Welcome to CustomsForge Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Learn & Play Rocksmith!

Want to play the songs you love? Registration and the use of this website is 100% free.
The only thing you need is a legal copy of Rocksmith 2014 w/ a cable. Click here to buy it.

Having trouble logging in or registering? Please click "Support" below.

Photo

Duplicates

Best Answer cozy1, 29 August 2018 - 03:05 PM

Should be fixed in latest beta.

Go to the full post »

14 replies to this topic

Offline   cfg

cfg

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 48 posts
  • 0 thanks

How are Duplicates identified?

I have 2 Songs by different bands with the same DLC Key but they dont show as Duplicates.

I thought Duplicates are a problem when they have the same DLC key. I have other songs which are the same song with different DLC key and they dont cause problems.

Offline   cozy1

cozy1

Master Peon

• Rocksmith Custom Developer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts
  • 189 thanks

How are Duplicates identified?

I have 2 Songs by different bands with the same DLC Key but they dont show as Duplicates.

I thought Duplicates are a problem when they have the same DLC key. I have other songs which are the same song with different DLC key and they dont cause problems.

EDITED (8/29):
CFSM initially shows/identifies duplicates based on the DLC Key and/or ArtistTitleAlbum.  The DLC Key is usually a short acronym based on the ArtistTitleAlbum.  If not unique these could cause issues in the game (only one of the duplicates appears in-game setlist).  Let me know if you are having a problem loading two songs with the same DLC Key and send me a link to both.

CFSM can also identify duplicates based on the Persistent ID (PID) of the individual arrangements.  Click the blue 'Show SongInfo/PersistentID' link label in CFSM to find any duplicate PID's.  Duplicate PID's are known to crash the game and must be removed.

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Release of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Test Build/Beta of  Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Beta of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest Test/Beta build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

Offline   cfg

cfg

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 48 posts
  • 0 thanks

DLC Key: WhereEagelsDare

by Iron Maiden and by Misfits. Have the same DLC Key but dont show as duplicates.

Maiden from customsforge.com.

Tried to attach Misfits one but it is too large.

Why is there a Best Answer when it is not? Why can someone other than the OP choose the Best Answer?

Offline   cozy1

cozy1

Master Peon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts
  • 189 thanks

Sorry I bothered wasting my time.

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Release of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Test Build/Beta of  Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Beta of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest Test/Beta build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

Offline   cfg

cfg

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 48 posts
  • 0 thanks

Why the attitude?

I am being a Beta Tester trying to help you fix some bugs.

Offline   firekorn

firekorn

Done Nothing for the Community

• Administrator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,923 posts
  • 553 thanks

Donator

@cfg i just checked both DLC and they don't use the same DLC key which explain why they wouldn't show as duplicates.

Duplicates are for situation where ingame issue will arise (same DLC key or same PID as @cozy1 stated). CFSM don't warn you about duplicates that will work together because you might actually want both songs to show up in game.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

Offline   cfg

cfg

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 48 posts
  • 0 thanks

They have the same DLC Key as stated before.

The Misfits song is not in customsforge.com which is why I tried to upload it but it is over the 500KB limit so I cant.

Offline   firekorn

firekorn

• Administrator

• 3,923 posts
  • 553 thanks

Donator

@cfg Are you using the official version of the Misifts song?

For files, you should upload them on a services made for sharing files like google drive.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

Offline   cfg

cfg

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 48 posts
  • 0 thanks

Its not the ODLC but the bug is there. This is just the case I noticed. This is why I tried to upload the file but couldnt. I dont have a file sharing account. Anywhere I can upload it so devs can check the bug?

Offline   firekorn

firekorn

• Administrator

• 3,923 posts
  • 553 thanks

Donator

@cfg We don't have any system that handle file sharing, making an account for Google Drive or DropBox is free and will satisfy your need easily.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

Offline   cfg

cfg

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 48 posts
  • 0 thanks

https://mega.nz/#!lXpTjDpJ!52MUhW4H7dKnW5WYC7wyJueKC1yCkTFetnjkak1YJDs

Let me know when devs have it to remove it.

Offline   cfg

cfg

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 48 posts
  • 0 thanks

Any update?

Offline   cfg

cfg

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 48 posts
  • 0 thanks

2 More songs with same DCL Key but not showing as Duplicates.

https://mega.nz/#F!N...p_IADtO9CrdTfIA

Offline   cozy1

cozy1

Master Peon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts
  • 189 thanks
✓  Best Answer

Should be fixed in latest beta.

Offline   cfg

cfg

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 48 posts
  • 0 thanks

Yes. Cool!

Reply to this topic