Install the game.

Guide:

Copy CDLC back

Verify your settings.

Guide:

Now you should be all set.

Bonus:

Check out Roadie, its pretty awesome:

Ok sounds pretty straight forward thanks.

I'm not sure what new computer i will get I'm almost sure it would be a PC not Mac

but if I did choose a Mac I'd have a lot of work ahead, I'd have to re download all my CDLC's and purchased songs, right ?

When i log in and download the game if I chose Mac would steam where i purchased RS and RS 2014, download the correct version or would I have to buy the Mac version?

I'm also looking for the easiest directions on how to start making my own CDLC. I see there are several you tube videos on this subject but some seem to over explain, And different people seem to do it differently adding to the confusion. Anybody any suggestions?

What are the most current versions of software out there needed?

Thanks for your time

Regarding making your own customs:

This tutorial is frequently updated

http://customsforge.com/topic/35318-cdlc-creation-for-rocksmith-2014-remastered/

This one is super detailed about complex notes.  If you get stuck on bends/slides/etc read this

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fktorkmogtgfqda/Tech%20Notes%20Tutorial%2C%20Version%201.1%20-Published%20(18Mar2014).pdf

You will need the latest versions of EOF+latest hotfix and the Rocksmith Custom Toolkit latest test build, available under tools at the top of this webpage.

You will also need WWise installed on your PC (you never need to use it, the toolkit uses it for you.)

Hi Thunder9, 

> almost sure it would be a PC not Mac

You will find more tools and support on the PC side of the force.

The PC & other hardware is cheaper too, of course, it's your money: buy the hardware that you want to use.

>but if I did choose a Mac I'd have a lot of work ahead, I'd have to re download all my CDLC's 

"Yes"

it is not impossible to convert files to apple format, but it might take some time.

Link to the guide here:

>and purchased songs, right ?

Yes.

I Googled for the DLC compatibility, but i got some mixed results. I suggest that first you make sure that you can use your PC DLC with apple first, so you don't have to buy the same music twice.

>When i log in and download the game if I chose Mac would steam where i purchased RS and RS 2014, download the correct version or would I have to buy the Mac version?

Good question, i have never installed the apple version, so i can't advice you with this. You should check this too, with the steam support.