Welcome to CustomsForge Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Learn & Play Rocksmith!

Want to play the songs you love? Registration and the use of this website is 100% free.
The only thing you need is a legal copy of Rocksmith 2014 w/ a cable. Click here to buy it.

Having trouble logging in or registering? Please click "Support" below.

Announcements:

Our July donation goal is up! Thank you for all who contributed for June. click here to donate. Any Amount helps!

Join us on Discord | Facebook | Twitter | Patreon | Merch | Volunteer | Newsletter Issue 8 (June)

Photo

Why do we need 2 lines per song when parsing?

3 replies to this topic

Offline   cfg

cfg

Medium Guitarist

• PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • 0 thanks

[2019/02/22 19:02:55]:  - Parsing song data from: ...\Rocksmith2014\dlc\The Agonist_Business Suits and Combat Boots_NA_p.psarc
[2019/02/22 19:02:55]:  - The Agonist_Business Suits and Combat Boots_NA_p.psarc parsing took: 11 (msec)

Log file is twice as long.

Both lines repeat the song name.

"Parsing song data from:" is redundant info as we know they are being parsed.

When reading the lines as they are read, "Parsing song data from:" doesnt allow to read the alphabetical order. It only used to show 1 line in previous versions and it was helpful as user could see where the parsing progress was alphabetically.

Line 1 only says name.

Line 2 says name and time.

I would only use line 2!

Offline   coldrampage

coldrampage

Praise yohane

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • 22 thanks
  • Coldrampage2
  • Coldrampage#4963
  • XBOX:BITEsizeNINJA24

Steam Profile

The first one says the file being is being parsed and the second one says when its finished. Say it crashes during this process and you only have the first line you can assume it was that songs fault.

As for parsing alphabetically I guess it does it by filename not by song name 

Although I'm no dev and I'm just guessing here.

OK at Everything but not good at anything, well its OK I guess. This is just another thing I'm having a go at.

My todo list (although I mostly just make whatever)

Modding thread

200 songs hype

Offline   cozy1

cozy1

Master Peon

• Developer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts
  • 202 thanks

Parsing info is logged for debugging use.  Click on 'Hide Log' in the lower left corner if you would rather not see the Log.

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

Offline   cfg

cfg

Medium Guitarist

• PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • 0 thanks

If you only have 1 line and it stops there, you know it was that song. There is no need to say Finish this song and then say Start next song. Again, its redundant.

I was happy seeing the log when it was 1 line, as I could see the scan progress.

Reply to this topic