Welcome to CustomsForge Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Learn & Play Rocksmith!

Want to play the songs you love? Registration and the use of this website is 100% free.
The only thing you need is a legal copy of Rocksmith 2014 w/ a cable. Click here to buy it.

Having trouble logging in or registering? Please click "Support" below.

Photo

Big problem with Rocksmith and CDLC

CDLC Cherubrock Rocksmith 2014 remastered Freeze game D3DX9_42.dll Windows 10

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Offline   manisluigi@gmail.com

manisluigi@gmail.com

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • 1 thanks

1. I purchased on remastered Steam Rocksmith 2014 Edition
2. I downloaded D3DX9_42.dll and copied it to C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Steam \ steamapps \ common \ Rocksmith2014
3. I purchased and installed it on Steam cherubrock (as indicated in the guide) and in the dlc folder I now also have:
cherubrock_m.psarc
cherubrock_p.psarc
4. downloaded from customforge the file: Dream-Theater_The-Best-of-Times-only_v1.0_p.psarc
5. I restarted the pc
6. I launched Rocksmith from the Steam icon on the desktop.
PROBLEM: When I go to the song (The best of times) I see only the crates and the game does not even allow me to go back with the ESC key.
With normal dlcs already in play, everything works perfectly.
I have uninstalled and installed rocksmith from Steam twice but nothing has changed.
I have windows 10 Professional.
Can you please help me out I'm crazy?
Thank you all!
Luigi.

Offline   celticbatman

celticbatman

Beginner Guitarist

• Donator
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • 0 thanks

These are called crashers.  Take a look at the list of crashers thread and I think you will find some of the answers you seek.

However, I am seeing this with ALL of the CDLC I am using, so I wonder if the latest patches to Rocksmith 14 have caused CDLC not to work properly?

Offline   celticbatman

celticbatman

Beginner Guitarist

• Donator
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • 0 thanks

Ok I reinstalled again, and used the DLL, again and it seems to be working.  What is odd is that the first DLL was 129k and the second one is 126k but I thought they were from the same saved location like a month apart.  Was there an update to the DLL?  Is that something that happens regularly?