Welcome to CustomsForge Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Learn & Play Rocksmith!

Want to play the songs you love? Registration and the use of this website is 100% free.
The only thing you need is a legal copy of Rocksmith 2014 w/ a cable. Click here to buy it.

Having trouble logging in or registering? Please click "Support" below.

Announcements:

We're in the middle of finishing up Ignition4 development and need your help with donations to keep our development services running. The goal also pays for our servers & other CF services we use. Any amount helps: click here to donate.

Join us on Discord | Facebook | Twitter | Patreon | Merch | Volunteer | Newsletter Issue 10 (Aug) [Special Tool Edition] w/ New Ignition Preview

Photo

Can you name the song that piqued your interest in guitar?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

Offline   bustakun

bustakun

Expert Guitarist

• PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  • 14 thanks
For me I think it was hearing classical music played on guitar, probably Flight of the bumble bee.

Offline   iminashi

iminashi

Master Guitarist

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 387 posts
  • 60 thanks

I guess for me it was Daita.

Offline   Mad_Duck

Mad_Duck

Hardcore Guitarist

• Donator
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  • 10 thanks

1.Thrill is Gone

2.Comfortably Numb

3.The first 10 seconds from "Whipping Boy - Ben Harper" was the first time I absolutely NEEDED to know the 'Guitar's' specifications.

md_sig-e1431714006358.jpg

Offline   Puddle Of Mudd

Puddle Of Mudd

Medium Guitarist

• PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • 2 thanks

Not a single song, but it was Zakk Wylde's soloing and stuff that I watched some years ago got me to believe I should pick up on the guitar as a hobby to have fun.

Offline   Kobra Kid

Kobra Kid

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks

The band My Chemical Romance, specifically the song Cemetery Drive made me pick up the guitar. I love that band to the point that it's not healthy.

Offline   boommie

boommie

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks

I always loved the song by the kinks, You really got me...but when I heard eddie do it.  It blew my mind.  Then i heard everything that eddie did and went...wow.  I will never be that good but it does entertain me to try.  I really found peace and stress relief when I pick up my acoustic and play for a bit.  I love to just strum and play.  I know that my wife loves it when I have certain songs just for her, even though it is pretty bad singing but it makes her laugh and it is for her.

Offline   boommie

boommie

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks

I always loved the song by the kinks, You really got me...but when I heard eddie do it.  It blew my mind.  Then i heard everything that eddie did and went...wow.  I will never be that good but it does entertain me to try.  I really found peace and stress relief when I pick up my acoustic and play for a bit.  I love to just strum and play.  I know that my wife loves it when I have certain songs just for her, even though it is pretty bad singing but it makes her laugh and it is for her.

Offline   Nick K.

Nick K.

Master Guitarist

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts
  • 5 thanks
  • XBOX:No xbox

Muse's Knights Of Cydonia. Idk it instantly impressed me with its musical and tonal variety. Plus the last 1 and a half minute riff is freakin badass!

My CDLC ! 

I usually release about 2 CDLC a month, because I like to take my time and make them as good as I can for the benefit of everyone interested in them ;)

Offline   screamn4444

screamn4444

Beginner Guitarist

• Donator
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks

Don't know if it's already been said but, Dream Theater - Best Of Times. I'll probably never be at that level, but it's just such a beautiful solo.

Offline   GothicRockerVulp

GothicRockerVulp

Beginner Guitarist

• Donator
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • 1 thanks

first soung was Roxxette I lvoe the sound of crashing guitars   i so wish i could learn to play this song and there other one Harley and Indianans 

I will allways be Unforgivin for i can not forgive my self