Welcome to CustomsForge Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Learn & Play Rocksmith!

Want to play the songs you love? Registration and the use of this website is 100% free.
The only thing you need is a legal copy of Rocksmith 2014 w/ a cable. Click here to buy it.

Having trouble logging in or registering? Please click "Support" below.

Photo

Rocksmith Remastered useless for me.

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

Offline   Goranpaa

Goranpaa

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 39 posts
  • 0 thanks

I just bought this yesterday, but as the custom songs from here won't work despite that I have tried the injector and the D3DX9_42.dll + the CFSM. But no cigar. :( I even cleaned every song = 332 songs.

I have verified the Steam cashe too btw.

So I guess I have thrown some money in the bin? And have to return to the ordinary RS 2014.

That is if not anyone here can come up with a soloution?

I'm on Windows 7 Pro 64 bit.

Offline   Khaaoos

Khaaoos

Beginner Guitarist

• Charter
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • 2 thanks
  • XBOX:Khaaoos
i can use rs remastered without any problems, same os.
maybe you've saved the dll in the wrong folder?

Offline   firekorn

firekorn

Done Nothing for the Community

• Administrator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,823 posts
  • 540 thanks

Donator

@Goranpaa The dll is made to work with the remastered version so the issue isn't because of the version of the game at all.

Make sure to follow those instructions : CDLC not working - General Rocksmith - CustomsForge

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

Offline   Goranpaa

Goranpaa

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 39 posts
  • 0 thanks

i can use rs remastered without any problems, same os.
maybe you've saved the dll in the wrong folder?

Hi!

No, I did put in the same folder as the exe.  file etc.

Thanks for the suggestion anyway.

Offline   Goranpaa

Goranpaa

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 39 posts
  • 0 thanks

@Goranpaa The dll is made to work with the remastered version so the issue isn't because of the version of the game at all.

Make sure to follow those instructions : CDLC not working - General Rocksmith - CustomsForge

Hi!

Thank you for trying to help me. But it seems like I'm one of those unlucky few that have this stroke of bad luck. :(  I did follow the instructions in the link to 100%.

Offline   Khaaoos

Khaaoos

Beginner Guitarist

• Charter
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • 2 thanks
  • XBOX:Khaaoos

Hi!

Thank you for trying to help me. But it seems like I'm one of those unlucky few that have this stroke of bad luck. :( I did follow the instructions in the link to 100%.
have you also tried copying the dll to the dlc folder?

Offline   Teinashu

Teinashu

Lord of Hunger.

• Administrator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts
  • 364 thanks
  • XBOX:Teinashu

Donator

Reinstall your entire game. Make sure the folder is clean of the .dll file. injector and other stuff.
When it's reinstalled download the latest version of the .dll file here https://drive.google...G1acFFvbE0/view
Place it in your RS folder. where the .exe file is. Make sure you do not install any other "this will make your cdlc work" stuff like the injector.

Community Admin | Send me a message if you are having trouble with something | Teinashu's Hall of Glory
Steam -

Offline   Goranpaa

Goranpaa

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 39 posts
  • 0 thanks

Hi!

Thank you for trying to help me. But it seems like I'm one of those unlucky few that have this stroke of bad luck. :( I did follow the instructions in the link to 100%.
have you also tried copying the dll to the dlc folder?

Yepp,  tried that and it didn't work. :(

Offline   Goranpaa

Goranpaa

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 39 posts
  • 0 thanks

Reinstall your entire game. Make sure the folder is clean of the .dll file. injector and other stuff.
When it's reinstalled download the latest version of the .dll file here https://drive.google...G1acFFvbE0/view
Place it in your RS folder. where the .exe file is. Make sure you do not install any other "this will make your cdlc work" stuff like the injector.

I tried this twice but no cigar....again. Now I'm on the edge of giving up on this xxxxxx game!  :( I have even tried to run the game as administrator and verified the cashe a couple of times too.

