Welcome to CustomsForge Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Learn & Play Rocksmith!

Want to play the songs you love? Registration and the use of this website is 100% free.
The only thing you need is a legal copy of Rocksmith 2014 w/ a cable. Click here to buy it.

Having trouble logging in or registering? Please click "Support" below.

Photo

Rocksmith Remastered useless for me.

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

Offline   firekorn

firekorn

Done Nothing for the Community

• Administrator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,822 posts
  • 540 thanks

Donator

Does Cherub Rock shows up ingame?

I'm curious as to where you are putting the CDLC exactly?

Also how do you launch the game exactly?

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

Offline   Goranpaa

Goranpaa

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 39 posts
  • 0 thanks

No, Cherub won't show up.

I put it in the dlc folder.

I launch it from Steam.

Offline   firekorn

firekorn

• Administrator

• 3,822 posts
  • 540 thanks

Donator

Wait, you bought Cherub Rock but it doesn't show up ingame? that seems like a serious issue with Steam or Ubisoft here and nothing that we can handle on our own side (unless you actually didn't bought it on steam which would easily explain your situation).

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

Offline   Goranpaa

Goranpaa

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 39 posts
  • 0 thanks

Yeah, that might be the case, that I have some issue with UBI or Steam? But as for the standard Rocksmith 2014 on my other computer, I do not have any problems with neither Cherub or any of the tons of songs I have downloaded from here for that matter. I'm at a total loss here.

Well, I guess that I have been beaten by my copy of RR. Luckily I bought in on sale. A small comfort but still....

Many thanks for investing so much time trying to help me!

A really merry Christmas and a happy new year to you now.

Offline   firekorn

firekorn

• Administrator

• 3,822 posts
  • 540 thanks

Donator

@Goranpaa I'm still incredibly surprised that such an issue even occurs at all and i'm sure that asking for support to Ubi regarding the fact a DLC you paid for doesn't work should allow you to solve that issue.

Note that just for the sake of things, i would restart the PC, verify the game cache again and see how it goes but not getting something you have paid for shouldn't be normal in any kind of way and it's the first time i heard of such an issue on this game.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

Offline   Goranpaa

Goranpaa

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 39 posts
  • 0 thanks

Thanks for the advice. And I  will try the UBISoft support. But I do not have any high hopes, as I  have dealt with them before for another games problem and not getting much help there.

Unfortunatly, It's seems like I can restart the PC and verify the game cashe until kingdom comes, but it won't help.

SIGH! I think I will stick to the Standard RS and try to forget everything about RR and the fact that I have thrown some good money in the toilet.

Offline   firekorn

firekorn

• Administrator

• 3,822 posts
  • 540 thanks

Donator

@Goranpaa You can always ask steam to reimburse you anyway since you aren't getting what you paid for but i would suggest to at least try Ubisoft support first. Note that near christmas, there might not be as many employee available for support so it might take longer but not getting what you paid for isn't something that should be just left alone.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

Offline   Goranpaa

Goranpaa

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 39 posts
  • 0 thanks

Thanks for the tips. I will look into this after the Christmas holiday. As you say, likely there aren't many employees around for the moment.

Thanks for all the help you have provided.

As said, have a very nice Christmas and New years holiday now.

Offline   Goranpaa

Goranpaa

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 39 posts
  • 0 thanks

Hmm, I tried the UBISoft forum today. But they have some strange forum rules. After posting my problems in detail and all the suggestions that you provided me with, my tread got removed later on because the moderator felt that talking about the D3DX9_42.dll are a game hack and therefore not allowed. :(

I myself think that UBISoft, should be grateful instead that someone tries to fix this song problem for them. As far as I have been able to read on the net? Problems with getting the DLC's to show up in the in game song lists are pretty common in the Remastered version.

Offline   MaZtoR

MaZtoR

Great A'Tuin

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,632 posts
  • 69 thanks

User's Awards

Don't mention the dll to them.  Your problem lies with Cherub rock not working and you don't need the dll for that.

Offline   firekorn

firekorn

• Administrator

• 3,822 posts
  • 540 thanks

Donator

@Goranpaa ... Even our rules tells you that you should never mention anything CDLC related to Ubisoft.

Your issue with Ubisoft lies with Cherub Rock not working, a DLC you purchased, that's the only thing you should discuss with them. Any activity regarding CDLC as nothing to do with Ubisoft and they won't help in any kind of way as they don't support this.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

Offline   Goranpaa

Goranpaa

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 39 posts
  • 0 thanks

Ok. I see.

Offline   Ganno

Ganno

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • XBOX:LA Ganno

@Goranpaa I'm sure that we could help you if you share a screen capture of your Rocksmith folder and we will likely be able to help you in a more precise and specific way but i still have to heard of anyone for whom that dll doesn't work at all and i really doubt that you are such a special case.

Also what do you mean by CDLC doesn't work exactly? does they show up ingame and just hang at the start of the song? If they don't even show up ingame, it's because you don't own Cherub Rock. If they hang up, it's an issue with the dll in some kind of way.

Thanks for continue to help me out!

What I mean by that the CDLC doesn't work are that they won't show up in the in game song list. Only the 50 vanilla songs are there. I own Cherub Rock.

I also wonder what is it that make Cherub Rock this special?

Here are the requested screenshot:

https://ibb.co/gQSmAR

I really, really hope that my game aren't unique in this way! :)

What is pjs_sapause? Try removing that and see if it makes a difference, and Verify your Game Cache.

Offline   firekorn

firekorn

• Administrator

• 3,822 posts
  • 540 thanks

Donator

@Ganno Not sure what this file is about but i have one in my folder which is just a txt with random value that seems to be coming from RS and i have no issue with CDLC or Cherub Rock.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

Offline   Andriuxp20

Andriuxp20

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks

i got the same problem here :(

Offline   firekorn

firekorn

• Administrator

• 3,822 posts
  • 540 thanks

Donator

@Andriuxp20 which is exactly?

Also feel free to answer any of the other question that were ask in those 2 pages so that we can see if you're problem is indeed the same or not.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography