CDLC Testers Needed for Toolkit Upgrades

• Developer

I've been working on a number of changes to how the toolkit handles platform conversions which will hopefully solve some old issues.

I need the help of a few experienced users with testing CDLC in Rocksmith to confirm the these changes and modifications are working.  Please download the test CDLC for your platform below.  Let me know if the CDLC works as expected.

1)  Is it loadable/tunable?

2)  Is it playable?

3)  Hows the audio quality? (all 17 seconds of it)

4)  Any other issues/observations?

5)  What platform did you test CDLC on?

I look forward to receiving your input.  Thanks

PeppaPig_v3_m.psarc

PeppaPig_v3_p.psarc

PeppaPig_v3_ps3.psarc.edat

PeppaPig_v3_xbox

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Developer

Still need testers for PS3 and Xbox360.  Anyone?

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

I just tried, I'm on OFW (HAN enabled) so I can just install PKG. I had the official Muse songpack installed already, so I created a custom PKG DLC with the same numberas the Muse songpack that just includes the Peppa Pig song, and it doesn't appear on the list. However, I also tried with another conversion of a CDLC song, doing the same steps and it doesn't appear. I don't know if it's something wrong on my side or the CDLC just don't work.

• Developer

@alvarob  Do you have any other CDLC installed and working on your PS3?

@@cozy1 Not yet. Just official DLC repackaged by me (so I know that my repackaging and signing works).

I'll try to search for more CDLC and keep trying until one works. So far I've tried creating a new number package (not used by the official rocksmith, but still following Sony naming conventions) and using an existing number package.

• Developer

I just tried it on a ps3 and the song doesnt appear, i tried the megadeth she wolf cdlc converted from pc to ps3 cdlc and it worked fine.

Please provide the workflow that you used for converting megadeth.  Inlcuding your OS, toolkit version, and a link to the converted CDLC that works on your PS3.  Thanks

I play on ps3, I can test for you.

I'll let you know quickly enough.

Just for the info, the new V.2.8.4.1-82e47ea8 BETA toolkit does not convert DLCs to PS3 while the V.2.8.4.0-420e01fc works.

On the other hand, the 2 versions cited correctly convert the CDLC

I'll come back to tell you about the ps3 test.

The PS3 version that you give does not work (not in the list)

I converted with the toolbox V.2.8.4.1-82e47ea8 BETA from PC to PS3.

After i tested with apparently some sync issues.

Indeed the notes do not fall at the same time as the xylophone and the last measure that we play is after the end of the music.

I'm not doing the test by converting with the old V.2.8.4.0-4-4e01fc toolbox

I hope I've helped you.

I just tried it on a ps3 and the song doesnt appear, i tried the megadeth she wolf cdlc converted from pc to ps3 cdlc and it worked fine.

Please provide the workflow that you used for converting megadeth.  Inlcuding your OS, toolkit version, and a link to the converted CDLC that works on your PS3.  Thanks

Toolkit Version: 2.8.4.1

CDLC original link: http://customsforge.com/index.php/page/customsforge_rs_2014_cdlc.html/_/pc-enabled-rs-2014-cdlc/she-wolf-rude-awakening-r36345

CDLC converted file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6mwoda4xpjqb9ve/Megadeth_She-Wolf-Rude-Awakening_v1_ps3.psarc.edat?dl=0

Workflow:

-open toolkit

-select converter tab

-choose from pc to ps3

-select the psarc cdlc

-convert over the smashing pumpkin - cherub rock

-copy exported edat file to ps3 DLC directory

Hope it helps.

• Like 1

• Developer

I'll come back to tell you about the ps3 test.

The PS3 version that you give does not work (not in the list)

I converted with the toolbox V.2.8.4.1-82e47ea8 BETA from PC to PS3.

After i tested with apparently some sync issues.

Indeed the notes do not fall at the same time as the xylophone and the last measure that we play is after the end of the music.

I'm not doing the test by converting with the old V.2.8.4.0-4-4e01fc toolbox

I hope I've helped you.

This helps.  Thanks  The new conversion method should solve the sync issue that you are seeing in rev 82e47ea8.  Rev 82e47ea8 is very old.  Did you use CDLC Creator GUI or Converter?  I get an error when I use Packer/Unpacker to unpack your converted PS3 package that was created with with rev 82e47ea8.  Are you seeing this too.  Appreciate if you could try with latest public toolkit beta rev 4ed91936 and see if it works for same conversion.

This helps.  Thanks  The new conversion method should solve the sync issue that you are seeing in rev 82e47ea8.  Rev 82e47ea8 is very old.  Did you use CDLC Creator GUI or Converter?  I get an error when I use Packer/Unpacker to unpack your converted PS3 package that was created with with rev 82e47ea8.  Are you seeing this too.  Appreciate if you could try with latest public toolkit beta rev 4ed91936 and see if it works for same conversion.

Hello cozy1.

You mix up the post returns because I have never sent a file (it does not matter ^_^). however it's me who is tested with the toolbox rev. 82e47ea8.

I redid the conversion from the toolbox rev. 4ed91936 and I got the exact same results as with the rev. 82e47ea8 that is the same synchronization problem all along.

I have always converted from the toolbox into the converter tab.

FYI, I am with a PS3 in CFW Alexander Ferrox 4.82 Cobra 7.5 1.01 CEX.

Thank you for your effort.

• Developer

@@group Please try the latest beta/test build rev for your conversions and let me know if it is working.  Thanks

I always converted the same way with the rstoolkit-2.8.4.1-4cbba38d-win and this time, the synchronization is perfect.

no problem for me

hard for finger's job the peppa pig :D

Congratulations for the work.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Developer

I've not seen the topic when it started - do you still need test results of the linked files in post #1 for macOS platform?

Other user reports changes working on Mac.  Confirmation would be nice.  Thanks.

1)  Is it loadable/tunable?

yes, loads into the songlist without any problem, same for tuning the guitar

2)  Is it playable?

Tested it in RR (all 2 sections selectable), score attack and learn a song, could play it in all 3

3)  Hows the audio quality? (all 17 seconds of it)

it's good

4)  Any other issues/observations?

everything worked as expected; funny custom :D

5)  What platform did you test CDLC on?

macOS High Sierra 10.13.6

@@Alex360 I've never used Wine, for Windows or Linux I always used VMware virtualisation

• 4 weeks later...

@@hotbuzman it's a bit complicated thing aand answer is likeley to be if you have the device you'll maintain support for that device and write packer \package format for it I'm not sure we'll be able to maintain it or even develop cdlc package without heavy testing and research, but maybe Cozy could do

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. - Privacy Policy