CDLC 5-Star Package Rating System

cozy1

• Developer

There is a new toy to try out in the CFSM Beta Version.  Long awaited and much requested 5-Star CDLC Package Rating System.  Now you can rate CDLC.  The rating is saved locally to the user's CDLC.  Charters may use CFSM to pre-rate their CDLC before posting to Ignition.  

Pre-rated CDLC will show in CFSM, otherswise CDLC will have zero stars until the user chooses to rate it.  Users can always up/down rate CDLC locally that have been pre-rated by a charter.  ODLC are always 5-Stars unless user decides to down rate.  Package Ratings are filterable and sortable, so you can see just 4-Star CDLC if you want in CFSM.

Enjoy responsibly and show your appreciation.  Keep those beer donations coming on my website.

You can find a link to the CFSM Beta in my signature line below.

• Like 3

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

Cool thing.

Thanks!

I really hope that is gonna be used by the downloaders. Sadly leaving feedback on the songs page is NOT, as we know.

I fear a bit there will only be 0-star (unrated) and 5-stars (rated by the charter) ... but let´s see.

Thinking further what would be really really an improvement would be a DIFFICULTY RATING for the paths -

If the charter could set ratings from 1(very easy) to 10(God of Guitar), and maybe users could up/downrate that would make really sensible searchable fields in Ignition.

That kind of difficulty rating is already available for ~1000 songs from the championships!

• Like 2

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

Cool thing.

Thanks!

I really hope that is gonna be used by the downloaders. Sadly leaving feedback on the songs page is NOT, as we know.

I fear a bit there will only be 0-star (unrated) and 5-stars (rated by the charter) ... but let´s see.

One problem is that people that upload cdlc isn't automatically following their own cdlc page, so they don't see it if you leave feedback. I wouldn't go back and check for comments on my uploaded cdlc if i didn't follow them either, i would just forget. I follow all my own uploads, and all the cdlc i download.

I have left constructive feedback on certain uploaders cdlc many times, but i have never had a reply, i don't know if it's because they like to upload subpar cdlc full of mistakes, if their ego is too big to fix mistakes on it, or if they just don't know i have posted suggestions on how to improve the cdlc.

Having the charter rate their own cdlc shouldn't be necessary imo, i wouln't uppload my own cdlc if i rated it poorly, because then i know what's wrong with it and would fix it, or abandon the entire thing.

Would it be a lot of work to make uploaders follow their own cdlc by default?

• Like 2

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

Cool thing.

Thanks!

One problem is that people that upload cdlc isn't automatically following their own cdlc page, so they don't see it if you leave feedback. I wouldn't go back and check for comments on my uploaded cdlc if i didn't follow them either, i would just forget. I follow all my own uploads, and all the cdlc i download.

I have left constructive feedback on certain uploaders cdlc many times, but i have never had a reply, i don't know if it's because they like to upload subpar cdlc full of mistakes, if their ego is too big to fix mistakes on it, or if they just don't know i have posted suggestions on how to improve the cdlc.

Having the charter rate their own cdlc shouldn't be necessary imo, i wouln't uppload my own cdlc if i rated it poorly, because then i know what's wrong with it and would fix it, or abandon the entire thing.

Well, i´ve done ~75 CDLCs and i´ve got ~25000 downloads...... and i have gotten about 5 (!!!!) comments with constructive feedback (or any feedback more than "thx - sooo cool") .....

So responsibility here is on the players, not the charters i fear - noone cares to go back and try to make the thing better.

Making the charter autofollow yes, +1 but it´s only one click and i do it automatically when checking the songs post after upload.

I aggree with the self-rating by the charter - there will be only 5 (and some 4 stars), and as noone comes back that is gonna be it i fear.

I have thought about it yesterday for long - 2 of my customs i would have rated 3 stars because of some errors in the solos i just cannot chart myself to perfection, but when a song is gonna be marked 3 stars - i fear that scream for help is gonna go up in smoke and will lead to just the cdlc being avoided for poor quality  :( - but i will try.

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

Cool thing.

Thanks!

Well, i´ve done ~75 CDLCs and i´ve got ~25000 downloads...... and i have gotten about 5 (!!!!) comments with constructive feedback (or any feedback more than "thx - sooo cool") .....

So responsibility here is on the players, not the charters i fear - noone cares to go back and try to make the thing better.

Making the charter autofollow yes, +1 but it´s only one click and i do it automatically when checking the songs post after upload.

I aggree with the self-rating by the charter - there will be only 5 (and some 4 stars), and as noone comes back that is gonna be it i fear.

I have thought about it yesterday for long - 2 of my customs i would have rated 3 stars because of some errors in the solos i just cannot chart myself to perfection, but when a song is gonna be marked 3 stars - i fear that scream for help is gonna go up in smoke and will lead to just the cdlc being avoided for poor quality  :( - but i will try.

I don't have many comments on my cdlc either. But i messaged a guy about his cdlc, and he didn't know he had to follow his cdlc to see the comments. So i thought maybe there are more like him.

Most of my frustration comes from people that don't take the time to add tone changes, riff repeater sections, palm mutes or sync their cdlc properly.

• Like 2

As both a charter and someone leaving feedback, I do think autofollow for the uploader would be nice - I do click the follow button after upload myself, but even that's also made more difficult with the not uncommon CloudFlare error and having to navigate to the page from elsewhere. Automentioning the charter in comments could be a nice alternative as well, especially as it's difficult to navigate to the forum post to click the mention button (and I don't see a way to mention elsewhere, but no doubt button blindness on my part) as there's a way from the specific forum post to go to the specific CDLC page, but not vice versa (back to the forums button literally just takes you back to the forums instead of the specific topic).

I don't think this would solve the lack of meaningful feedback, but I do think it would ensure the charter is alerted to any meaningful feedback they get.

Honestly, though, this forum gets so weird sometimes that someone quoted and mentioned me in a topic I followed and I STILL  didn't get an alert, so now I actually keep the submitted CDLC forum open and just check that as far back to the last topic I know I saw feedback on, which like not everyone can be that committed/obsessive.

I'll also crosspost my musing on a non-rating feedback system to ensure more meaningful (but likely less used, unfortunately) feedback because why not, who's gonna stop me.

I've always got the multitracks.

I think that the rating system is a good idea (i'll give most of mine a 3 lol) but wouldn't it make more sense for the charter to rate their songs in the toolkit instead of having to open the song manager, but that's just a bit of a nitpick great work my dude.

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

• Developer

@@coldrampage Thanks for the input.  I hear your point about using toolkit to pre-rate.  I actually thought about this when deciding not to provide that option in the toolkit.  My feeling is that CDLC should not be rated, when maybe it hasn't even been played through yet.  So for me, it didn't make sense to rate it in the toolkit. 

I know that using CFSM to rate CDLC also does not guarantee that the charter has played the CDLC through and quality checked it.    But hopefully this added step helps to force the quality check issue.

• Like 1

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

• 2 weeks later...

Cool thing.

Thanks!

If I understand correctly the rating system, it stores my ratings for myself, so that next time when I look through the library I can see and use them.

I think it would be more beneficial if it worked as on Amazon or Google Play store and many other places: if I download a CDLC and find it bad, I could score it low (leaving a comment why I think it is bad).

Then on the one hand other people would not need to download it first to find out that it is bad and on the other hand an uploader could get feedback, and if they cared, they could then go and fix the CDLC.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Developer

You can now use CFSM to tag CDLC album artwork that displays in-game with rating stars, as well as arrangement information.

gsTybqH.png

• Developer

@@Alex360 Can you see image now?