The worst thing is, that the vanilla songs are mostly music that I do not like. Metal, isn't my cup of tea and like wise grunge. I'm into the 60,s 70's, 80.s and 90's music and the hardest that I like are Deep Purple and Led Zeppelin for ex. But I prefer stuff like Blues, Rolling Stones, The Police, Dire Straits, Bruce Springsteen, Queen and similar. But I guess that in Remasterded, that won't happend for me.

It's a real pity that in the original RS, you do not have the possibility to actually set the overall difficulty as in RR under the options. Without this option the game think I'm better than I actually are and turn the difficulty up over my head. The only similar is as you know the Riff Repeater. But that sound like crappo when you turn the speed down.

Btw. The Remastered game version are 165.369567.  According to Steam, I have the latest update.

Thanks for trying to help me out.

Offline   firekorn

firekorn

• Administrator

• 3,823 posts
  • 540 thanks

Donator

@Goranpaa I'm sure that we could help you if you share a screen capture of your Rocksmith folder and we will likely be able to help you in a more precise and specific way but i still have to heard of anyone for whom that dll doesn't work at all and i really doubt that you are such a special case.

Also what do you mean by CDLC doesn't work exactly? does they show up ingame and just hang at the start of the song? If they don't even show up ingame, it's because you don't own Cherub Rock. If they hang up, it's an issue with the dll in some kind of way.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

Offline   Tmlt

Tmlt

Master Guitarist

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts
  • 33 thanks

What does "cleaned every song" mean?

Offline   Goranpaa

Goranpaa

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 39 posts
  • 0 thanks

@Goranpaa I'm sure that we could help you if you share a screen capture of your Rocksmith folder and we will likely be able to help you in a more precise and specific way but i still have to heard of anyone for whom that dll doesn't work at all and i really doubt that you are such a special case.

Also what do you mean by CDLC doesn't work exactly? does they show up ingame and just hang at the start of the song? If they don't even show up ingame, it's because you don't own Cherub Rock. If they hang up, it's an issue with the dll in some kind of way.

Thanks for continue to help me out!

What I mean by that the CDLC doesn't work are that they won't show up in the in game song list. Only the 50 vanilla songs are there. I own Cherub Rock.

I also wonder what is it that make Cherub Rock this special?

Here are the requested screenshot:

https://ibb.co/gQSmAR

I really, really hope that my game aren't unique in this way! :)

Offline   Goranpaa

Goranpaa

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 39 posts
  • 0 thanks

What does "cleaned every song" mean?

I meant that I used the CF Song Manager to clean the songs.

Offline   firekorn

firekorn

• Administrator

• 3,823 posts
  • 540 thanks

Donator

@Goranpaa You own Cherub Rock and the songs still doesn't appear in game? That's extremely strange to say the least. Can you make sure that steam have it installed?

As for what makes it special, nothing it's just the first DLC to be available which made it the perfect candidate to use his appID right after release.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

Offline   Goranpaa

Goranpaa

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 39 posts
  • 0 thanks

Yeah, I  just checked the dlc folder and it's there if that is what you are looking for?

Ok. then I understand how Cherub Rock works. Thanks for the info.

Offline   firekorn

firekorn

• Administrator

• 3,823 posts
  • 540 thanks

Donator

I would try to check and uncheck it from steam to see if that help :

https://imgur.com/kacgOrn

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

Offline   Goranpaa

Goranpaa

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 39 posts
  • 0 thanks

I'm a total noob at this. Should i uncheck it under Library or what?

Btw.  I have seen every time when getting to the start screen with the speakers and so on a message flashing by saying something about Enumerating and something more. But the message close in a second.

Edit. Sorry, now I did find where to check / uncheck.

Offline   Goranpaa

Goranpaa

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 39 posts
  • 0 thanks

Nope, the checking - unchecking didn't work. :(

Offline   firekorn

firekorn

• Administrator

• 3,823 posts
  • 540 thanks

Donator

And the song still doesn't appear at all?

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

Offline   Goranpaa

Goranpaa

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 39 posts
  • 0 thanks

No, it doesn't :(