon has them on sale for $177. I wanted to stay around $150, but if these might be better, I would drop the extra dough.

Audio46 has a head to head comparison write up, but it is for the non-noise canceling MSR7.

Offline   The_Kid_Salami

The_Kid_Salami

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks

AKG K240.  Best studio headphones ever.  As accurate of a set of headphones as you'll ever find.  No fake treble or boosted bass.